• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

It's a 7 frame attack and it can be blocked. It's not a "grab"...more of a combo into thing.

That's not a slow move; I know it is not a grab, but it is still a decent move with huge rewards. Besides, it connects from max distance; not a lot of people have that kind of tool. If they can get to big damage from a MK/MP it has to be closer and it is riskier. It'd be ok if it was just on the corner, as it was originally.

Zackat

Just tilted and dropped from almost silver back to super bronze. I lost times when I shouldn't have when I looked at my replays. Tilted as fuck and should have stopped playing.

Salt

Gbraga

Wow... what the fuck Capcom? Does this mean if I tweak the PC ver to disable vsync I'll get significantly less input lag? Why is it so much higher than the other games in the first place?

That's true for every game ever.

I always play Ultra with vsync off as well.

Edzi

Quick question about training, but if I set the dummy to block the first attack only and then they block my strings, does that mean they're true block strings?

I can. CFN is FluxWaveZ.

Edit: Should I host, or will you?

You should host, my lounges don't work. :(

Its hard to beat Dhalsim using Ryu. Any tips?
The fundamental gameplan from this carry over to any character:

Counter-poking and whiff punishing are two (of several) crucial pillars in your strategy against any half-decent Dhalsim:

rebkpx.gif

These are not Mika's only options, but treat it like an exaggerated form of footsies. Playing the grounded game is also important against a Dhalsim with a knack for anti-airing, especially as a character oriented around command grabs, because his ability to control the air space (be it on the ground or via V-Skill) is potent in Street Fighter V. Jumping willy-nilly does nothing but remove options on how to approach him, so do it in a timely manner as a mix-up once you conditioned him during the neutral game. Patiently walking forward, as well as timely dashes when he throws a non-EX fireball, will suffice in working him towards the corner without expending your own meter where his options (universal of a rule this may be) are severely limited. Practice jabbing his instant-air teleports on-reaction, because doing so successfully means he puts himself in a 50/50 without any prior set-ups. Especially now that even reversal teleports can be grabbed during its start-up frames. Other normals are also plenty fast to achieve the same result, but jab is the safest until you're more comfortable with this. Slides and drills are mad unsafe without near-perfect spacing, sometimes even on-hit, so be mindful of this glaring vulnerability.

Lastly, multiple characters can do the following so examine if Mika's is fast enough for this too:

fkjrgw.gif

If you still need more information about Dhalsim, I've written an extensive post over in the Newbie thread detailing his strengths and weaknesses to help clear up any confusion.
Here's an older video I uploaded against an okay Ryu as well, for what it's worth.

FluxWaveZ

Flux, your Mika feels like the cheapest most random thing ever, and I mean that as a compliment.

Ha, well I'll take it as one. I still have a lot of work to do on my defense; the lack of it makes me an easy target too often.

Gotta work on being more unpredictable too, actually. A lot of what I do is too telegraphed.

Edzi

Ha, well I'll take it as one. I still have a lot of work to do on my defense; the lack of it makes me an easy target too often.

I'm trying to figure out what buttons I can use to keep you out, since you seem to have no problem getting right in my face.

Her crouching heavies seem insanely safe.

Also, I'm letting you get away with hopping around like a kangaroo. -_-

ElFly

I dunno why I am convinced that Zangief's V-Trigger is an anti air.

I've lost so many times while doing the stupid spin because the opponent just jumped in on me.

On the other side, the move is kind of fraudulent, in that I also missed a person doing a crossup; it went to the other side cleanly and could hit me with ease.

Things I can punish with the V-Trigger: Ryu's shinkuu tatsumakisenpukyaku

Things I cannot punish with it: Ryu's regular ass tatsumakisenpukyaku

Vex_

Banned
Did you know?

That chun Li's neutral j.HK hits ON TOP of her too as well as the sides(although it shouldn't).

Now you know. Happened to me yesterday. Forgot to come here and complain about it.

Jarekx

Man, I was playing against a Karin and had a pretty cool finish. Parried both hits of Rassenha into DP xx CA. Of course, they ragequit before I won but I was feeling so good I didn't care.

Edgeward

I'm trying to figure out what buttons I can use to keep you out, since you seem to have no problem getting right in my face.

Her crouching heavies seem insanely safe.

Also, I'm letting you get away with hopping around like a kangaroo. -_-

cr HP is safe only from max distance otherwise it's -5

And of course her slide terrible, other than whiff punishing Gief's stand HP

Edzi

cr HP is safe only from max distance otherwise it's -5

And of course her slide terrible, other than whiff punishing Gief's stand HP

Either Flux is hitting it from max distance every single time then, or I suck at punishing. Probably the latter. Seems like she recovers from a whiff pretty fast too.

Edgeward

The animation is pretty deceptive because the hit occurs before the roll stops so I can see why people have trouble with punishing it.

FluxWaveZ

Either Flux is hitting it from max distance every single time then, or I suck at punishing. Probably the latter. Seems like she recovers from a whiff pretty fast too.

Sorry, had to go afk near the end of that last one.

That disconnect was weird too. SFV servers for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom