• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

The majority of my enjoyment in SF comes from playing friends. Battle Lounges have been broken since the latest update for me and Capcom have gone completely quiet. Game is a paperweight to me now.

That's the real major flaw with the game, imo. I'm ok with the whole tournament edition/early access thing, but releasing your game lacking in single player content to focus on online, and online doesn't even work properly? That's fucked up.

CdnUwTxWoAAAByJ.jpg:large

Yudoken

more exploits for PC players

really starting to see the use of that platform filter now tbh

Capcom's fault 100%

I mean this is expected, this was implemented in IV and for a good reasons.

Every decent online game has a punishment system for quitters, why not in V too which is build to play mainly online?

I love the game but god I hate that it's pushed out so early, it's so unfinished it's not even funny.

Edit:
I know Garrett is kinda joking but this is really upsetting that Capcom couldn't figure out that pc loading (starting the game) is very low and people can easily alt+F4 out of the game (which I mentioned and explained why this very likely will be abused by some scums on pc more than on console).

Celcius

°Temp. member
I hope all these exploits and trainers on PC don't mess things up for those of us who did everything legit, including survival mode. I'm hoping Capcom doesn't raise fight money prices on the store or starts making certain things purchasable with zenny only.

Maybe I don't get it, but alt - F4 closes the game... So yeah... try canceling a dragon punch into that and see what happens.

He's joking about rage quitters, therefore alt+f4 is exactly what they want.

Maybe it's just me, but when I tried to alt + f4 so I wouldn't have to go back to the main menu to exit it wouldn't even work. I have to either go back to the main menu and exit or alt + tab, right click sfv and click exit.

Xhorder

Maybe it's just me, but when I tried to alt + f4 so I wouldn't have to go back to the main menu to exit it wouldn't even work. I have to either go back to the main menu and exit or alt + tab, right click sfv and click exit.

Coming in the next SF5 update: alt + f4 bug fix...

I haven't tried yet since I play my Steam games in Big Picture Mode and the keyboard isn't really near me.

jeemer

I ... explained why this very likely will be abused by some scums on pc more than on console).

And why was that? This still just looks like confirmation bias to me.

I'm on pc and play everyone on pc/ps4. I've seen noticeably more issues with lag and disconnects with ps4 players than pc players. Then there's a bunch of ps4 players in this thread complaining about alt+tabbing and other supposed gimmicks pc players have, but most of my 5 bar pc vs pc games have been fine.

People can be dicks and/or have crap connections on either platform.

more exploits for PC players

really starting to see the use of that platform filter now tbh

youre lucky, here on the pc we can only filter out ps4 so were stuck with the endless sea of lag switchers and quitter. really one of the biggest downsides to online pc gaming compared to consoles.

Nakho

I want to play this game so damn much, even with all its problems... sucks that my video card fried, don't have enough money for a PS4, not to mention how expensive is a stick over here :(

Well, at least I can live vicariously through you guys!

LakeEarth

I don't pay attention to whether or not my opponent is PC or PS4, but when I have a match where I think someone might be alt-tabbing, I watch the replay and it's always a PC player.

def sim

Oh boy, alt+f4 seriously being looked at as a PC disadvantage fucking whatever lol

Yeah, I also play this on both platforms and a lot of these complaints stink of confirmation bias.

I want to play this game so damn much, even with all its problems... sucks that my video card fried, don't have enough money for a PS4, not to mention how expensive is a stick over here :(

Well, at least I can live vicariously through you guys!

I can stream it for you and you can tell me what moves you want

Asd202

Anyone like stopped playing the game and is waiting for the March patch? Also I won't bother with ranked until RQ is fixed.

LakeEarth

I've been getting ready for work in the mornings while looking for casual matches. Since it takes 1-5 minutes to find a match, I can usually get things done (brush teeth, make a sandwich, etc). And since it takes so damn long to start a match, I can drop or quickly finish what I'm doing, walk to the living room and grab the controller before the match starts.

EDIT - I'm still playing ranked, but I don't seem to be getting nearly as many droppers as the rest of you. Some, but not every other match like for some of you guys.

def sim

Anyone like stopped playing the game and is waiting for the March patch? Also I won't bother with ranked until RQ is fixed.

I've only been playing offline when I can play with others. Once the new update hits along with Alex, I'll start it all up again and probably renew my PS+ account as well. I've been thinking of putting my consoles back in the living room anyway.

Kureransu

Nope I just play casual. I don't have an affinity to playing ranked unless in dominating in casuals. I'm getting steady competition in casual so I'm OK.

joanot

The majority of my enjoyment in SF comes from playing friends. Battle Lounges have been broken since the latest update for me and Capcom have gone completely quiet. Game is a paperweight to me now.

Same here, to make things worse matchmaking for ranked takes too long to find matches here in europe & when it does I end up playing the same person two or three times in a row.

I'm on pc and play everyone on pc/ps4. I've seen noticeably more issues with lag and disconnects with ps4 players than pc players. Then there's a bunch of ps4 players in this thread complaining about alt+tabbing and other supposed gimmicks pc players have, but most of my 5 bar pc vs pc games have been fine.

People can be dicks and/or have crap connections on either platform.

PS4 users don't realize that the game frame rate starts to drop down to 5fps after the first round. After that the game becomes unplayable for the other person.

I'm playing Survival Normal for some reason

completed it with Mika, Karin, Cammy and now Ryu

I have literally nothing else to do as I'm too sick to focus on coursework etc

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I would have stopped playing ranked if I were able to create Battle Lounges lol

Cross-play with cheater PC players was a bad ideia after all :(
No it wasn't. The rage quitting and alt-tabbing is completely Capcom's fault. And the first one is just as bad on PS4 as it is on PC.

I think the only controller with worse build quality than the Dualshock 4 is the Dualshock 3

I've had this Crystal one since Christmas and I've barely used my PS4 this year outside of SFV and R2 sucks already.

TacosNSalsa

From ranked definitely but from the game as a whole no way. To me it feels like taking even 2 days off is detrimental . When I come back feels like I haven't played in months.

ethomaz

Banned
It's not like Capcom screwed the pooch on their netcode or anything...

oh wait

Their setup is 'only one player receives the lag' instead of 'both players receive lag'
The problem for me is not the fair lag due connection issues but the ability to generate artificial lag on PC... that is cheating.

At least on PS4 you can't cheat or add artificial lag.

RQ is another issue on both platforms but PC more issues in that point and it is not fair for players wanting to play legit.

Baleoce

I've stopped ranked entirely for now. But not because of RQing. Just playing in casual mode for now. Definitely looking forward to March update though, because this game needs bigger lobbies asap.

disagree completely.

Dualshock 3 was the Nokia of controllers.
We've had very different experiences with the Dualshock 3 then :p

throughout the 6 I've had since 2011, none of them still work without any issues. Most of them do that weird thing where if you grip it too tightly it starts pressing random buttons, some of them send random inputs to the PS3, others have buttons that just don't work... it's a mess. :p

The problem for me is not the fair lag due connection issues but the ability to generate artificial lag on PC... that is cheating.

RQ is another issue on both platforms but PC more issues in that point and it is not fair for players wanting to play legit.

Mike Z stated that it's possible to cheat on the Ps4 but not as easy. You can't say there is not cheating when you have RZRInfiltration on the Ps4

KingBroly

Banned

Well if the lag was spread amongst both players at the same time, alt+tab wouldn't be an issue.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just explaining that Capcom fucked up here.

I had a bad day in ranked basically just went up and down for hours, so I'm off of it for a few days. But time away from playing doesn't have to be time away from street fighter. I need to level up to get out of the 6k's so now is a time to watch better players than me, learn matchups, chat, and browse replays. I'll probably play a little bit here and there and jump back in fully once the first update hits.

Xhorder

Nah... I play casual and ranked whenever I have some time (not enough I can tell you). I sit around bronze/super bronze in ranked, so not really high level. I haven't experienced a lot of laggy players or rage quits and I'm finding matches very quickly. The last rage quit was in a casual match...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom