• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blew up another Vega in a mirror match so he 40002's his way out.

Guy did a random CA like it was going to work. Son. I'm playing the same character...I've seen all the stupid shenanigans and hail marys you can opt for. The last person it would work on is the person playing the same dude as you.

:/

Right into a Gief who has the balls to taunt me on round one because he won and stunned. Then proceeds to get completely shit rekt the next 2 rounds by me. I was going to perfect him with his sliver of health left, then he bails. Man I need to just stream all this shit so GAF can laugh.

I'd like to see these matches :) Upload them.

I need some help here gaf. A buddy of mine is a ryu player and I'm a gief and we have been having a few fights over the past couple of nights. He is a decent player but not brilliant but I can't for the life of me take round off him. He is so aggressive he is on top of me so quickly. He seems to be able to hit me with his cross up at will. I can't seem to get any spd's off as he is just constantly jabbing and I can't see to be able to get a reversal.

Also this server issue where I'm still seeing someone else's name is doing my head in. I'm close to uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps

You gotta learn how to stop his aggression. Most pressure comes from getting in, and that is where Gief excels. You gotta find which of his normals he is using when getting in can be punished with an SPD. Same goes for pushing him out of pressure range. You want to be using cr.jab to push someone out - its one of Gief's greatest distancing tools. Once they are out of block range, you can start making reads. Also, if he is going in & hitting buttons, don't forget to use your v-skill to eat a hit, then cancel into SPD. Watch Snake_eyes matches to see how its done.

Remember, Gief is primarily a read character, its how he is played at the highest level. You want to create situations & see what your opponent does when placed in those situations. If your opponent jabs a lot at certain ranges because he's afraid of getting spd'd, walk back for a frame and throw out a crush counter. Or eat a hit with your v-skill & spd then.

I need some help here gaf. A buddy of mine is a ryu player and I'm a gief and we have been having a few fights over the past couple of nights. He is a decent player but not brilliant but I can't for the life of me take round off him. He is so aggressive he is on top of me so quickly. He seems to be able to hit me with his cross up at will. I can't seem to get any spd's off as he is just constantly jabbing and I can't see to be able to get a reversal.

Also this server issue where I'm still seeing someone else's name is doing my head in. I'm close to uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps
Use Lariat, it forces people to be more wary of jumping on you.

Edzi

Any Chun/Necalli players wanna give me some tips on how Necalli can fight her? Been thinking about it since yesterday, and I can't figure it out. She seems too good against him.

Ohnonono

Any Chun/Necalli players wanna give me some tips on how Necalli can fight her? Been thinking about it since yesterday, and I can't figure it out. She seems too good against him.

I am not a good player by any means, but at least where I am at they have to mess up and you have to punish real hard. Chun has the damn tools to make life hell.

I am not a good player by any means, but at least where I am at they have to mess up and you have to punish real hard. Chun has the damn tools to make life hell.

Necalli needs to get in. Simple as that. Problem is chun has a great anti air with that LK, and great footsies on the ground. You have to play hyper passive, and hope she comes to you and messes up in the neutral.

Once you are in abuse your HP meaty, cross ups, command grabs, anti airs, etc.

I generally beat Chun as Necalli ONLY when I get into super saiyan mode.

nded

Maybe try going for crush counters if your friend has a tendency to push buttons. Stay at around mid range and use st. HK to pop him into the air for air grabs or charge st. HP to absorb a hit then dash in and SPD after crush counter. Ryu's jab range is also really short and Zangief's LP SPD can probably blow through if done just out of jab range. Go for lariat or st. LP if he's jumping at you and regular throws when he's bulldogging up close since they'll beat a normal on the same frame.

What would the easiest way be to do so? Check my own CFN profile, check last matches, and then record the replays, or is that not possible?

I can stream for the next 15-20 minutes for anyone interested in watching a scrub vega online.

I'll then be gone for 15 minutes, and then can stream again on Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/gootecksshimmy/

That is a way another good thing to do is save your last 15 minutesof gameplay through the share fearture on PS4 then trim and cut it form there.

Ohnonono

Necalli needs to get in. Simple as that. Problem is chun has a great anti air with that LK, and great footsies on the ground. You have to play hyper passive, and hope she comes to you and messes up in the neutral.

Aye, stay back and V-Skill to build meter. Hope they let you play lame for long enough to go Long Hair Don't Care mode.

Hex

Banned

Not good by any means, but I do ok against the Chuns that I am faced with.
Make your punishes count, make ex dp count, get in their head early with seismo.
And throw every chance that you get, command and normal.

Edzi

That's what I figured. I seriously expect her to get some kind of nerf down the line unless some new stuff is discovered, since the "pray they mess up" game plan seems a little too hopeless for a matchup.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Blew up another Vega in a mirror match so he 40002's his way out.

Guy did a random CA like it was going to work. Son. I'm playing the same character...I've seen all the stupid shenanigans and hail marys you can opt for. The last person it would work on is the person playing the same dude as you.

:/

Right into a Gief who has the balls to taunt me on round one because he won and stunned. Then proceeds to get completely shit rekt the next 2 rounds by me. I was going to perfect him with his sliver of health left, then he bails. Man I need to just stream all this shit so GAF can laugh.

Man, you're posting style/persona reminds me of this other dude who used to be up in the SF4 threads, used to play Cody iirc. Zlatko was his name, maybe? Something like that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Here I thought the only wins you got against Chun were when you Rage Quit.

200_s.gif

Baleoce

Whenever I come across a laggy match in casual mode my brain just switches off. Like "even if I pull off a win this match isn't of any use to me". Well, other than FM. But that's not why I'm in casual mode. I just want to learn. Need to find an offline scene.

Last game, then I have to head out.

Will be back in 30ish minutes and will stream again. I'm all for tips too. Feels bad losing to Birdie but he had great reads on me.

That ken match sucked. Laggy. Not unplayable, but some minor teleporting happened. Blah. Brb GAF.

Hot damn. Nash blew me up sky high.

Him and Cammy are pretty much going to beat me every time . xD

Yeah you seem to put yourself in a lot of dangerous situations with your raw vtriggers and FCBs. You cornered yourself quick a few times using them at the wrong times. You also seem to have a little bit of issues with jab mashers. I see you using clawless stance a lot in training but never really go to it much in VS how come?

Shouta

You need to halt his advance. If he's pressing buttons, counterpoke him. If he's jumping in on you, make sure to anti-air him each and very time. Him being aggressive works in your favor because then you don't have to work your way in which is the harder thing to do. You just have to shore up your defenses.

Xevren

Man, you're posting style/persona reminds me of this other dude who used to be up in the SF4 threads, used to play Cody iirc. Zlatko was his name, maybe? Something like that.

I thought that awhile ago, it's just missing that tag about his bp or whatever it was.

Just fought the same Cammy twice. Either this game is even more dead than i thought or MM is fucked.

If he's dashing towards you and you know he's gonna be in range to either HK or grab, then jab his ass off of you. It'll take some practice but you'll get the hang of it.

Does st.lp work if he dashes in and st.mp? I play Laura so i have a 3 frame jab.

Just fought the same Cammy twice. Either this game is even more dead than i thought or MM is fucked.

Does st.lp work if he dashes in and st.mp? I play Laura so i have a 3 frame jab.
The trick is to get your jab out before he get's a chance to complete his move. If he's already gotten his cr.mp out, then there's not much you can do about it. Remember that there's a small period during the later stages of his dash where he has no invulnerability and he's still recovering.

Throws will take 5 frames to come out, and his HK will take 9. You can definitely get a 3 frame jab out there but like I said, it takes practice.

The trick is to get your jab out before he get's a chance to complete his move. If he's already gotten his cr.mp out, then there's not much you can do about it. Remember that there's a small period during the later stages of his dash where he has no invulnerability and he's still recovering.

Throws will take 5 frames to come out, and his HK will take 9. You can definitely get a 3 frame jab out there but like I said, it takes practice.

You have loads of time to punish Bison's dashes. They're not nearly as fast as they look. Press the button before he reappears.

Cool. I'll have to try it out in training room later. Thanks guys.

Steroyd

Holy fucking shit, I must have had my laggiest match yet.

This is why I watch the intros holy shit, we both sat back for a while then we starting going at each other in what looks like everything catching up to itself in a single frame.

Please excuse my whiff at the end. still can't end that combo with a critical art online when I can do it fine in training. T_T.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Finally reached Ultra Bronze after beating a better (higher LP, anyway) Mika than mine, a silver Ryu and a Bison. Time to retire.

Real talk though does anyone else have more problems fighting scrubby Ken/Ryu players than high skill ones? You don't expect them to do stupid shit like wake-up SRK literally every single time but they do. Like, a good player you can condition to make certain reads, but some players just have no brains to condition I guess, and though I know I should just block and punish the scrubs, I keep trying to play them like they're smart and get blown up by dumb shit. I know that's on me but it sucks because those matches are no fun and just make me indulge in bad habits that I have to unlearn to fight better players.

Matchmaking's been really screwy for me, getting very few matches. Highest rank I've gotten so far is around 1900 lp.

So anyway, there's this dude named KappaPawa who plays almost exclusively Vega. Ran into him during the Betas and then when the game launched.

After game's launch:
Got matched up with him, he won. Fair enough.

Matched up with him again, I won. I adapted.

Matched again 2 or 3 days later. He has a 19 win streak. Freaking bodied him. He RQ'd.

Matched up again a few days later. No win streak. Bodied him again. He RQ'd.

Just got matched up with him again an hour ago in a CASUAL Match. He quit before the match loaded :D

Honestly I just pick another character. I think Ryu and Gief have a lot more tools than Necalli vs Chun.

Steroyd

Finally reached Ultra Bronze after beating a better (higher LP, anyway) Mika than mine, a silver Ryu and a Bison. Time to retire.

Real talk though does anyone else have more problems fighting scrubby Ken/Ryu players than high skill ones? You don't expect them to do stupid shit like wake-up SRK literally every single time but they do. Like, a good player you can condition to make certain reads, but some players just have no brains to condition I guess, and though I know I should just block and punish the scrubs, I keep trying to play them like they're smart and get blown up by dumb shit. I know that's on me but it sucks because those matches are no fun and just make me indulge in bad habits that I have to unlearn to fight better players.

Yes, Ryu's who keep jumping everywhere are the bane of my existance, I can beat them, but I'm always left with tiny bits of health and I get blown up by Ken's because I try to do wake up cannon spikes when Ken's heavy Shoyruken beats me everytime, and I keep thinking that he's going to mix it up eventually, but no press A to win.

The Hermit

Holy fucking shit, I must have had my laggiest match yet.

This is why I watch the intros holy shit, we both sat back for a while then we starting going at each other in what looks like everything catching up to itself in a single frame.

Please excuse my whiff at the end. still can't end that combo with a critical art online when I can do it fine in training. T_T.

thats hilarious

qcf x2

Watching TampaBison's stream calmed my nerves about Bison a bit. I still hate the character for all the braindead/auto safe pressure shit but at least he has a weakness (wakeup/dealing with pressure).

I played a couple battle lounge sets last night against a solid Gief. It was fun except when the supers came. I don't really like the "if you're in the vicinity, you lose" concept and the window/range for his air grab is too lenient but whatever. I have more of an issue with the hit box of his V-trigger. If I jump over him and he's still spinning facing the other way, I don't think I should be in danger of being hit.

So anyway, I then played a Nash. And right away I knew something was up, lol. I got bodied mechanically in the first round. I thought maybe it was just late night and/or the guy was a beast, but when i went neutral he started spazzing a bit. After I lost the FT2 I checked the replay and lol'd @ the inputs that were streaming in like code in the Matrix.

qcf x2

Oh my god. I fucking forgot about chip super and i didn't have any v-reversal lmao

damn i shouldn't have been that close

Speaking of V-reversal, a few days ago I had a Cammy - Bison match and I did a cr mk, against which he did a V-reversal. Thing is, I canceled into super. And his v-reversal of the cr mk stopped my super after the full startup animation.....

cwistofu

A basic question: if a 5f attack and a throw meet at the same time, which one wins? Will I get a counter hit with my Mika's mp, or will I get thrown like a chump?

Speaking of V-reversal, a few days ago I had a Cammy - Bison match and I did a cr mk, against which he did a V-reversal. Thing is, I canceled into super. And his v-reversal of the cr mk stopped my super after the full startup animation.....

Like most of her moves that aren't Cannon Spike, lots of things can and do stuff Cammy's super outright, or at best, trades with them if it catches her right. I've stuffed that shit on reaction with Laura's S. MP, the tip of her elbow caught the super right at Cammy's feet and beat it. I've done it about 3 times now. It's hilarious.

Ok fuck it, I can't go this long without playing.
I made a lounge with pass 619. Don't care if you are the worst or the best player, let's do a quick ft5 to scratch this itch before I go back to division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom