• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was eye opening. Never fought a good Vega before, nice frame traps/light anti airs/everything.

I seemling wanted to air to air you every jump in and was way to late..Must be because I played Karin (and im garbage)
I feel like I wasted your time but little do you know I'ma steal all that tech.

GGs

Well that was eye opening. Never fought a good Vega before, nice frame traps/light anti airs/everything.

I seemling wanted to air to air you every jump in and was way to late..Must be because I played Karin (and im garbage)
I feel like I wasted your time but little do you know I'ma steal all that tech.

GGs

u didn't waste my time, i need all the practice i can get against players i've never met before (goin to final round this weekend)

for anti air w/ nash, u have an all purpose w/ cr. mp

Spman2099

Didn't save anything :/ I've mainly been using Mika. But get my ass handed equally with Ryu too.

I play Mika. I could maybe show you some stuff if you wanna play a few rounds. That being said, I am on the other side of the world. So, the connection may end up being a little dicey... Let me know.

//ARCANUM

I play Mika. I could maybe show you some stuff if you wanna play a few rounds. That being said, I am on the other side of the world. So, the connection may end up being a little dicey... Let me know.

Oh cool! Thank you! I'll try and take you up on that sometime!

All of your matches are automatically saved to your profile. You could give us your CFN ID and we could check any of your completed Ranked matches.

My CFN ID is Arkanum

I've seriously lost probably the past 10 matches I've played. And I'm at 0 LP so it's not like I can go any lower in the ranks. This game just keeps putting me against fantastic players. For comparison I can hold my own pretty well in Mortal Kombat X. But in this I feel like I'm just wasting my time. Feels impossible. I'm using a stick, holding it correctly, done lots of training. Combos, special moves 10x each direction in a row, all that. Can't beat *anyone*. :(

I've never played a game that punishes noobs this much. There has to be other weak players out there that it can match me against instead of consistently matching me against 490LP players.

This is a fear Ive had myself. Because this game hasnt attracted enough casuals, I will probably get smashed too, when I eventually buy it (when more content shows up). I can only hope other casuals will also pick it up, once the new content comes along.

KingBroly

Banned
Finally was able to do Cammy's cr.LP > sb.MP xx HK

Was able to do a H Arrow afterwards, but I dunno what I else I can do. Probably H Spike but maybe not much else

Renekton

This is a fear Ive had myself. Because this game hasnt attracted enough casuals, I will probably get smashed too, when I eventually buy it (when more content shows up). I can only hope other casuals will also pick it up, once the new content comes along.
Ya there are major skill tier mismatches atm due to playerbase numbers. It doesn't help that many PS4 players probably blocked PC.

Finally was able to do Cammy's cr.LP > sb.MP xx HK

Was able to do a H Arrow afterwards, but I dunno what I else I can do. Probably H Spike but maybe not much else

cr.LP>b.MPxxst.HKxxEXHoliganCannonStrike works. (You got to do it fast)
You can get a stLP air juggle into a cross under.

cr.LP>b.MPxxst.HKxxmk.Spiral Arrow does the most damage.

I don't think Cammy can jab reset after TC into EX hooligan spike, there's not enough juggle left, you can only get a DP for the damage or go for the hooligan grab for slightly better positioning though I don't think that's worth it.

Usually midscreen I go for lk arrow after TC, since if you hold up forward after you get a cross up j.lk on quick rise that also hits back tech (which I think is also a safe jump in that case.) In corner you can dash up meaty after hk dp so I use that instead for the damage.

I don't think Cammy can jab reset after TC into EX hooligan spike, there's not enough juggle left, you can only get a DP for the damage or go for the hooligan grab for slightly better positioning though I don't think that's worth it.

Usually midscreen I go for lk arrow after TC, since if you hold up forward after you get a cross up j.lk on quick rise that also hits back tech (which I think is also a safe jump in that case.) In corner you can dash up meaty after hk dp so I use that instead for the damage.

keep in mind though that the forward jump lk after lk arrow loses to 3 frame dp, but it's safe jump vs 4 frame dp or more.

I've seriously lost probably the past 10 matches I've played. And I'm at 0 LP so it's not like I can go any lower in the ranks. This game just keeps putting me against fantastic players. For comparison I can hold my own pretty well in Mortal Kombat X. But in this I feel like I'm just wasting my time. Feels impossible. I'm using a stick, holding it correctly, done lots of training. Combos, special moves 10x each direction in a row, all that. Can't beat *anyone*. :(

I've never played a game that punishes noobs this much. There has to be other weak players out there that it can match me against instead of consistently matching me against 490LP players.

That sounds annoying, but stick with it.
Want to do some training matches sometime?

Sigmaah

Was able to beat hard survival with vega in one try, was pretty easy too. Take off claw, and just do cross up wall dives into cr mp, if it hits cancel into roll. If blocked cancel into dive again.

Hope to play some people from here tonight with my Karin if possible, tired of playing randoms.

Word Ima try this method rn, I want my vega colors badly.

Hex

Banned
Pliz guys, is alpha stick ok on pc post madcatz patch?

One ironic issue with Mad Catz’ latest crop of Street Fighter branded products is that a few don’t work with Street Fighter V on PC. This is due to the game’s lack of support for DirectInput controllers, such as those developed for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

To address this problem ahead of an official Street Fighter V patch, the manufacturers have released a new set of drivers for the Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 2+, Tournament Edition S+, and FightPad PRO. These will identify the controllers as XInput devices, making them compatible with Street Fighter V on PC.

These are the ones confirmed to work with the new software

Combos are such a small part of the game in the grand scheme of things. Knowing what button to press, and why you're pressing it, in the neutral is far more important.

490 LP is your ranking bracket. The people you're losing to aren't great players by any stretch of the imagination, unless you missed a zero.

Try and find someone to help you improve. Someone that will fight you and explain what you're doing wrong, and what you should be doing instead etc. allowing you to improve your game by abusing your weaknesses thereby forcing you to adapt (e.g. if you're not anti-airing, jumping at you until you figure out what button you should be pressing to beat that option).

KingBroly

Banned
What sucks about fighting games for me is that when I'm playing against other people the game goes by so fast that I can't think. But when I'm watching it's slow motion.

What sucks about fighting games for me is that when I'm playing against other people the game goes by so fast that I can't think. But when I'm watching it's slow motion.

Just got to play real people lots, something I am not good at (due to time and other games).

A friend of mine once spent the entire summer training Marvel combos only to get blown up by me, without any fancy combos because he hadn't learnt anything about the neutral game and didn't know how to initiate everything he had learnt while his opponent was moving.

Just got to play real people lots, something I am not good at (due to time and other games).

A friend of mine once spent the entire summer training Marvel combos only to get blown up by me, without any fancy combos because he hadn't learnt anything about the neutral game and didn't know how to initiate everything he had learnt while his opponent was moving.

I think people who started with SF2 have a big advantage in this regard.

I think people who started with SF2 have a big advantage in this regard.

I agree, I didn't start then but I think I understand and fit better with that style of game (as opposed to SF4s where mechanics like option selects and backdash invulnerability remove the tactical decision making aspects that some outcomes of the neutral create).

Additionally, a lot of people just see themselves getting hit by things and consider what they did in the moment (e.g. pressed a button after wakeup) but they don't think about what placed them into that situation in the first place (as in, losing the neutral game).

Xhorder

A bit late to the game, but yesterday I turned off v-sync (instructions here) and I noticed the difference immediately. Wow, it's kind of a revelation how much more responsive and better the game feels right now. I do see a little screen-tearing during Ryu's CA, but nothing annoying so far.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The amount of people alt+tabbing in ranked is a joke :(
Yeah and I'm always questioning if it's actually that, but it happens all the time after I win a round now. This might actually be worse than rage quitting, since it's much harder to proof and more subtle.

A bit late to the game, but yesterday I turned off v-sync (instructions here) and I noticed the difference immediately. Wow, it's kind of a revelation how much more responsive and better the game feels right now. I do see a little screen-tearing during Ryu's CA, but nothing annoying so far.

I turn off vsync for everything, feels like im ice skating when i use it.

Gbraga

It would be nice to see some input lag tests with the in-game options as well. In Xrd, different AA methods result in different input lag amounts.

The majority of my enjoyment in SF comes from playing friends. Battle Lounges have been broken since the latest update for me and Capcom have gone completely quiet. Game is a paperweight to me now.

Oh, jeez. My damn net went out right as I caught an L from a very good Ken, and I was afraid he'd thought I'd RQ'd.

Luckily when I got back on it looked like my win streak was gone, so I hope he got his points. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom