• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnesD3

God I wish I had someone offline to teach me how to become a good player, was at one point at 3000 points now I'm at 2300. My reactions and meaty timings with Mika online are so bad. I feel like I'm falling into the autopilot chair :S

Xeteh

That's not the issue; if we had R3 and L3 available we'd have ten different buttons to assign stuff to, instead of just eight. even with remapping I only have 8 buttons

That said, taunt should have been R3 or L3 instead of, you know, ALL SIX BUTTONS

If you still have all 3 Punch/Kicks bound to something you just have to press those to taunt. So with the default controls its L1+L2.

ElFly

If you still have all 3 Punch/Kicks bound to something you just have to press those to taunt. So with the default controls its L1+L2.

I get lariats and grabs half the time tho

Which is great! I mean, I'd rather the game give priority to Lariats and grabsm but the point is taunt should just have been a single button, and that button could easily have been L3

Baleoce

I disabled vsync in both engine.ini files, and made the one in AppData read only. But now I'm noticing some slowdown during visual effects like EX's, V-Trigger activations and Critical Arts. Any workarounds?

cackhyena

I disabled vsync in both engine.ini files, and made the one in AppData read only. But now I'm noticing some slowdown during visual effects like EX's, V-Trigger activations and Critical Arts. Any workarounds?
? I thought you were only supposed to disable in the duped ini file and make it read only.

Baleoce

? I thought you were only supposed to disable in the duped ini file and make it read only.

Doesn't seem to matter. Because the other one changed back to =1 anyway. So yeah, in effect I've only changed the read only one in AppData. Gonna try logging on again and see if it is still doing it.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Yeah, you only have to do it in the AppData one. You are correct to make it read only. I don't know if what you did is what's causing the performance problems but I can tell you I don't experience them with vsync off.

The one in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini

Add this :

[SystemSettings]
r.VSync=0

and save and make it read only and you're done.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There's game input lag, and then there's network lag. He also used 1ms for network where both players are on fiber and have the same provider, which is completely unrealistic for most people. With this unrealistic setup, he says that the input lag is an additional 33ms from just playing online compared to local. That's a best case scenario. The average "good" ping for most people sits around 80ms or lower usually.

So no, it's not the same. Unless you're one of those people that think 1+1 = 1.
You seem to think network lag just adds to input lag? That's not how it works, especially here with rollback netcode. It should stay the same no matter the latency.

There's actually no difference between local and online with v-sync on which makes me wonder if they have a set frame delay even offline and turning v-sync off somehow messes with that.

BiggNife

I've been getting frustrated lately because Vega is the only character I can play at all but it feels like his lack of AA is screwing me over constantly and I'm not sure how to compensate for it. Crouching HP really isn't great, EX Barcelona is better as a combo ender, and the light roll basically only works as AA if you have lightning fast reflexes. Which I don't.

I thought maybe switching Chun Li would give me better results but I've gotten completely destroyed as her. I honestly like Vega a lot, it just feels like I'm hitting a wall and I'm not sure how to get past it.

Baleoce

Yeah, you only have to do it in the AppData one. You are correct to make it read only. I don't know if what you did is what's causing the performance problems but I can tell you I don't experience them with vsync off.

Yeah the other file changed back to its default config by itself. Logged back on just now, and it's not doing the same slowdown it was doing before.

sixghost

I've been getting frustrated lately because Vega is the only character I can play at all but it feels like his lack of AA is screwing me over constantly and I'm not sure how to compensate for it. Crouching HP really isn't great, EX Barcelona is better as a combo ender, and the light roll basically only works as AA if you have lightning fast reflexes. Which I don't.

I thought maybe switching Chun Li would give me better results but I've gotten completely destroyed as her. I honestly like Vega a lot, it just feels like I'm hitting a wall and I'm not sure how to get past it.
Someone in this thread suggested neutral jump/jump back jab and air throw when I asked this a few days ago. I was really skeptical, especially because my reactions are crap, but the air grab has worked shockingly well. It's probably something the opponent can adjust to eventually, but no one expects that shit at 1k-2kish. I've had multiple matches where I grab them out of their first two jumps, then they barely ever try it again for the rest of the match. It helps to rest your thumb across the lp/lk buttons when you're in the normal jump range.

Doing this has changed the flow of my Vega matches considerably. Before it just felt like a matter of time before the other guy realized I couldn't anti-air shit, and he would just destroy me with jump ins with throws mixed in.

Bob White

Reason I stopped using him. I said it before and I'll say it again, this game needs more horizontal buttons. Hopefully Ibuki has her close hardkick from SF4 as a command normal when she comes out.

Cammy's back medium punch is the only reason I stick with her. Having such a clutch, reliable, easy to do AA that results in a cross under 50/50 is just too good in a game as fast as this one.

ElTopo

Banned
I guess dudes received a memo because it's been nothing but Nash and Laura tonight. Laggy Nash and Laura's at that.

The one in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini

Add this :

[SystemSettings]
r.VSync=0

I can't find this file. When I go to AppData all I see is Microsoft and Temp.

Mika's MP rope grab in the middle of the screen is broken.

Stop whining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiZMWZF8kA

Been watching *Battle (non) sense* Channel for a while his work is spot on, this is all real and very pathetic by Capcom..

I find his observations here really odd.

Maybe it's just me, but I like to think I can feel 100 ms of input lag. I'm the type of person that complains about input lag everywhere (most recently, in the division beta) but for me, SFV feels super responsive. Much more so than any game Netherrealm have ever produced.

But with PC it's hard to tell... specific hardware, monitor, software confounds... it's not as if every system is the same. Even with the exact same hardware, two players would have their computers juggling different background processes, so two people would often get different experiences, especially on variables that are usually pretty sensitive, like input delay.

Either way, I haven't seen pros or anyone else complain so far, about how the game feels to play, and I personally I think it feels very responsive.

jediyoshi

Turning off vsync is giving me pretty nutty microstuttering. Runs at 1080p high windowed normally, thinking I might just swap back

fchamp v floe is go on stream

jett

D-Member

Add this :

[SystemSettings]
r.VSync=0

Aight I did that but my framerate went to shit, just ugly, whether I'm full screen or windowed. Also noticed I get framedrops while windowed with vsync on. Oh well.

Turning off vsync is giving me pretty nutty microstuttering. Runs at 1080p high windowed normally, thinking I might just swap back

fchamp v floe is go on stream

It's insufferable.

BiggNife

Someone in this thread suggested neutral jump/jump back jab and air throw when I asked this a few days ago. I was really skeptical, especially because my reactions are crap, but the air grab has worked shockingly well. It's probably something the opponent can adjust to eventually, but no one expects that shit at 1k-2kish. I've had multiple matches where I grab them out of their first two jumps, then they barely ever try it again for the rest of the match. It helps to rest your thumb across the lp/lk buttons when you're in the normal jump range.

Doing this has changed the flow of my Vega matches considerably. Before it just felt like a matter of time before the other guy realized I couldn't anti-air shit, and he would just destroy me with jump ins with throws mixed in.

Thanks, I'll try that. I really haven't been using his air jump that often and I'm aware it's something I need to take advantage of.

remz

Need pre release mika back with forwards/backwards sliding st.mk, backdash wallbounce and armor from frame 0 on ex peach

mbpm1

I killed a cammy with just ryus st. hp. :O

Beat her divekicks. Put up a forcefield stopping her spiral arrows. Stopped her normal jumps. What is this

SupaNaab

I guess I'm curious if those experiencing issues after turning V-sync on are nvidia users? My understanding is that your nvidia profile/control panel sort-to-speak also applies v-sync by default and perhaps that is why your issues persist.

FYI I have an ATI card and I noticed a change after turning v-sync off. Previously I thought my sticks were wearing out somehow or that the online DRM was affecting my gameplay. After turning off V-sync, my jumps feel much more responsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom