• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK9039

Haha I just had the best bug. I was watching a replay from OG|Shine (CFN id: 3Dolla) about 5 minutes ago and now during my next match I had his id:

unbenanntugqay.jpg

This game has bugs you couldn't even come up with man.

edit:
unbenannt0ipz2.jpg

Ohoh.

edit2:
Yep, I restarted. It's not going away. WTF

The same has happened to me, it's been like this for three days. I'm beating players up with a fake ID.

Made a battle lounge, got the rank 440 player in the world (a Bison). Me, only a lowly silver.

For him it was only Wednesday etc. but for me, I got bodied hard but I took 2 games off him, so I feel pretty alright about how I did. The frame traps are so real on that dude, holy crap.

Don't press a button unless you see him dash. Generally an okay rule to follow against bison.

I think I've actually gotten worse since launch. That's weird. I just never know when it's my turn I guess.
I think I've hit a point of no return with this game. Can't tell if I want to drop Karin or the game in it's entirety. Gonna give it an earnest go with Birdie and Mika before I call it quits, though.

Learn the frame data. Any time you block against something negative, it's your turn. Even at negative two your jab will beat their's giving you advantage.
Yeah I guess that's the next step. But I'm wondering if I want to take that step. Learning frame data is not fun, and if I'm not having fun I would probably stop playing. I guess I'm fine being forever bronze.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah I guess that's the next step. But I'm wondering if I want to take that step. Learning frame data is not fun, and if I'm not having fun I would probably stop playing. I guess I'm fine being forever bronze.

What's not fun about it? It's not hard at all, it's learning the match up. I mean you could beat your head in training mode for hours figuring out which attacks are negative or you could just look it up in a chart in 5 seconds. So next time a character uses that attack you know what your options are.

Baleoce

You don't *have* to learn the frame data, especially if you find it's dulling your experience learning the game. Instead you can just try and learn organically over time what's safe and what's not, and make a mental note of it, and how you should react.

What's not fun about it? It's not hard at all, it's learning the match up. I mean you could beat your head in training mode for hours figuring out which attacks are negative or you could just look it up in a chart in 5 seconds. So next time a character uses that attack you know what your options are.
Yeah I totally get that it's necessary and I understand why people enjoy it. For me, it's just so boring and it feels like work. To be competitive, you need to put in the work. I thought maybe i could get to a slightly higher rank but i underestimated so much of the audience. This might have been the point where I stopped playing SFIV also.
You don't *have* to learn the frame data, especially if you find it's dulling your experience learning the game. Instead you can just try and learn organically over time what's safe and what's not, and make a mental note of it, and how you should react.
This is probably what I'll end up doing eventually. I'll start really paying attention to the moves they are throwing out and learn that way instead of obsessing over the numbers on a chart.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah I totally get that it's necessary and I understand why people enjoy it. For me, it's just so boring and it feels like work. To be competitive, you need to put in the work. I thought maybe i could get to a slightly higher rank but i underestimated so much of the audience. This might have been the point where I stopped playing SFIV also.

Is it really work though? You don't have to bring out a bunch of spreadsheets and pour over them for hours or anything.

Just play like normal, if you're in a match and a move is giving you a problem look up it's frame data after the match. That's it, then next time you play you know what to do. It's no more work that looking up how to do a move.

Baleoce

I could be misremembering, but at that event a few weeks back when LIJoe took it, weren't the commentators saying that he doesn't use frame data when learning a game? Everyones different I know. I'm just saying, if someone actively doesn't find looking up a chart for frame data fun, it's by no means the end of the world.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I think I've hit a point of no return with this game. Can't tell if I want to drop Karin or the game in it's entirety. Gonna give it an earnest go with Birdie and Mika before I call it quits, though.

Shop around. A lot of people latch onto a character that may not necessarily be a good fit for them. Put a little time into everyone in training. Someone will click.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

It doesn't have to be work. Make it fun! Make a battle lounge and just fight randos. You'll get a much, much better idea of a matchup when you do a set of first to 3/5 with someone than when you face a FANG in ranked once every blue moon and get your ass handed to you. It doesn't matter if you lose, you get practice, you get to figure out first-hand which moves are safe to punish and which aren't, and you COULD watch your replays and/or go into the lab and practice punishing the moves you weren't sure about.

Why dont you try the laura elbow train?
I almost picked Ken today which has me feeling pretty down. Laura feels like the female version of Ken. No way I'd play her.
Shop around. A lot of people latch onto a character that may not necessarily be a good fit for them. Put a little time into everyone in training. Someone will click.
I know which is why I'll be trying Mika and Birdie who are probably better overall. Karin was by far my aesthetic favorite and I do okay with her. I'll definitely enjoy the game less playing someone else, but glass cannons are the worst.

It doesn't have to be work. Make it fun! Make a battle lounge and just fight randos. You'll get a much, much better idea of a matchup when you do a set of first to 3/5 with someone than when you face a FANG in ranked once every blue moon and get your ass handed to you. It doesn't matter if you lose, you get practice, you get to figure out first-hand which moves are safe to punish and which aren't, and you COULD watch your replays and/or go into the lab and practice punishing the moves you weren't sure about.
Yeah I need to do battle lounges more often. Id like to fight people better than me, but not like, embarrassingly better than me heh. Going to watch some more replays too. I will say I'm so damn impressed with people who take the time to get good at this game. It's incredible to watch 2 great players.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Haha I just had the best bug. I was watching a replay from OG|Shine (CFN id: 3Dolla) about 5 minutes ago and now during my next match I had his id:

unbenanntugqay.jpg

This game has bugs you couldn't even come up with man.

edit:
unbenannt0ipz2.jpg

Ohoh.

edit2:
Yep, I restarted. It's not going away. WTF

I was just matched up against damdai in Casual Match, who turned into memememe in the match.

I'm convinced it was neither. This CFN system is really screwed up.

LakeEarth

In ranked, I realized that I don't fear the Golds. I don't fear the Super Silvers or the Ultra Silvers. I fear the Ultra Bronzes that play aggressively and will take 100 points from me if I lose.

sixghost

Is it really work though? You don't have to bring out a bunch of spreadsheets and pour over them for hours or anything.

Just play like normal, if you're in a match and a move is giving you a problem look up it's frame data after the match. That's it, then next time you play you know what to do. It's no more work that looking up how to do a move.
If there were like 6 characters in the game, this would be true, but it's hard to remember stuff like this for all the characters.

Anteo

So guys, ever since I redownloaded this game last week, I have this weird problem with my user data:

So basically, I have no Id now?

I can see my match history just fine and it shows the original name I had but this is weird. Also, it says last time I played was in 1906 lol. what?

Edit: ha.. I just noticed that it was mentioned a few post before this

ElFly

I had noticed an use for the Air SPD, breaking mid air over fireballs, in case of mistimed jumps.

But finally could put them to use. It is easier when the opponent is Ryu and his V-trigger puts him into ifreball mode, but still.

Wow, only now I realise karin's english VA is the same as squigly from skullgirls...I guess that somewhat explains why I liked it so much.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So when Vega has V-Trigger available, can you not neutral jump anymore? Anywhere on the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom