• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Banned
Anyone like stopped playing the game and is waiting for the March patch? Also I won't bother with ranked until RQ is fixed.

I can't bring myself to do this.
If someone rqs on me, I still won so I am not losing points so I do not care.
Hopefully I learned something from the fight and will move on to the next.
Now if someone rq could somehow make me lose points, then I would be salty.
(Not getting points does not count as losing points to me)

How the hell is giving someone online the noodle hat not an achievement??

That's what I said

I had a bad day in ranked basically just went up and down for hours, so I'm off of it for a few days. But time away from playing doesn't have to be time away from street fighter. I need to level up to get out of the 6k's so now is a time to watch better players than me, learn matchups, chat, and browse replays. I'll probably play a little bit here and there and jump back in fully once the first update hits.

I've had bad days where I think I'm totally trash and can't beat anyone then end up going on a 10 game win streak later on within that hour lmao

For me I try to figure out the issues that I'm having and coming up with a reason for why I took those L's.

I should really start taking MU notes like I did for SF4. I had a lot more character specific notes in that game tho tbh

Skilletor

Anyone like stopped playing the game and is waiting for the March patch? Also I won't bother with ranked until RQ is fixed.

I play tons local and do battle lobbies, but I won't do anymore ranked until RQ is fixed.

I'm having a blast with the game...don't see any reason not to play.

people who watch their own intros but skip yours...
FqZe3Nz.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
need to learn what to do vs Nash as Mika tbh

I try and slide under his projectiles but I don't know how else to close the gap

His booms are pretty slow so if you space it right you can jump right in there. Or make like you do and wait for him to come to you. Get ready to AA moonsaults or for him to dash up with some normals.

I just got 170 LP for beating a gold Ken (I'm ultra bronze). I'm actually doing better on average against higher rank players than gimmicky scrubs, it's bananas. I did get bodied by a Rashid whose pressure game I just could not get out of. That's probably my big weakness, dealing with intense pressure.

His booms are pretty slow so if you space it right you can jump right in there. Or make like you do and wait for him to come to you. Get ready to AA moonsaults or for him to dash up with some normals.

I just got 170 LP for beating a gold Ken (I'm ultra bronze). I'm actually doing better on average against higher rank players than gimmicky scrubs, it's bananas. I did get bodied by a Rashid whose pressure game I just could not get out of. That's probably my big weakness, dealing with intense pressure.
Thanks, I'll give those a try next time I face one :)

Well done on the win btw!

need to learn what to do vs Nash as Mika tbh

I try and slide under his projectiles but I don't know how else to close the gap

be patient tbh netural jump his booms and try throwing out the odd v skill to absorb one, most of them are dying to do his moonsault move which you can anti air and will put you in a good position to start your offense

patients is pretty much key tbh, once you get a knockdown though you can go to town on him because his wake up flat out sucks

I've had bad days where I think I'm totally trash and can't beat anyone then end up going on a 10 game win streak later on within that hour lmao

For me I try to figure out the issues that I'm having and coming up with a reason for why I took those L's.

I should really start taking MU notes like I did for SF4. I had a lot more character specific notes in that game tho tbh
yeah I had situations for each loss. Not AA enough, need to learn when opponents can react to a fireball and punish. Predictable mixup and strings, bad blocking. Etc...yesterday just had a bad execution day because I was at home and wanted to reach platinum, lol was too focused on the points instead of just playing well. I also wasn't getting any "easy" wins to build confidence. It was all 7k 6.5k 6k, 5.5k, 6.4k, lol. Was really playing against my peers yesterday I guess and one bad match versus a weaker player loses you 100+ points, so no room for mistakes. But I do have an endgame at least.

Platinum rank
300 ranked wins
Ken title "Pinky Swear"

I'll retire after that, and just try to become a tourney level player that never goes to tournaments lol ;-)

def sim

I honestly thought that was the joke. I overestimated the internet.

Well, he's stuck with that account name so he'll probably be that joke once Capcom figures out how to handle RQs. Unless he stays consistent, of course, then I'd just be kinda impressed?

Repeat throws in the corner fuck me up

I made a post earlier saying the same thing lol.

Throwing someone repeatedly on wakeup when they're in the corner is surprisingly effective. They keep thinking "No way they're gonna throw again".

"They just threw me twice, they're not gonna throw a third time"

"Ok that's three, probably a meaty crush counter attempt now... OH SHIT"

"Fuck it, I'm just gonna tech"

and that's when they try to do a meaty.
btw, congrats on becoming a full-fledged member now?

The Orz

people who watch their own intros but skip yours...
FqZe3Nz.gif

Oh my god, yes. If my opponent lets both intros play I always, always feel better about the match. It's probably a placebo, but I get the impression that I'm playing with someone who isn't super impatient and determined to end the match as quickly as possible.

tariniel

Anyone else getting a bit bored of their main and cant find a suitable alt? I'm a Bison main and find that I have a hard time enjoying any other character much.

Anyone else getting a bit bored of their main and cant find a suitable alt? I'm a Bison main and find that I have a hard time enjoying any other character much.
Yup. I'm really digging FANG but my main is most likely going to be Guile and I just can't really stick to any other character.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I don't like anyone enough to main besides Mika. High hopes for Juri though, loved her in SSF4, although I was total trash at that game.

We still don't know what F.A.N.G. stands for, right?

No but there have been theories.

"Fucking Annoying New Guy" is my personal favourite.

It's most likely just a play on the word fang cause you know. Poison and fang go hand-in-hand. and he throws his poison from his hands.

be patient tbh netural jump his booms and try throwing out the odd v skill to absorb one, most of them are dying to do his moonsault move which you can anti air and will put you in a good position to start your offense

patients is pretty much key tbh, once you get a knockdown though you can go to town on him because his wake up flat out sucks
Hmm okay, will try that.
don't let his moves intimidate you because even when he thinks about what he wants for dinner, its unsafe
lmao
I do it with Karin, she would do the same.

FqZe3Nz.gif
FqZe3Nz.gif
FqZe3Nz.gif

I generally play a bit of everyone in every SF, but I'd definitely make decapre a hard alt if she ever comes back; that one frame of her in story mode gives me hope.
#decapreS2

Mupod

that's because nobody is as fun as Bison.

I need to start picking up other characters like Mika and Laura just to understand them better. And Alex of course, I mained him in 3S (not that I was good at 3S).

where da patch at

All signs point to it being next week.

(i)The first CPT event is this weekend so the patch won't disrupt that
(ii)It's at a far enough time that it won't realistically affect the next event
(iii)The playstation store updates on Tuesdays/Wednesdays so they'll most likely want to release it then to coincide with the addition of zenny purchases on PSN. Steam isn't an issue as they can do that whenever.

Or you know, Capcom could just pull a Capcpom and delay it indefinitely.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

His skewed design is what makes him fun. A lot of characters feel a bit down the middle.

I read that Capcom already submitted the patch to Sony. Ball's in their court now.
Yes but that statement was made by a moderator on Steam. It's not necessary that he gave accurate information.

Would definitely be great if he is correct and the patch is indeed slated for next week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom