• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morris

Disco Devil
Any good bison / karin / cammy players looking to catch some booms? or anyone really, but I really need to learn those matchups, CFN:
morisv

cordy

Banned
THE SALT TASTES DELICIOUS. Killakevo, yet another lowly RQ'er. Always feels good beating a higher up Ken than me.

I knew it would happen when I saw his 13 win steak at 1600lp.

Shame, it was a good match.

http://youtu.be/x-E-suq28oI

No matter how many times I see it I can't stop cracking up at the "beep beep" black screen when someone disconnects.

One of the funniest gaming related things since GTA's Mission Failed.

Oh my god scariest mirror match ever, but I won

bMq6ETE.jpg

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
That OT is something else lol well done!

Hustler

Went from 950lp to 1550lp and just lost my 9 win streak. Best night since the first week when this game released Time to call it a night.

Why is this dumb game showing me as a rookie when I make a lounge?

Why do all these one-bars keep joining. :|
The Battle Lounge list's existing functionality isn't working properly, so 90% of the time people won't be seeing the latency bar nor a host's country of origin.

joe2187

Banned
I can never beat a Nash player, I dont know how to get in whatsover with cammy against him.

He can fuck up my everything.

I've got a pretty real question here guys: How do I stop myself from getting so angry when I play this game?

I don't know what it is. I never get mad at games, I love challenging games, multiplayer games, etc. I never get mad. In real life I even do martial arts and get my ass beat by advanced students in my classes all the time and not a shred of anger, I find it fun and rewarding!

But two or three losses in this game? I'm fuming. I can't even play after losing a few matches and I need hours before I go back. I'm not even bad at fighting games, really, I played a lot of SFIV when it came out and had about a 50/50 w/l ratio. In this game I practice and practice, can pull off Karin combos pretty well locally, but as soon as I get into a real match I just lose and lose and lose and get mad so, so quickly.

It's to the point where I don't even want to play the game because I'm associating it with feeling upset, even though I like a lot of the mechanics. Even if I go into it thinking "Just practice in casuals for a bit, no big deal" I get mad.

Not sure what to do at this point. Has anyone dealt with this?

Edgeward

I've got a pretty real question here guys: How do I stop myself from getting so angry when I play this game?

I don't know what it is. I never get mad at games, I love challenging games, multiplayer games, etc. I never get mad. In real life I even do martial arts and get my ass beat by advanced students in my classes all the time and not a shred of anger, I find it fun and rewarding!

But two or three losses in this game? I'm fuming. I can't even play after losing a few matches and I need hours before I go back. I'm not even bad at fighting games, really, I played a lot of SFIV when it came out and had about a 50/50 w/l ratio. In this game I practice and practice, can pull off Karin combos pretty well locally, but as soon as I get into a real match I just lose and lose and lose and get mad so, so quickly.

It's to the point where I don't even want to play the game because I'm associating it with feeling upset, even though I like a lot of the mechanics. Even if I go into it thinking "Just practice in casuals for a bit, no big deal" I get mad.

You have to have a different mentality when approaching matches. Sometimes you get so focused on winning you stop thinking why you are getting hit, thrown, etc. And if you base your whole experience by how many times you win or lose you will just be fighting in frustration more times than not. You should be more concerned with whether you are executing your gameplan, able to read your opponent and nailing your combos/punishes. And if you are losing because of something you didn't understand or how to approach it's better that you stop and either study up or hit training mode and see what you can do about those moves, and if you can even punish them,

This thinking helped me calm down more and also stopped panicking or getting scared of losses or mad. Once you get that down, the wins will come more naturally

Stop playing Ranked and Casual. Playing randoms isn't fun imo and you hardly ever learn anything from it. I have a much better time playing people on GAF or friends and I learn much more about the mu and where I'm at as a player.

I'd only hit up casual for the FM grind, but it's not like you earn that much from it unless you level up.

You have to force yourself to see that it's fair, that you lost because you played worse than your opponent. Its a hard thing to do. I recommend recording and watching your matches, as horrible as it sounds. Really makes your mistakes clear.

kobu

Capcom really needs to get this matchmaking sorted the fuck out. I got matched with the same silver nash player 4 times in a row and beat him every time.
I would be mad as hell if I was that dude and I wouldn't have blamed him if he rage quit since there's no penalty for it thanks to capcoms incompetence once again.

But then how did this happen? There was a lot of hype pre release, and then no one bought it. That, to me, says a lot of people bailed after they realized how bare bones it was.

This is how it was/is for me. I have always loved SF and am now just waiting for Capcom to add content, so I can justify buying it.
Living in Australia, Im not even sure how big the online pool of players will be, so offline content is even more important.

Capcom really needs to get this matchmaking sorted the fuck out. I got matched with the same silver nash player 4 times in a row and beat him every time.
I would be mad as hell if I was that dude and I wouldn't have blamed him if he rage quit since there's no penalty for it thanks to capcoms incompetence once again.

Lets not get crazy here. I would blame him. Seriously, only the worst trash rqs, penalty or no.

You have to have a different mentality when approaching matches. Sometimes you get so focused on winning you stop thinking why you are getting hit, thrown, etc. And if you base your whole experience by how many times you win or lose you will just be fighting in frustration more times than not. You should be more concerned with whether you are executing your gameplan, able to read your opponent and nailing your combos/punishes. And if you are losing because of something you didn't understand or how to approach it's better that you stop and either study up or hit training mode and see what you can do about those moves, and if you can even punish them,

This thinking helped me calm down more and also stopped panicking or getting scared of losses or mad. Once you get that down, the wins will come more naturally

Stop playing Ranked and Casual. Playing randoms isn't fun imo and you hardly ever learn anything from it. I have a much better time playing people on GAF or friends and I learn much more about the mu and where I'm at as a player.

I'd only hit up casual for the FM grind, but it's not like you earn that much from it unless you level up.

You have to force yourself to see that it's fair, that you lost because you played worse than your opponent. Its a hard thing to do. I recommend recording and watching your matches, as horrible as it sounds. Really makes your mistakes clear.

Thanks guys. I'll try playing with a GAFer some time and see if that helps. I'll try to focus less on winning and just focus on execution too.

I'm hoping I can shake this because honestly I get really frustrated at myself for letting myself get so mad about a game.

Thanks guys. I'll try playing with a GAFer some time and see if that helps. I'll try to focus less on winning and just focus on execution too.

I'm hoping I can shake this because honestly I get really frustrated at myself for letting myself get so mad about a game.

A lot of us get frustrated lol. It's never fun getting blown up, especially in a game that you want to get good in. Instead of staying angry about it though, you gotta learn from it and get better. If your execution is sloppy, practice hitting your combos and moves in the training room. If you can't stop your opponent from jumping, practice your anti-airs and your follow ups. There's no better way to learn than actually playing with people, but training room is your best friend.

Edgeward

Hey, it's not fun losing to a jump back Ryu or a Ken that throws out random tatsus and dragon punches. But that will happen when you focus on winning and think how you should be beating this person and how you are obviously better than them. Instead assessing the situation, habits they like to do (sweep after a jump in or always going for tick throws) and focus on punishing those unsafe moves. I'm not saying you do lose to these people but that's just a simple example.

And if you play a friend or someone on here, ask for advice and what they saw and if they have any tips. Learning by yourself is hard in FGs because there is a wealth of knowledge in characters, frame data and mindsets that can be easily overlooked when you just want to hit your combos.

Hex

Banned

It is not easy.
The worst is when you know that you should have won.
With my losing streaks the past couple of nights have I have visualized my stick flying through my TV multiple times or meeting my coffee table rapidly and often.
But, it is all data and it is all hopefully processing for later to make it happen less and less as time goes on.
Step away, take a shower, play some music, grab a drink if you want to.
Then ease back in, hit a casual or two before diving back into ranked or try and hit some friendlies.
And if you ever want to feel godlike hit me up if I am on.
DigitalArkham is my CID (That goes for anyone)

mollipen

Finally crawled my way up to Ultra Bronze tonight, and for now, I'm just playing some Casual instead of Ranked. And, you know, it's kind of nice to play without all of the stress or "how many points might I lose from this?"

I'm not one to give advice but I had a similar problem a few days ago. The truth? You fell for stupid shit that you think you shouldn't have fell for and lost.

How did I cope with it? I said fuck it to the points. Instead I focused on another secondary objective (other than win) and as long as I made that objective I was good. For instance, I set a condition that I would only use normals (no specials) and played footsies only. Then I added anytime I CC, do the maximum combo punish, which I could do in training but choked every time against human players. Then, the setup I've been working on in the lab but could never do in a match for some reason, I attempted it on real people until I could do it. Point is, I set an achievable objective (not based on getting a rank or winning), and when I pulled it off it was satisfying. If I somehow won and achieved my objective, it was icing on the cake.

My points tanked from 2050 to like 1300 but today I got back to 2000+ and now my footsies have improved. if you care about your points steer clear of my method of coping! If you don't care, try it out, find a flaw in your game and focus on improving it by setting a condition or objective (the normals only thing came because I kept relying on specials too much and I was convinced Laura couldn't out poke other characters, I was way off).

Hex

Banned
Finally crawled my way up to Ultra Bronze tonight, and for now, I'm just playing some Casual instead of Ranked. And, you know, it's kind of nice to play without all of the stress or "how many points might I lose from this?"

I keep telling myself to do that. Play casual or play some friendlies yet I keep hitting that button.
I need a slap macro where if I hit the ranked button I get backhanded.

mollipen

I keep telling myself to do that. Play casual or play some friendlies yet I keep hitting that button.
I need a slap macro where if I hit the ranked button I get backhanded.

At times, it really becomes like gambling to me. I've lost $100, but the thought is then, "just $20 more and I can have that money back!" And then next thing I know, I'm down $120 instead of $100.

Astral

It's a good thing I have a pair of dumbbells handy for when I have to freaking wait forever to be connected to another match.

Yeah but for every win, you could be in Silver by now.

It's almost as if you rage quit on yourself.

Xeteh

I miss when my friends played fighting games. I got a lot better playing my buddy over and over on Injustice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom