• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay is it the netcode or is it actually dropping frames mid game, as in frame drops? just now i had someone stunned, yeah big combo time..... nope mid combo it starts to feel sluggish for a second. and this isn't the first time it happened.

Shito

okay is it the netcode or is it actually dropping frames mid game, as in frame drops? just now i had someone stunned, yeah big combo time..... nope mid combo it starts to feel sluggish for a second. and this isn't the first time it happened.
This happens to me all the time in training mode (even with matchmaking set to off), but I've never had it happen to me during an online match yet.
I could swear I've had it once during a local versus match here at work, though.

Where did you read about that?

I have to imagine that they'll allow survival to unlock the colours for all of that characters' costumes though, especially since they don't give out fight money or exp when you beat it a second time. It seems like an oversight, as costumes technically aren't available yet.
They haven't really announced things officially, they just showed that you'd be able to buy color 11 on the shop AFAIK

Sayad

What do you do with the empty button presses? Just hammer on it all the time?
Mash it on wake up to make them think you're doing a reversal. They're also good when your opponent is fishing for whiff punish or buffering for super.

vg260

Mash it on wake up to make them think you're doing a reversal. They're also good when your opponent is fishing for whiff punish or buffering for super.

Can you explain what is meant by this? Any way to help cheese the survival AI is welcome.

edit: nvm found it a couple pages back

Does Sim's flame carpet go away as soon as he's hit? I saw a replay of a Sim getting V Reversed after his V Trigger was activated and it disappeared. Same as that gif above. Is it V Reversal specific? I haven't fought enough good Sim's who even use the trigger.
If you V-Reversal him right after the slide, it can disappear yes if a character's is fast enough. It's a fair downside if you're being transparent about it, since most opt for MK Slide into V-Trigger like, all the time.

Sim can't have everything

That's reserved for Chun-Li
He never was close to having everything anyways with his myriad of weaknesses.

zenpuff

Neo Member
Thanks everyone for the anti-Nash-kick tips. I figured anti-air would be the best option, but I kept messing it up so often I figured maybe there was something I was missing.

Nope, just my bad execution! Back to the lab.

Shito

google it. not hard to find at all. you probably can use it during online play, but that would be very scummy
From what I've understood, it desyncs you at the end of the round, because one client says the round is already over, while the other one has still plenty of life to go on.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Found a Gief with a 7 win streak, noticed he was playing pretty mediocre for the rank he had, went to finish him with CA on the 2nd round, ragequit.

Classic.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Borderless windowed mode:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/46b7ym/pc_enable_borderless_window_mode_for_sfv_by/

No vsync input lag, no tearing, and you can freely multitask without worrying about the idiotic alt-tab problem mucking up the game for your opponent. :D

I tried this via the .ini and it didn't seem to do anything, and when I did it via Steam launch options it did work but I got performance hiccups. Seems like a game that runs on current gen consoles shouldn't have an issue running on an i5 3750. Or could it be the GPU (970) that is the problem? Am I missing something obvious?

BlizzKrut

Banned
Found a Gief with a 7 win streak, noticed he was playing pretty mediocre for the rank he had, went to finish him with CA on the 2nd round, ragequit.

Classic.

Edit: Found him again, marioybuda, he won and even got division up, dirty piece of poop he is.

Edit 2: Oops, sorry about the double post, wrong button :/

tariniel

google it. not hard to find at all. you probably can use it during online play, but that would be very scummy

Nah I just want to use it offline for colors since survival is garbage. I don't even care about the FM or anything like that. I found a few links but most of the sites look kind of shady so I think I'll just pass on it anyways. Not worth the risk.

Edit: I found a discussion thread on reddit about a trainer and several people commented that said it worked OK for them. Might go for it. Am I allowed to link the reddit thread here for others?

emag

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/46b7ym/pc_enable_borderless_window_mode_for_sfv_by/

No vsync input lag, no tearing, and you can freely multitask without worrying about the idiotic alt-tab problem mucking up the game for your opponent. :D

Probably the best way to play if you've got a regular LCD monitor and can't tolerate screen tearing. You're still going to suffer triple-buffering input lag (not as bad as vsync input lag, though).

Yudoken

Now the only thing missing is to allow background inputs.

If you click out of the game (second monitor surfing/chatting/working or even gaming) the game will not input.

You have to click to the game again and it works fine here.

Now I have to decide between fullscreen 1440p downsampling or borderless 1080p.

Downsampling would win if i wouldn't do other stuff on the second monitor and a slight window switch minimizes the game and that's the reason why I don't do that often.

Games like MGS V are allowing background inputs.

If background inputs work with the game I can open Rocket League on the second monitor and we can both play simultaneously online!

I tried this via the .ini and it didn't seem to do anything, and when I did it via Steam launch options it did work but I got performance hiccups. Seems like a game that runs on current gen consoles shouldn't have an issue running on an i5 3750. Or could it be the GPU (970) that is the problem? Am I missing something obvious?

Nope, GTX 970 and your cpu are even ready for almost ultra/1440p.

I have a similar rig and it works fine here.

Just try to add ''-fullscreen -borderless'' in the launch options in steam for the game.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Probably the best way to play if you've got a regular LCD monitor and can't tolerate screen tearing. You're still going to suffer triple-buffering input lag (not as bad as vsync input lag, though).

Would it basically yield the same result if I disabled vsync via .ini and used D3D overrider for triple buffering?

Nope, GTX 970 and your cpu are even ready for almost ultra/1440p.

I have a similar rig and it works fine here.

Just try to add ''-fullscreen -borderless'' in the launch options in steam for the game.

I tried it that way but my performance was unstable, hence my question about power. I even quit all other apps (besides Steam, obviously).

jett

D-Member
Can you just unlock colors on the PC version trainer in one go or do you have to go through survival no matter what?

Yudoken

Would it basically yield the same result if I disabled vsync via .ini and used D3D overrider for triple buffering?

I tried it that way but my performance was unstable, hence my question about power. I even quit all other apps (besides Steam, obviously).

Try 3dmark Firestrike bench and post the results, maybe that will show something.
The demo is free and it's what everyone uses to check how their pc is performing.

CO_Andy

Can you just unlock colors on the PC version trainer in one go or do you have to go through survival no matter what?
still have to go through the gauntlet. hard survival is like 15 mins with the trainer.

feel sorry for anyone that has to put up with survival on console.

Ohnonono

Necalli stHK punishes Rashid's flying kick thingy. I should have known this already but in the scrubby super bronze world I live in it is a game changer.

Happened to me a lot playing as Nash online. i even try to do the easy combos and still they drop.

Necalli stHK punishes Rashid's flying kick thingy. I should have known this already but in the scrubby super bronze world I live in it is a game changer.

To us super bronze boys everything we learn is a game changer.

5 years from now when we're silver boys we'll be looking back on this and laughing.

Nope, that's full on Rage Quit. Sorry about that, man. Your cross-ups are great, though!

Thanks. I actually missed the cr.mp in the middle of those combos, but I got away with it.

you were about to get a perfect on him, definitely a rage quit.

is it bad to say that I don't blame him for it? Getting perfected is humiliating

I never even noticed the possible perfect. =o My attention to the hud is still lacking.

Xevren

Was able to beat hard survival with vega in one try, was pretty easy too. Take off claw, and just do cross up wall dives into cr mp, if it hits cancel into roll. If blocked cancel into dive again.

Hope to play some people from here tonight with my Karin if possible, tired of playing randoms.

Blew up another Vega in a mirror match so he 40002's his way out.

Guy did a random CA like it was going to work. Son. I'm playing the same character...I've seen all the stupid shenanigans and hail marys you can opt for. The last person it would work on is the person playing the same dude as you.

:/

Right into a Gief who has the balls to taunt me on round one because he won and stunned. Then proceeds to get completely shit rekt the next 2 rounds by me. I was going to perfect him with his sliver of health left, then he bails. Man I need to just stream all this shit so GAF can laugh.

I need some help here gaf. A buddy of mine is a ryu player and I'm a gief and we have been having a few fights over the past couple of nights. He is a decent player but not brilliant but I can't for the life of me take round off him. He is so aggressive he is on top of me so quickly. He seems to be able to hit me with his cross up at will. I can't seem to get any spd's off as he is just constantly jabbing and I can't see to be able to get a reversal.

Also this server issue where I'm still seeing someone else's name is doing my head in. I'm close to uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps

Also this server issue where I'm still seeing someone else's name is doing my head in. I'm close to uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps

Rather than uninstalling the game, you could try to backup and then remove your save game information, and then running the game again. Perhaps that could force this information to be retrieved anew from the server. The relevant files should be located in your 'Local' AppData folder under 'StreetFighterV'. The easiest way to find it is to run "%localappdata%" from the start menu (without quotes). That'll open the that folder directly.

However, there is of course a risk that you will lose information doing so, even if you make a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom