• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tested it and I got a couple different results. Is it 311 dmg, 511 stun? EDIT 511 with fierce DP, 297 with stong. Now I get it.

The one I mentioned does 332 damage and 530 stun. I wouldn't say it's hard, it's just that the extra damage and stun you get out of it isn't worth possibly screwing up unless you're confident in nailing it almost all the time.

Is that his memememe handle or Daigobeastv? And how exactly do you watch a specific person's matches?

One way to do this is to access Rival Search, then input a CFN id. You can view the fighter's profile, and the rightmost tab should be a log of all matches, whether ranked, casual, or lounge battles. You can save whatever matches you want, then view them in your saved replays. Not sure how quickly stuff is updated though.

Bluenoser

The one I mentioned does 332 damage and 530 stun. I wouldn't say it's hard, it's just that the extra damage and stun you get out of it isn't worth possibly screwing up unless you're confident in nailing it almost all the time.

With EX? Can't get past 311 with fierce.

SephLuis

My luck is horrible today. Won most of my matches, but the ones I lost was from some bronze players that were actually pretty good.

Won lots of matches against gold players................in casuals. FFS.

Tularensis

Neo Member
I'm convinced that nobody reads the battle lounge comments. I set one up specifically asking for Chuns, and it's nothing but a hoard of rookie and bronze players with random characters that I have to keep kicking. I even played a few, hoping the Ryu/Laura/Birdie on their avatar just means they're training a second character, but no, they were really just another rookie Ryu/Laura/Birdie.

Seriously people, please read the battle lounge comments. If it's someone several leagues higher than you with a "seeking someone stronger than me" comment, don't join unless you actually know how to block on wake up. If there's a "Looking for a Necalli" message, please don't join looking to play with your day 3 Ken. I'm trying to level up here and having so sift through this stuff is really getting on my nerves.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes you drop two combos and miss two anti-airs to lose a game to someone with a much higher rank and you should probably stop for the day

SephLuis

I'm convinced that nobody reads the battle lounge comments. I set one up specifically asking for Chuns, and it's nothing but a hoard of rookie and bronze players with random characters that I have to keep kicking. I even played a few, hoping the Ryu/Laura/Birdie on their avatar just means they're training a second character, but no, they were really just another rookie Ryu/Laura/Birdie.

Seriously people, please read the battle lounge comments. If it's someone several leagues higher than you with a "seeking someone stronger than me" comment, don't join unless you actually know how to block on wake up. If there's a "Looking for a Necalli" message, please don't join looking to play with your day 3 Ken. I'm trying to level up here and having so sift through this stuff is really getting on my nerves.

I can play with you any other day if our connections don't lag too much.

I main Chun, but also have Karin and Mika as subs. Who do you play with ?

Man I always fatfinger that into overhead or target combo MP-HP.

I screw it up a lot in training mode. I accidentally overhead a lot, so I said screw it and use the easy mode CC combo instead.

Sometimes you drop two combos and miss two anti-airs to lose a game to someone with a much higher rank and you should probably stop for the day

Quit after a lost? Hell no, I'm playing till I have at least a 3 or 4 game win streak. Gotta feel good about myself just a little when I quit.

cwistofu

Has anyone fought voidsource? I think that's the name.

Pretty scrubby Rashid running away and throwing projectiles mixed in with random dive kicks. About 3300 LP.

Fairly certain I got lag switched cuz the connection was silky smooth until the moment I activate Nadeshiko in a combo, forcing me to drop it. Then lost to wakeup super because it apparently beats meaty crossups lol

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ok now this is officially f'd up lol

unbenanntg8qkq.jpg

Draw game

YES YES YES, I finally did it. I reached Gold, WOOOOOOOO. Ever since I hit Ultra Silver a few weeks ago I've done nothing but level up and down between Super and Ultra Silver. I've been playing for several hours 3-5 times a week and it always eluded me.

Admittedly me reaching it probably had more to do with the points trickling down instead of me just being good enough. Or else I would have done it a few weeks ago. But who cares, it feels good to finally get that over with. Enough ranked for now, the grind has taken a toll on me.

SephLuis

I play Ken exclusively for now. But if I can't crack open the Chun matchup I may have to learn Nash.

Ken has plenty of tools to go against Chun. I know because good Ken players give me a lot of trouble.

My ID is SephLuis if you want to play someday. I would also like some help against that match-up with all my characters.

Celcius

°Temp. member
YES YES YES, I finally did it. I reached Gold, WOOOOOOOO. Ever since I hit Ultra Silver a few weeks ago I've done nothing but level up and down between Super and Ultra Silver. I've been playing for several hours 3-5 times a week and it always eluded me.

Admittedly me reaching it probably had more to do with the points trickling down instead of me just being good enough. Or else I would have done it a few weeks ago. But who cares, it feels good to finally get that over with. Enough ranked for now, the grind has taken a toll on me.

Congrats man, I'm still trying to leave the bronze league lol

Sanctuary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYCW0Dfixv4 - Lag Showdown Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat vs. Skullgirls

I almost can't believe these numbers, I would really like another measurement. Has DisplayLag done anything with SFV yet?

I can believe them. I play against a throw happy player online regularly (who lives thirty miles away), and the only way I can possibly tech a throw is by guessing, and mashing tech. Whenever I try to react and tech, I get thrown 100% of the time.

I play the same person offline and I can react tech throw the majority of the time without fail. The game felt "smooth" online kind of, except with a ridiculous input lag.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I can believe them. I play against a throw happy player online regularly (who lives thirty miles away), and the only way I can possibly tech a throw is by guessing, and mashing tech. Whenever I try to react and tech, I get thrown 100% of the time.

I play the same person offline and I can react tech throw the majority of the time without fail. The game felt "smooth" online kind of, except with a ridiculous input lag.
That test has the same input lag results for offline and online...it's not really about the netcode

Sanctuary

That test has the same input lag results for offline and online...

Right, but there's also the network factor you know? It doesn't actually give low ping all of the time, regardless of where you live, and how good your internet service is. Plus, I play against this person on the PS4 locally, while I have it for PC. I just assumed all this time that it was just online shit, but it's not soley that at all.

Wow... what the fuck Capcom? Does this mean if I tweak the PC ver to disable vsync I'll get significantly less input lag?

No, not really. 16.6ms = 1 frame.

LegendX48

qcf+hp, V-skill. She actually has pretty shit anti-airs. Sometimes it's best to just dash behind if you can or just block.

Her qcf+hp is good but can whiff depending on the angle of the jump in

st.mp when they're on top of you, st.mk when they're jumping in from far away.

People like her HP bolt, but I much more prefer her st.mp and then v-skill forward into a cross-up mix up situation.

I like to use her hp bolt but it isn't good for certain situations. Never really used her standing mp or mk though, gotta give that a go, that and using her v-skill to dash under could come in handy

S. MP, S. MK. Both are alla bout the right angles tho.
I'll give those a go

I have no idea how anything works with her, but in general, I've found that distance plays a huge role in anti airs. What works on characters jumping in from afar won't work on someone jumping in from close range, so experiment and see what you come up with.

Until someone comes in here and gives you better info than my scrub ass did.

yeah, that's when I noticed hp bolt only works sometimes. Gonna try her standing mp/mk depending on the situation next time I'm on, that and/or dashing underneath them.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Right, but there's also the network factor you know? It doesn't actually give low ping all of the time, regardless of where you live, and how good your internet service is. Plus, I play against this person on the PS4 locally, while I have it for PC. I just assumed all this time that it was just online shit, but it's not soley that at all.

No, not really. 16.6ms = 1 frame.
Dude, watch the video. They even test different lag setups.

Sanctuary

Dude, watch the video. They even test different lag setups.

What is it that you aren't understanding? Are you suggesting that playing online is just like playing offline? Guess what? It's not.

I watched the video twice, before posting here. I also must have missed the part where he did the same test with the PS4.

Baleoce

That was weird. Played one round of a casual match against a Cammy. Was getting my ass handed to me. But turned it around to take the first round. And then for the second round they just did nothing but hold back and go into the corner throwing out the occasional spiral arrow lol

Sanctuary

I'm saying the input lag is the same, yes

There's game input lag, and then there's network lag. He also used 1ms for network where both players are on fiber and have the same provider, which is completely unrealistic for most people. With this unrealistic setup, he says that the input lag is an additional 33ms from just playing online compared to local. That's a best case scenario. The average "good" ping for most people sits around 80ms or lower usually.

So no, it's not the same. Unless you're one of those people that think 1+1 = 1.

ElFly

Goddamnit why the fuck did Capcom take out the option of assigning L3 and R3 to stuff

My FC4 has an option to assign R3 and L3 to actual buttons but it is useless here

It was possible in the first beta! what the actual fuck

There's game input lag, and then there's network lag. He also used 1ms for network where both players are on fiber and have the same provider, which is completely unrealistic for most people. With this unrealistic setup, he says that the input lag is an additional 33ms from just playing online compared to local. That's a best case scenario. The average "good" ping for most people sits around 80ms or lower usually.

The point of the rollback is to eliminate the input delay actually.

so instead of input delay you get jerkiness/teleporting.

on ggpo for instance, its possible to have 0 input delay no mater how laggy.

Baleoce

Goddamnit why the fuck did Capcom take out the option of assigning L3 and R3 to stuff

My FC4 has an option to assign R3 and L3 to actual buttons but it is useless here

It was possible in the first beta! what the actual fuck

I have *exactly* the same gripe for exactly the same reason. It's really annoying.

Moaradin

Yeah I wish he did an average over multiple online games in a realistic scenario. The moment I saw that MKX had less input delay online than SF5 I knew something was off.

ElFly

are you guys on ps4? ps4 allows remaps

That's not the issue; if we had R3 and L3 available we'd have ten different buttons to assign stuff to, instead of just eight. even with remapping I only have 8 buttons

That said, taunt should have been R3 or L3 instead of, you know, ALL SIX BUTTONS

Sanctuary

The point of the rollback is to eliminate the input delay actually.

so instead of input delay you get jerkiness/teleporting.

on ggpo for instance, its possible to have 0 input delay no mater how laggy.

It doesn't start teleporting only when there's input lag. It starts doing the rollbacks when it gets really bad, or one player is desyncing all of the time from the other. The video even shows that in a best case scenario, an additional 33ms is added from playing online.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Wow... what the fuck Capcom? Does this mean if I tweak the PC ver to disable vsync I'll get significantly less input lag? Why is it so much higher than the other games in the first place?

I'm not really a stickler for that kind of thing, but when I disabled vsync I could feel the difference immediately. Give it a try and see if you can feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom