• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

I really need to get better punishing with light attacks. Seems especially important in this game and it's always been one of my weaker areas. I don't feel confident canceling to specials from lights.

Edzi

FLUUUUUUUUUX

How do I stop you from getting in? It's so freeeee

This character feels so cheap against Necalli man, I'm losing it over here. -__-

FluxWaveZ

FLUUUUUUUUUX

How do I stop you from getting in? It's so freeeee

This character feels so cheap against Necalli man, I'm losing it over here. -__-

As Necalli, I bet the game against Mika is less about keeping her completely away and more about keeping her at mid-range.

Edzi

As Necalli, I bet the game against Mika is less about keeping her away and more about keeping her at mid-range.

I can't really deal with the jumps and the crouching heavies. I know they're supposed to be punishable, but they just seem like a get in for free move at the moment. Then there's obviously the issue of Nadeshiko... Just sorta feels like her normals outrange mine too.

The other thing I'm noticing is that a lot of her moves drastically change her hit box. I've missed you multiple times in an air to air because of that belly flop move.

I dunno, it just seems like a needlessly frustrating matchup. He doesn't really seem to have a good way of keeping her out, so it's just constant guessing games which isn't really fun. I guess what's really frustrating is that even though I was doing okay during some matches, it doesn't really feel like I'm learning much.

I have the same problem with her as I do with Laura, just feels like she gets in too easily and then the whole match is a guessing game from there.

EDIT: That being said, your Mika is god like and you're clearly amazing at this game. I don't wanna sound TOO salty. lol

Edzi

Sorry I couldn't finish the set Flux, had to go. GGs! I've gotta play you again after I get some more practice with my execution, since I kept throwing out those stupid charge moves on accident.

FluxWaveZ

I dunno, it just seems like a needlessly frustrating matchup. He doesn't really seem to have a good way of keeping her out, so it's just constant guessing games which isn't really fun. I guess what's really frustrating is that even though I was doing okay during some matches, it doesn't really feel like I'm learning much.

I have the same problem with her as I do with Laura, just feels like she gets in too easily and then the whole match is a guessing game from there.

EDIT: That being said, your Mika is god like and you're clearly amazing at this game. I don't wanna sound TOO salty. lol

GGs.

It's not so much a guessing game, as it is really being about trying to be one step ahead of one's opponent. High risk, high reward, I suppose. As much as it is hard for the opponent to see what comes next, it's as hard for the Mika to correctly predict what comes next. I think it might be something like this: Mika is to mind games as Karin is to fundamentals.

Sorry I couldn't finish the set Flux, had to go. GGs! I've gotta play you again after I get some more practice with my execution, since I kept throwing out those stupid charge moves on accident.

Oh, I don't think I even realized we hadn't finished the set yet. No matter, it's fine.

Edzi

GGs.

It's not so much a guessing game, as it is really being about trying to be one step ahead of one's opponent. High risk, high reward, I suppose. As much as it is hard for the opponent to see what comes next, it's as hard for the Mika to correctly predict what comes next. I think it might be something like this: Mika is to mind games as Karin is to fundamentals.

Oh, I don't think I even realized we hadn't finished the set yet. No matter, it's fine.

Sounds about right. Still, she's completely terrifying in the right hands in a way that Karin can't even come close to being. But maybe I just haven't played many good Karin's, since you were by far the best Mika I've ever played. Pretty sure you're the first one to actually utilize her belly flop too.

I also still think that Irish whip wall bounce needs to be nerfed to not work from the middle of the stage.

Zackat

Got back to Ultra Bronze with a perfect crush counter combo to finish the match. Now I can go to bed with pH levels normal.

//ARCANUM

I've lost my way down to zero LP and the game keeps matching me against opponent after opponent just under 500 LP. I'm like a guaranteed league bump for everyone.

//ARCANUM

I've seriously lost probably the past 10 matches I've played. And I'm at 0 LP so it's not like I can go any lower in the ranks. This game just keeps putting me against fantastic players. For comparison I can hold my own pretty well in Mortal Kombat X. But in this I feel like I'm just wasting my time. Feels impossible. I'm using a stick, holding it correctly, done lots of training. Combos, special moves 10x each direction in a row, all that. Can't beat *anyone*. :(

I've never played a game that punishes noobs this much. There has to be other weak players out there that it can match me against instead of consistently matching me against 490LP players.

I've seriously lost probably the past 10 matches I've played. And I'm at 0 LP so it's not like I can go any lower in the ranks. This game just keeps putting me against fantastic players. For comparison I can hold my own pretty well in Mortal Kombat X. But in this I feel like I'm just wasting my time. Feels impossible. I'm using a stick, holding it correctly, done lots of training. Combos, special moves 10x each direction in a row, all that. Can't beat *anyone*. :(

I've never played a game that punishes noobs this much. There has to be other weak players out there that it can match me against instead of consistently matching me against 490LP players.

Any replays for us to comment on? Who do you use?

Zackat

Keep doin that work. Just focus on anti airing those fools that jump on ya for now. Make them feel like it would be stupid if they jumped. Then watch them panic. Then punish them with your combos you practiced after you block them being stupid. Street fighter.

Vex_

Banned
Got back to Ultra Bronze with a perfect crush counter combo to finish the match. Now I can go to bed with pH levels normal.

Love it when that happens. I ended a round with a PUNISH to vega's slide with St.mp, st.HP, vtrigger, St.HP xx spiral arrow, canon spike (I think that was the optimal combo w/o meter anyway). Scaling murders the damage on this combo tho. But it killed him.

It felt good becuase I was practicing it a little earlier that day and I had it down to a point where I could just bust it out on reaction.

Palom

Jesus christ this matchmaking is so awful. I'm struggling in Ultra Bronze, so what do they pair me up with? Super Gold! God damn, that shit isn't even close to fair, I don't even learn anything from it.

Zackat

Jesus christ this matchmaking is so awful. I'm struggling in Ultra Bronze, so what do they pair me up with? Super Gold! God damn, that shit isn't even close to fair, I don't even learn anything from it.

You can learn a lot about spacing. Where you shouldn't be before they start the ass whooping. What you could have done to get either closer or further back safely. It's a start, but you learn something.

Also what buttons and moves were they using? Go in the lab and figure out how to blow them up.

Vex_

Banned

I wonder why this happens???

My guess is this keeps happening because it sorts potential matches by ping first, and then by LP(rank). At 3 am est 12am pst, there probably just arent many ultra bronze on (in NA anyways).

Not bad i guess... I would rather have a better connection to my opponent, than get matched by someone of similar skill level.

Spman2099

MKX is a VERY different fighting game. It doesn't have the same sort of focus on honest, clean fundamentals. You are learning a completely different type of game. Give yourself some time.

Uraizen

Banned
Legit question for those who own the PC version. Since day 1 I have had nothing but rollback hell in ranked, casual, and battle league. It doesn't matter what time of day or who. The bars don't mean a damned thing. There's nothing scanning the executable as its running. Whenever I'm playing battle league I asked if the other person is getting rollback and they say "no." It is only this game that does this. My connection is good with almost no jitter and 0% packet loss. I am also wired, no wireless at all.

Has anybody encountered the same issue and managed to fix it? I've tried everything I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom