• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Ragequitters have been pretty rare in my experience. Are they more frequent in some rank or region or something like that?

I stopped playing ranked cause of it tbh. once I got to Silver it was like every other match. this was before punishments happened though.

Steroyd

Dat feel when it's the final round, oppenent has the life lead and you pull off that one combo you practiced in a clutch situation to win.

Awe yiss.

Of course said person rage quitted... In casual. :/

Yeah ranking server is down/slow again. My god Capcom...people are barely playing it.
Imagine if this game actually sold 2 million copies.

edit: I played a 4.3k FANG and it actually said "Silver" under his name during the match. Might be why we get matched-up.

I turned on SSF4 3DS and was able to find a match in 10 seconds. Although this game is dominated by Lite Control players with awful input lag.

Ragequitters have been pretty rare in my experience. Are they more frequent in some rank or region or something like that?

When you get to silver it starts getting more frequent. That's why BronzeBoys are the best. We never RQ.

It's fine. More importantly i learned a lot while playing against your Birdie and know what to practice for when I play more Birdie's. That's more important to me then taking a few games anyway

Been playing casual since the game released. Decided to try rank yesterday and got 8 straight wins and out of Rookie, guess I'm not that scrubby as I thought.
Returned to casual and now I'm getting only opponents with LP, used to get 0 LP. Mmmhhm kinda want to stay in this range to farm a bit of FM.

Anyone know what rank is considered average in terms of skill? that is my goal.

Hex

Banned
Been playing casual since the game released. Decided to try rank yesterday and got 8 straight wins and out of Rookie, guess I'm not that scrubby as I thought.
Returned to casual and now I'm getting only opponents with LP, used to get 0 LP. Mmmhhm kinda want to stay in this range to farm a bit of FM.

Honestly trying to equate skill by LP is a bit iffy.
I say it is all a wildcard until you get up into Silver and above.
When you get up there, you get paired with Bronze/ultrabronze and whatnot and losses hurt so keeping your rank starts to mean something.

Gbraga

I stopped playing ranked cause of it tbh. once I got to Silver it was like every other match. this was before punishments happened though.

I had four today in about two hours. I'm somewhere in silver.

That's rough. I think 4 is like the total amount of ragequitters I had since the game came out.

Currently in Ultra Silver, will probably go back to Super tonight.

When you get to silver it starts getting more frequent. That's why BronzeBoys are the best. We never RQ.

BronzeBoys VoHiYo

Anne

That's rough. I think 4 is like the total amount of ragequitters I had since the game came out.

It's rough. My winrate is pretty good and I want to rank up but I know if I do bother to wait 10 minutes between matches and wade through rage quitters and have the server actually send my match info the only thing left to greet me is longer queues and more rage quitters.

Fuck that I'm gonna go to the arcade or LAN center.

rank is not a good barometer for skill. Besides seeing someone in platinum, usually means they know fundamentals and are pretty good. Frauds, rage quitters, players that just know setups can rank even up to gold, but wouldn't last 2 rounds in a tourney.

In the grim darkness of Capcom's future, there is only rage.

And salt. So ..... much ......
pjsalt_twitch_emote_by_xenoblast1-d9lc7ni.png

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You often get the feeling that a player wouldn't beat you again because they kinda used all their tricks in ranked. That's why the rematch option needs to happen.

edit: Make that 5 rage quitters

You often get the feeling that a player wouldn't beat you again because they kinda used all their tricks in ranked. That's why the rematch option needs to happen.
Before Patch that adds rematch:
"Dhalsim is perfectly balanced guys, you just don't know how to play against him!"

After Patch that adds rematch:
"Dhalsim is fucking terrible, so easy to beat him. Capcom please buff!"

also, you can replace Dhalsim in the above post with FANG and it would still work.

Owensboro

Am I a bad person if I taunt? Don't I want to annoy my opponent?
According to this thread you're a monster

To be fair (as far as I remember) that was a specific case where the person was taunting at the end of his second win. I think most everyone is fine with taunting to get in the opponents head. Most players get mad and do SUPER unsafe things if you taunt in the middle of a match. It's great bait.

In my opinion, though, taunting at the end when you've won and there's no chance at a runback (second set) is unsportsmanlike if there's been no taunting in the match previously. It just becomes an extra kind of "fuck you" when you can do nothing about it. I realize this isn't a popular opinion on here but that's not going to stop me from getting FURIOUS when it happens. All I think is "You didn't have the balls to taunt me earlier in the match? Only do it when you know you're going to win? What a bitch." (I then immediately lose the next two matches because I'm on tilt.) (I hate that it affects me so much) (I realize this is MY PROBLEM) (I'm getting better at just laughing at it).

I'm so honorable that I never found out how to taunt in this game. ��
edit: is it back button/touchpad or what

All punches + Kicks at the same time (6 buttons).

Shito

You're a terrible person who doesn't care about growing the community at all. It's your responsibility to show respect to everybody and not use all of the tools given to you in the game.

At least, that's what I was told.

I taunt to see if my opponent will do something stupid. Sometimes they do, and it's great. Sometimes they don't, and I don't do it again. Just like any other special move or normal, I use them to see how my opponent reacts.
Taunting usually only "works" on people that are pretty new to the game / don't show a lot of discipline or knowledge of the game. All of these things can be assessed easily without actually taunting your opponent, that's why I never do it. ^^
Would love to see the taunt buffs from SF3 make a come-back, though...

Stick is good, but you should stick to pad if you just intend to play SFV. Sticks players refuse to admit it, but pads are way, way more efficient than sticks in SFV, and it was already the case in SFIV. If you can afford to buy a stick, just go for a Dualshock of your choice (I recommand 2) and a chronus, or just go the DS4 route.
Would love to see you expand on this.
Case in point: there's no "better" choice between a stick or a pad, it's all a matter of preferences.

mbpm1

To be fair (as far as I remember) that was a specific case where the person was taunting at the end of his second win. I think most everyone is fine with taunting to get in the opponents head. Most players get mad and do SUPER unsafe things if you taunt in the middle of a match. It's great bait.

In my opinion, though, taunting at the end when you've won and there's no chance at a runback (second set) is unsportsmanlike if there's been no taunting in the match previously. It just becomes an extra kind of "fuck you" when you can do nothing about it. I realize this isn't a popular opinion on here but that's not going to stop me from getting FURIOUS when it happens. All I think is "You didn't have the balls to taunt me earlier in the match? Only do it when you know you're going to win? What a bitch." (I then immediately lose the next two matches because I'm on tilt.) (I hate that it affects me so much) (I realize this is MY PROBLEM) (I'm getting better at just laughing at it).

If you were mashing as much as the person getting taunted and refusing to learn, imo you deserve a taunt like that.

Not calling you out, just how I see the circumstance

Anne

All punches + Kicks at the same time (6 buttons).

Holla at ya girl.

That guy hurt my feelings though.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Christ, Laura is just the frame trap queen isn't she? Just fought 2 sets of ft3 against one in lounge, and every time I thought it was safe to stick out a button after a block, it wasn't. Really frustrating. Once I got her down and could keep up pressure I did okay, but her ground game is very strong.

edit: christ almighty quote your pic

The Hermit

my first RQ! A 9 streak win Ryu, from US.

I feel so especial
happy%20crying.gif

I almost lost to a much better Ryu with literally half his BP

What is the point??

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Christ, Laura is just the frame trap queen isn't she? Just fought 2 sets of ft3 against one in lounge, and every time I thought it was safe to stick out a button after a block, it wasn't. Really frustrating. Once I got her down and could keep up pressure I did okay, but her ground game is very strong.

After her elbow move she is -2 at best, so you can go for a throw or a fast normal. That's kind of when it's your turn again.

To me she feels really one-dimensional, I don't like her as a character

After her elbow move she is -2 at best, so you can go for a throw or a fast normal. That's kind of when it's your turn again.

She's actually considerably more complex than most of the roster imo.

I think she's more the mix-up queen rather than the frame trap queen. Mika, FANG,Bison have better frame traps than hers.

Personally, I think Necalli is a much more binary character than Laura. Necalli is either rushing you down, or keeping distance and using his V-Skill, waiting for you to jump in.

Laura still has a lot more going for her.

Shito

LP elbow is -2, MP elbow is -7 (punish this!), EX is -11 (punish punish!)
You can tell the difference between the two by the height at which she comes at you with her elbow: waist is LP, face is MP
You're better off throwing a 3-4 frames normal after the LP version, that way you gain the advantage back, otherwise the Laura player will just throw tech and you'll be back to the neutral game.

Owensboro

If you were mashing as much as the person getting taunted and refusing to learn, imo you deserve a taunt like that.

Not calling you out, just how I see the circumstance

No offense taken, but if you can only taunt me when you know you've won I know you're a coward.

yeah I had situations for each loss. Not AA enough, need to learn when opponents can react to a fireball and punish. Predictable mixup and strings, bad blocking. Etc...yesterday just had a bad execution day because I was at home and wanted to reach platinum, lol was too focused on the points instead of just playing well. I also wasn't getting any "easy" wins to build confidence. It was all 7k 6.5k 6k, 5.5k, 6.4k, lol. Was really playing against my peers yesterday I guess and one bad match versus a weaker player loses you 100+ points, so no room for mistakes. But I do have an endgame at least.

Platinum rank
300 ranked wins
Ken title "Pinky Swear"

I'll retire after that, and just try to become a tourney level player that never goes to tournaments lol ;-)

Man, you need to take your ass to tournaments already. You definitely more than solid enough to do so.

Vice

If you avoid throwing the elbow and just walk up after you push yourself out of range with buttonsit's easier to continue pressure with her. Or end string with EX fireball.She can get a very long turn once she gets meter or with good use of her normals and walking.

How is that? Serious question.

Her fireballs are multi-use (frame traps, combo-extenders, build meter, in the case of EX-for resets, etc.) She has surprisingly strong footsies and counterpokes with cr.hp, cr.mp, and st.lp. Her light elbow on hit can lead to a ridiculous amount of mix ups. Her target combo alone might be simple, but with v-trigger cancels, it's a free combo into super or a reset. Her overhead is excellent off a confirm, for catching people off guard, or for frame traps. Her EX elbow allows her to armor through a lot of stuff, especially people who throw fireballs. And I won't even get into the ridiculous stuff she can do to people who jump or get hit by an EX fireball.

I think she's more the mix-up queen rather than the frame trap queen. Mika, FANG,Bison have better frame traps than hers.
Personally, I think Necalli is a much more binary character than Laura. Necalli is either rushing you down, or keeping distance and using his V-Skill, waiting for you to jump in.

Laura still has a lot more going for her.

Laura has good frame traps IMO

How is that? Serious question.
Well you know how fighting R.Mika turns into a guessing game when she's got you in the corner?
Like that but it only takes one successful grapple or shoulder to get in that position.

Her fireball may not look like much but it allows her to go for mixups that can get extremely hard to predict. Her v-skill dash is fairly fast and her overhead can sometimes catch you from a distance you thought you'd be safe.

I will say that she takes a damn good understanding of offense and the ability to make reads to be successful with her.

Though her Crush counters are absolutely terrible IMO. The HK is so unsafe, realistically only doable when it's a guaranteed CC.

EDIT: Her EX moves are by-far some of the best in the game as far as how much better they are compared to the regular ones. And as skLaFarebear pointed out, she has fairly solid tools in a footsie situation.
Laura has good frame traps IMO
Not saying they're bad, they're definitely good. I was just saying that other characters have more unpredictable frame traps than hers.

Though her Crush counters are absolutely terrible IMO. The HK is so unsafe, realistically only doable when it's a guaranteed CC.

st.hk is solid on meaty and can link into medium elbow, which does good damage.

Her st.hp is amazing for CCs though since that can link into almost any button, including itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom