• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me show you the divide in our class
I think you already did.
QK4z1Rn.gif

Dat psychological warfare!
Well it definitely gets my blood going! :p
where da patch at

0GQ4Tri.gif

saher

Banned
So am thinking of of buying an arcade stick for this game and other fighting games as well, should i get this one for a start?

fighting-stick-mini-for-playstation-4-playstation-3-437673.1.jpg

It looks too small and Im a big guy so i feel like im going to struggle with it

So am thinking of of buying an arcade stick for this game and other fighting games as well, should i get this one for a start?

I had it and liked it but returned it because I figured I might as well just stick with pad. The buttons are a little bit soft but they have a nice sound and the stick was good too.

I returned it though because pad and stick are really different skills and I wanted to be able to beat my friends anywhere so... :p

Quesa

I had it and liked it but returned it because I figured I might as well just stick with pad. The buttons are a little bit soft but they have a nice sound and the stick was good too.

I returned it though because pad and stick are really different skills and I wanted to be able to beat my friends anywhere so... :p

My big issue with playing on pad is that by the time you get really used to one controller, there's another one out and you'll probably have to switch. Dualshock 3 to Dualshock 4, for example. Not sure how hard that transition would be to make.

saher

Banned

Yeah i haven't touched an arcade stick in YEARS, so am not sure

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah ranking server is down/slow again. My god Capcom...people are barely playing it.
Imagine if this game actually sold 2 million copies.

edit: I played a 4.3k FANG and it actually said "Silver" under his name during the match. Might be why we get matched-up.

mbpm1

Yeah ranking server is down/slow again. My god Capcom...people are barely playing it.
Imagine if this game actually sold 2 million copies

Plot twist: Capcom deliberately released it early and barebones so nobody would play it so they wouldn't have to upgrade their servers/netcode.

Still failed.

Am I a bad person if I taunt? Don't I want to annoy my opponent?

According to this thread you're a monster

vixlar

fighting-stick-mini-for-playstation-4-playstation-3-437673.1.jpg

My friends have it. It is good and cheap, but I'm afraid si too small. One of them complains about the space between stick and buttons. It is a little difficult to play on lap, is better if you play on a table or a desk. An advice: deactivate the last two buttons, my friends press those on accident.

Demise

Stick is good, but you should stick to pad if you just intend to play SFV. Sticks players refuse to admit it, but pads are way, way more efficient than sticks in SFV, and it was already the case in SFIV. If you can afford to buy a stick, just go for a Dualshock of your choice (I recommand 2) and a chronus, or just go the DS4 route.

emag

Anyone else getting a bit bored of their main and cant find a suitable alt? I'm a Bison main and find that I have a hard time enjoying any other character much.

As opponents wise up to Bison's weaknesses (poor defense and everything being unsafe/negative on block, apart from a few short range normals/PB), he won't be able to get away with what he does now, possibly making him less enjoyable to play.

I alt Ryu, primarily as a learning aid. He's about as slow as Bison but has a very different toolset. I've tried to pick up Zangief and Ken as well, but the former has too many frustrating match-ups (Chun, Dhalsim, sometimes Nash) and the latter doesn't feel as solid as Ryu to me. I've only dabbled (at best) with the rest of the cast.

Battle Lounge is a great place to practice if you can find a valid/low-latency room. Fixing BL search results is #1 on my SFV wishlist after persistent Training Room/search settings.

His skewed design is what makes him fun. A lot of characters feel a bit down the middle.

I feel that a fair number of SFV characters are far from being all-rounders: Dhalsim and Zangief, of course, but also Mika and Vega (FANG, too).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Capcom actually introduced a new mini-game with their server issues. It's called "Guess the LP". I'm getting pretty good at it.

My big issue with playing on pad is that by the time you get really used to one controller, there's another one out and you'll probably have to switch. Dualshock 3 to Dualshock 4, for example. Not sure how hard that transition would be to make.
Yeah, that's a fair point.
I liked it but I did use it on a desk as well, something to mention. Don't think it would be good for lap use due to size!
Plot twist: Capcom deliberately released it early and barebones so nobody would play it so they wouldn't have to upgrade their servers/netcode.

Still failed.
lmao

Skilletor

You're a terrible person who doesn't care about growing the community at all. It's your responsibility to show respect to everybody and not use all of the tools given to you in the game.

At least, that's what I was told.

I taunt to see if my opponent will do something stupid. Sometimes they do, and it's great. Sometimes they don't, and I don't do it again. Just like any other special move or normal, I use them to see how my opponent reacts.

You're a terrible person who doesn't care about growing the community at all. It's your responsibility to show respect to everybody and not use all of the tools given to you in the game.

At least, that's what I was told.

I taunt to see if my opponent will do something stupid. Sometimes they do, and it's great. Sometimes they don't, and I don't do it again. Just like any other special move or normal, I use them to see how my opponent reacts.

I believe that taunting has an effect, even if it's only subconsciously.

mbpm1

Taunts are just a gimmick. People use them to make people react impulsively, like jumping in from half-screen into a full meter opponent or attack in some way. People who get actually mad take them too seriously.

Capcom actually introduced a new mini-game with their server issues. It's called "Guess the LP". I'm getting pretty good at it.

That feeling when you face a legitimate Rookie Ryu

Taunts are just a gimmick. People use them to make people react impulsively, like jumping in from half-screen into a full meter opponent or attack in some way. People who get actually mad take them too seriously.

That feeling when you face a legitimate Rookie Ryu

My favourite thing about taunting is when people take it too seriously.

I only taunt if I make a miraculous comeback

aka if I get one hit confirm with Laura while down in life

i just wanna be grappling buds

Skilletor

I logged on PC for the first time in a few days and had half the LP I should have. Thought I'd been punished, but when I got into a match, my LP was what it should've been.

mbpm1

I logged on PC for the first time in a few days and had half the LP I should have. Thought I'd been punished, but when I got into a match, my LP was what it should've been.

When I played Count he showed up in the lobby as a Rookie Ryu
When we were in the match he was a Super Silver
When we got to the match results screen he was a Gold
When we got back to the lobby he was a Rookie Ryu again

This game

pixelish

Stick is good, but you should stick to pad if you just intend to play SFV. Sticks players refuse to admit it, but pads are way, way more efficient than sticks in SFV, and it was already the case in SFIV. If you can afford to buy a stick, just go for a Dualshock of your choice (I recommand 2) and a chronus, or just go the DS4 route.

pure lies

plinking is so much easier on stick than on pad

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Check your profile in game, it probably says you main Ryu and have 0 LP.

Light_End

Banned

Does it make them respond in a predictable manner?

Does it make them instantly dash/jump towards you like a retard?

Does the disrespect destabilize their playstyle?

I play with a Bison player who taunts during tournament matches. The shit works wonders.

Taunting is one of the best mixups in the game.

This game

Count's hustlin

Or just play on what you prefer. It's nbd.

Buy me lunch later.

After we finish our 1000th set.

def sim

I'm so honorable that I never found out how to taunt in this game. 😉
edit: is it back button/touchpad or what

Keep the stick at neutral, hit all 6 buttons at the same time.

Edit: But who would ever do such a thing. Moral responsibility compels you.

As a FANG player, I found that I can cancel cowards crouch(d+ppp) into my air poison balls.

But then I realized, why do such a thing, when I can do the same thing with my taunt.

Playing online's gotten a lot more rewarding since then.

Ohnonono

This game

Is this footsies?

Alucrid

Banned
lol. first ranked match of the day, beat a silver bison despite horribly dropping combos and, of course, rage quit. fuck it, casuals only

Gbraga

Ragequitters have been pretty rare in my experience. Are they more frequent in some rank or region or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom