• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anti-airs in this game are better in a sense that a lot of normals are pretty damn good at knocking people out of the air. You don't need to commit with a special move AA nor should you because Mika can use her body slam to change her trajectory . Most times, at worst you will trade but at least you will create better distance for yourself. Nash's normals are way better than Mika's so the distance it would create would be problematic.
I just played a few ranked matches and I feel like your advice is already paying off. This may sound corny but I think I'm going to print out your post and put it on my desk as a constant reminder of what I immediately need to work on and bad habits I need to break.

Edgeward

I just played a few ranked matches and I feel like your advice is already paying off. This may sound corny but I think I'm going to print out your post and put it on my desk as a constant reminder of what I immediately need to work on and bad habits I need to break.

Hey man, happy to help. I'm glad you are taking things to heart and trying to better yourself like the rest of us.

GGs edgeward, fuck mika. haha

GGs lol. I know your Bison had more wins than Ryu but your Ryu is way better imo. It's more solid in neutral and doesn't throw many unsafe moves. Let myself get CC because I don't know some of his normals frames yet but I wouldn't try to play him like SF4 with slides and scissor kick pressure. There is alot more frame trap and throws you can work in when cornering your opponent to keep it all going.

I will say this about Ryu, you gamble way too much. With your ume shoryus and parries.You end up getting burned more than not.

I felt bad that very first round where I had a brainfart and just dropped the kill lol

Edzi

Someone play me before I head to bed. CFN EdziPS, silver league, west coast us. Invite me, since my lobbies don't work.

Astral

A losing streak right before bed is the worst thing that could have happened to me right now. Now I won't sleep till I get my wins back.

NastyBook

How do people know when others are alt-tabbing? The net code is kind of janky in this game. I get 5 bar matches with people teleporting and hiccuping all over the place from both PC and PS4.
I've had jank before. Blow a guy up on a lagless first round, only to see everything slow to a crawl the next. But this was there from jump street, so I just assumed I was getting Alt-tab'd.
Shit. Also,wow that was a long range ca! It looked like you went full screen almost! Is it like the dash, does it go farther through a fireball ?
Edit: It does! I can't belive I didn't know this all this time.
It was a surprise to me, too. That was pure desperation on my part. :D

aoinokaze

Neo Member
Bad as in awful or pretty dope?

What does he do that's messed up with her?

Awful as in still relying on hooligan canon strike gimmicks that is really negative on block. Can be jab xx combo punished. He does it when his opponent is in the corner and ends up getting blocked with his cammy now in the corner. No instant canon strike pressure. Opting for a cross up in a corner instead if shimmying. Compare his cammy with someone like Poongko and Alex Myers and you will see the difference in offensive safe pressure Cammy has.

Same problem with James Chen too. Ending strings with negative on block normals moves and losing offensive pressure.

Edzi

GGs ShadowKhan. You've got a really aggressive Ryu, which typically gives me a lot of trouble. Though yours might be a little TOO aggressive, since you became incredibly predictable after the first match. I think you DPed after every single air to air.

Awful as in still relying on hooligan canon strike gimmicks that is really negative on block. Can be jab xx combo punished. He does it when his opponent is in the corner and ends up getting blocked with his cammy now in the corner. No instant canon strike pressure. Opting for a cross up in a corner instead if shimmying. Compare his cammy with someone like Poongko and Alex Myers and you will see the difference in offensive safe pressure Cammy has.

Same problem with James Chen too. Ending strings with negative on block normals moves and losing offensive pressure.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the breakdown. I'm sure he'll put her up on youtube and I'll see exactly what you're talking about then.

Edzi

Damnit Khan, every time I wanna play around with my garbage Bison I end up doing it against someone who already knows how to play him.

EDIT: Shit, I was typing this when the game started. My bad.

EDIT: That was a blowup. Lol, that's what I get for using a character I barely know how to play.

Hey man, happy to help. I'm glad you are taking things to heart and trying to better yourself like the rest of us.

GGs lol. I know your Bison had more wins than Ryu but your Ryu is way better imo. It's more solid in neutral and doesn't throw many unsafe moves. Let myself get CC because I don't know some of his normals frames yet but I wouldn't try to play him like SF4 with slides and scissor kick pressure. There is alot more frame trap and throws you can work in when cornering your opponent to keep it all going.

I will say this about Ryu, you gamble way too much. With your ume shoryus and parries.You end up getting burned more than not.

I felt bad that very first round where I had a brainfart and just dropped the kill lol

Yea man ever since 3s ive had a terrible habbit of trying to pull off the impossible on defense hahaha, especially with the liquid courage, I feel like im trying to go for a montage, rather than get the w. always been my style, need to figure out how to refine it into something that is scary and unpredictable.

Is my i5 4460 processor shitty enough that I should be getting FPS drops because of the netcode? I realize this isn't a performance thread but it seems like probably the best place to ask this question.

Is my i5 4460 processor shitty enough that I should be getting FPS drops because of the netcode? I realize this isn't a performance thread but it seems like probably the best place to ask this question.
I'm on PS4 and I get FPS drops because of the netcode. I don't think it's your processor that's the problem, but rather the game.

If the game runs at a constant 60 fps regardless of what's going on in-game, then doing the same thing only searching for matches at the same time shouldn't affect performance. This really is because of the game/servers, not the hardware.

Well I hope that you're right and I hope they fix it soon. It is comforting that its happening to PS4 players as well cause' they're more likely to fix it I think.

KingBroly

Banned
Yes, but I think that's also due to the PS4's processor.

I've had quite a few fps drops on Survival and in Training on stages with quite a few background elements ON PC. This is something the PS4 version has to deal with as well. So I chalk it up to Capcpom being Capcpom about the whole thing.

And matchmaking on PS4 does cause slowdown in Survival for some reason.

Anyways...8/16 Hard Survival runs done now. I just don't understand Laura at all. I get that her moves chain into what equate into a bunch of command grabs, but it's just so...yeah...I don't get it.

I also need to replace my TE1's Joystick, so I'm all ears on what I need to do to do that and where to get parts.

Anyways...8/16 Hard Survival runs done now. I just don't understand Laura at all. I get that her moves chain into what equate into a bunch of command grabs, but it's just so...yeah...I don't get it.
Laura has some of the best mix-ups in the game and once she gets in, she can just keep you guessing as to what she's gonna do next.

Problem is that that particular strategy is not effective against bots that read your inputs. Even the most ambiguous mix-ups can still backfire on you.

EDIT: Btw, have you done hard survival with FANG yet? If so then any tips for him?

Tularensis

Neo Member
Chun is the biggest load of bullshit wrapped into a character that I've seen since she showed up and ruined 3S. Having to have pixel perfect spacing to even attempt to contest her in the neutral is just frustrating. Even if you score a counter hit, your confirms have to also be perfect, because getting hit by a single stand strong isn't enough to keep her from hitting fierce every time your character so much as twitches near her "fuck you" zone.

I've spent my time in training mode learning how to beat her buttons with Ken, and the precision required isn't even worth it anymore. Seems like the match up is to just go in hard, try for a knockdown, and hope for the best. Any Kens have any other advice for this MU? I'm coming up blank.

KingBroly

Banned
Laura has some of the best mix-ups in the game and once she gets in, she can just keep you guessing as to what she's gonna do next.

Problem is that that particular strategy is not effective against bots that read your inputs. Even the most ambiguous mix-ups can still backfire on you.

EDIT: Btw, have you done hard survival with FANG yet? If so then any tips for him?

No, I haven't done FANG yet. I've done Ryu, Ken, Chun, Cammy, Karin, Mika, Laura and Rashid. Rashid's definitely the easiest to do, IMO.

One thing I did though was I always set a button to do nothing because the AI reads it instead of stuff that does something :p Really helpful for getting out of the corner.

KingBroly

Banned
Man...Infiltration is such a big goofball

Totally different than when at Tournaments

EDIT: All a blank button does it make it mask your inputs, so the AI can't read your inputs properly. It's not a freebie or anything.

Zissou

Chun is the biggest load of bullshit wrapped into a character that I've seen since she showed up and ruined 3S. Having to have pixel perfect spacing to even attempt to contest her in the neutral is just frustrating. Even if you score a counter hit, your confirms have to also be perfect, because getting hit by a single stand strong isn't enough to keep her from hitting fierce every time your character so much as twitches near her "fuck you" zone.

I've spent my time in training mode learning how to beat her buttons with Ken, and the precision required isn't even worth it anymore. Seems like the match up is to just go in hard, try for a knockdown, and hope for the best. Any Kens have any other advice for this MU? I'm coming up blank.

Buttons like her st.HP are very high commitment. If she's throwing them out too liberally, she's not going to be able to effectively anti-air you. If she's committing to heavily to controlling the ground, you can get away with jumping around like an idiot.

Renekton

jtar86

My new RAP4 came in yesterday but I didn't get a chance to try it out yet. Can't wait to get home and use it. I tried to hide it on my desk so my wife wouldn't notice I bought a second stick; but my kids found it and told on me. Damn kids.

My new RAP4 came in yesterday but I didn't get a chance to try it out yet. Can't wait to get home and use it. I tried to hide it on my desk so my wife wouldn't notice I bought a second stick; but my kids found it and told on me. Damn kids.

How did you even managed to hide something so big on your desk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom