• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a great video floating around one of the OT's about get the correct mindset. Wish I could remember which one!. The gist of it is you practice these things with the intention of using them but when you get into a match with an actual person you get so consumed by winning the match you forget what you were practicing and fall back in to patterns that have worked for you before.

His suggestions were to put your ego aside and forget about the win for a time being . Work on small goals like hitting a combo as many times as possible. When I first started I would set goals like "I will NOT jump AT this guy. I can neutral jump and jump backwards." That forced me to approach from the ground and beleee me after a few matches you'll start to get that right.

Hehe luckily im not that my into only winning. The only reason im playing ranked for wins right now is to reach higher in lp so I get matched with higher players in casual that are a challenge to play. I never enjoyed playing a game just to farm beginners.

I am such a slow learner too, so im learning one new thing at a time til it gets into my slow memory.. The biggest problem is that once I practice a certain thing, im obsessed with executing it and I stop caring about how the game plays out just to hunt the right time to use it.

Its so frustrating tho that there isnt any proper in game guides yet, high hopes for that new trials mode. It was first today while scouting youtube for guides that I learned about attacks that uses the blue meter and holding in lp+mp or lk + mk.

Im such a fraud for even reaching super bronze ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYCW0Dfixv4 - Lag Showdown Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat vs. Skullgirls

I almost can't believe these numbers, I would really like another measurement. Has DisplayLag done anything with SFV yet?
You really can't believe this? SFV is a month old, it's a pretty large scale fighter (despite how barren it is), Japanese FG devs aren't exactly known as netcode experts and everything about SFV except the fighting feels rushed beyond belief.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You really can't believe this? SFV is a month old, it's a pretty large scale fighter (despite how barren it is), Japanese FG devs aren't exactly known as netcode experts and everything about SFV except the fighting feels rushed beyond belief.
Well he's saying the game has 140ms of input lag in local versus mode.

just beat Survival Normal as Karin as well... so that means I've done it on two characters lol

still a crappy mode, only managed to beat it both times by exploiting the ai (jump in, high hit, low hit, repeat)

oti

Banned
I have now played this game for 50h.

Only played Survival thrice, all three times with Ryu. (1 Easy, 1 Normal, 1 Hard)
Haven't touched any other character so far, only playing Ranked Online.

This game is good.

FANG = TRASH
Laura = TRASH
Karin = TRASH
Nash = TRASH

tariniel

Hey all,

So I typically play as either Birdie or Bison. Lately I've been running into just a gaggle of people playing Nash who spam his Adon-looking kick (forget the name of it), land, and start jabbing like crazy. The problem is when people start mixing up the jabs with throws, I kinda don't know what to do. I know there's something I can do outside of just blocking and predicting a throw, but I'm lost. Any tips?

Bison can v.skill reflect his moonsault kick thing, I think every version except EX. Go into training and practice it, it's pretty much the perfect counter because if Nash doesn't block you'll hit him with the 2 hit fireball of your reflect, and if he blocks you're back in neutral. It's harder to use if he covers it well with a sonic boom though, so be careful in those cases. But if Nash is just doing raw moonsaults you can easily absorb/reflect them.

If you end up blocking the moonsault kick, like someone else said, Nash is + and you have to block after. If you're having trouble or close to stun you can use a v.reversal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYCW0Dfixv4 - Lag Showdown Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat vs. Skullgirls

I almost can't believe these numbers, I would really like another measurement. Has DisplayLag done anything with SFV yet?

Wow... what the fuck Capcom? Does this mean if I tweak the PC ver to disable vsync I'll get significantly less input lag? Why is it so much higher than the other games in the first place?

Paltheos

Bison can v.skill reflect his moonsault flip thing, I think every version except EX. Go into training and practice it, it's pretty much the perfect counter because if Nash doesn't block you'll hit him with the 2 hit fireball of your reflect, and if he blocks you're back in neutral. It's harder to use if he covers it well with a sonic boom though, so be careful in those cases. But if Nash is just doing raw moonsaults you can easily absorb/reflect them.

Mucho. I was wondering how to deal with that and just as much curious why some better Nashes throwing it out as much.

Thanks for posting this, got some stuff from it. Not that I need to spam it but I need to use stHK way more than I do. It feels so slow I really only use it to punish bad anti airs. This dude is throwing it out way more.
NP man. st.HK is -4 I believe, so it’s safe if you space it correctly but can be punished up close.

LakeEarth

Hey all,

So I typically play as either Birdie or Bison. Lately I've been running into just a gaggle of people playing Nash who spam his Adon-looking kick (forget the name of it), land, and start jabbing like crazy. The problem is when people start mixing up the jabs with throws, I kinda don't know what to do. I know there's something I can do outside of just blocking and predicting a throw, but I'm lost. Any tips?

Birdie? d.mp!

Wait, what was your situation again? Oh right, it doesn't matter. d.mp!

Durden77

Should I even try beating Survival on Hard w/ Mika or wait until the shop opens so I can just buy the colors.

I feel like it would be especially hard with her because she doesn't have a projectile or an invincible reversal, the two best ways to cheese the CPU.

It took me like over 20 tries to do it with Nash, and his projectile is great. So good fucking luck if you go for it.

Should I even try beating Survival on Hard w/ Mika or wait until the shop opens so I can just buy the colors.
As far as we know the shop is only selling new, extra colors and not the base survival colors.

Just wait but be prepared to need to go through the gauntlet

mattp

random observation:
the announcer saying "another fight is coming your way" is baked into the little jingle that plays

i have the music muted cuz im listening to spotify, and theres no announcer during that

As far as we know the shop is only selling new, extra colors and not the base survival colors.

Just wait but be prepared to need to go through the gauntlet

Where did you read about that?

I have to imagine that they'll allow survival to unlock the colours for all of that characters' costumes though, especially since they don't give out fight money or exp when you beat it a second time. It seems like an oversight, as costumes technically aren't available yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom