• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendX48

Super bronze regained!

I need to learn to anti air @_@

aside from Laura's HP bolt, which can miss pretty easily, what's a good anti air for Laura?

Sillution

Ok fuck it, I can't go this long without playing.
I made a lounge with pass 619. Don't care if you are the worst or the best player, let's do a quick ft5 to scratch this itch before I go back to division.

Im trying Necalli for the first time so im sorry if I dont know what im doing,

Super bronze regained!

aside from Laura's HP bolt, which can miss pretty easily, what's a good anti air for Laura?

qcf+hp, V-skill. She actually has pretty shit anti-airs. Sometimes it's best to just dash behind if you can or just block.

GGs man.

Id say you're starting to figure it out now haha. Hope you learned a few things.

I'm also super ashamed of how i played that last round but ill hold the perfect L for now.

Good games! It was hard to guess some of the mixups and I I tried a few things to punish the blocked elbow but it seemed like I couldn't. I'm up for some more games anytime.

Super bronze regained!

st.mp when they're on top of you, st.mk when they're jumping in from far away.

People like her HP bolt, but I much more prefer her st.mp and then v-skill forward into a cross-up mix up situation.

Super bronze regained!

I have no idea how anything works with her, but in general, I've found that distance plays a huge role in anti airs. What works on characters jumping in from afar won't work on someone jumping in from close range, so experiment and see what you come up with.

Until someone comes in here and gives you better info than my scrub ass did.

Good games! It was hard to guess some of the mixups and I I tried a few things to punish the blocked elbow but it seemed like I couldn't. I'm up for some more games anytime.

Sounds good. Your Rashid is really good, especially your pressure game when you got me in the corner with v-trigger.

Also, Laura's light elbow is -2 on block (+2 on hit) so you technically can't punish it, but stuff like jab/grab/etc. all work fairly well.

Palocca

qcf+hp, V-skill. She actually has pretty shit anti-airs. Sometimes it's best to just dash behind if you can or just block.

Yup, st. MP and st. MK can be somewhat unreliable depending on the opponent's jump lands because of how Laura inches slightly forward. So if you're looking for an anti-air that's right above Laura's head, you're pretty much out of luck. Better to dash under the jump at that point.

SlimXx

in general, I've found that distance plays a huge role in anti airs. What works on characters jumping in from afar won't work on someone jumping in from close range, so experiment and see what you come up with.

I wonder what it feels like to have that problem.

IeMKfvi.jpg

Sounds good. Your Rashid is really good, especially your pressure game when you got me in the corner with v-trigger.

Also, Laura's light elbow is -2 on block (+2 on hit) so you technically can't punish it, but stuff like jab/grab/etc. all work fairly well.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to keep it in mind for next time.

Man daigo does standing HK HK a lot

There's so much always crouching at my rank that shit never feels safe
He's Daigo. There's a lot of stuff he does in every game that is unusual and generally not a good idea, but he has the skill and wherewithal to do it anyway.

Rule of thumb: if Daigo does something that looks random, it probably isn't. It just looks like it is.

SlimXx

Birdy is quickly becoming my second most hated character right behind Chun. Pretty sure his normals are second only to Chun as well.

I'd be happy to play you if you want to work on the Birdie matchup, but if you're in Europe, I'm afraid the lag would shut down that idea. :/

Just remember people, that Birdie's f+HP is -7 on block (the move where he has one-hit armor at the beginning of it).

Most medium normals/fast specials will punish it.

Bluenoser

What is the best counter move for Ken's fierce DP? I mean yea you can block, but is there any way at all possible to counter it on wakeup? I just lost to a horrible Ken because I kept thinking I could get in the first hit and his DP got me every time. I didn't learn.

And while I'm at it, what is the best counter to vega's frustrating as fuck flying blade that comes down on top of you. DP doesn't seem to beat it- at least not light or strong. I guess you can block, but any way to straight up anti air it?

mbpm1

What is the best counter move for Ken's fierce DP? I mean yea you can block, but is there any way at all possible to counter it on wakeup? I just lost to a horrible Ken because I kept thinking I could get in the first hit and his DP got me every time. I didn't learn.

The counter is the punish you get when you block,
And while I'm at it, what is the best counter to vega's frustrating as fuck flying blade that comes down on top of you. DP doesn't seem to beat it- at least not light or strong. I guess you can block, but any way to straight up anti air it?

Jump away and hit him in the air. Or jump forward and hit him.

Shouta

You WANT to block it. You can get a crush counter combo off it and make him pay for tossing up the DP there.

Mupod

learn a good crush counter punish combo and make Ken rue the day he started throwing out random DPs. But the whole thing with DPs is you don't beat it, you punish it.

for vega's bullshit it depends on the character but as Bison I do jump back MP or crouching HP. If you start blocking he can throw you instead.

Bluenoser

The counter is the punish you get when you block,

Jump away and hit him in the air. Or jump forward and hit him.

Ok thanks. So just assume Ken will be doing DP on wakeup and block every time then.

learn a good crush counter punish combo and make Ken rue the day he started throwing out random DPs. But the whole thing with DPs is you don't beat it, you punish it.

for vega's bullshit it depends on the character but as Bison I do jump back MP or crouching HP. If you start blocking he can throw you instead.

Does Ryu have a CC combo?

robo_qwop

Not sure if anyone mentioned this re: rage quitters, but wouldn't the simplest solution be to include the disconnect rate next to connection quality bars when using the "ask" option in match making? Third strike online did this. Then just cancel any match with a dude with 80% disconnect?

mbpm1

Ok thanks. So just assume Ken will be doing DP on wakeup and block every time then.

Well everyone is different. You have to judge what your opponent likes to do.

Does Ryu have a CC combo?

St. hk > St. hk > St. lk > DP

Learn it, love it.

Hit them with the st. hk as they hit the ground or they will be sent flying away. The timing is a little tricky for a first time so you may want to practice but once you have it down it's easy.

Well everyone is different. You have to judge what your opponent likes to do.

Learn it, love it.

Hit them with the st. hk as they hit the ground or they will be sent flying away. The timing is a little tricky for a first time so you may want to practice but once you have it down it's easy.

This is the one I use most of the time as well. His max damage and stun combo actually involves him taking a step forward after CC st. HK and doing st. MP, cr. HP, HP SRK. But I'm to afraid of messing up the timing or holding forward and doing the overhead instead so I always just stick with the one you mentioned.

Bluenoser

This is the one I use most of the time as well. His max damage and stun combo actually involves him taking a step forward after CC st. HK and doing st. MP, cr. HP, HP SRK. But I'm to afraid of messing up the timing or holding forward and doing the overhead instead so I always just stick with the one you mentioned.

Just tested it and I got a couple different results. Is it 311 dmg, 511 stun? EDIT 511 with fierce DP, 297 with stong. Now I get it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is match-making extremely slow today for anyone else?

Learn it, love it.

Tip against Karins: she is considered crouching after her EX dp. I see a lot of people whiffing der standing CC on her.

Man watching daigo replays in cfn and to an untrained eye it seems like he is just pressing buttons. He don't give 0 fs lol. But obviously he knows what he is doing.

Bluenoser

Man watching daigo replays in cfn and to an untrained eye it seems like he is just pressing buttons. He don't give 0 fs lol. But obviously he knows what he is doing.

Is that his memememe handle or Daigobeastv? And how exactly do you watch a specific person's matches?

It'd be funny as hell if one day he just admitted that his ome-shoryus are just random shoryukens that get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom