• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Producer

Yes, her f+HP. It's +3 on block which means f+hp xx st.lp/cr.lp is a block string.

Hey, it's still worse than Bison's st.HK being +3 on block and his cr.mp being 6 frame stratup.

Well bison doesnt have the mixup potential she has. Much scarier to have blocked her CC than his.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
As per the input lag test I tried turning off Vsync but holy balls the tearing is so bad, I just can't. There's no tearing in borderless windowed but that's because windows forces V-sync in windowed apps, correct?

Well bison doesnt have the mixup potential she has. Much scarier to have blocked her CC than his.
Yes, I was going to make a post about how just because she has a good tool doesn't make her OP or that her strengths don't cover her weaknesses or that that move isn't realistically comparable to other heavy normals on it's own but then I made my self a sandwich and forgot to.
The real insult is beating someone with one or two buttons

Fierce all day

or worse

Jab all day
Particularly if it's Zangief's st.lp, didn't even have the decency to go for his cr.lp

Yes, I was going to make a post about how just because she has a good tool doesn't make her OP or that her strengths don't cover her weaknesses or that that move is realistically comparable to other heavy normals on it's own but then I made my self a sandwich and forgot to.Particularly if it's Zangief's st.lp, didn't even have the decency to go for his cr.lp

Is there a way to win when you're magic pixel vs Zangief?

HardRojo

Small SFV tournament close to my place on Saturday, I might go just because I'm sure some friends will show up too. Haven't touched this game in about 10 days and won't be able to until tomorrow :( I feel really really rusty.

LegendX48

As per the input lag test I tried turning off Vsync but holy balls the tearing is so bad, I just can't. There's no tearing in borderless windowed but that's because windows forces V-sync in windowed apps, correct?

I'm not sure on the technical stuff but going borderless windowed will take care of the screen tearing but it may introduce some microstuttering as that's what it did for me.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
SILVER GET

Got 2 ranked matches against the same Ken player in a row (who was called HomeboyBlanka, sorry guy, that monster isn't in). First time I barely won, second time he got bodied. FeelsGoodMan

also I was literally at 1999 LP before I promoted

I'm still PO'd about no arcade mode, but I have to admit that without much motivation to play with so many characters, I've gotten much better as my main (Laura) than I likely would've otherwise.

Anyone wants to fight me my SFV name is the same as my username.

Man, playing after a two and a half week break with massive jet lag is definitely interesting. In one game I completely zoned out and you would have swore, if you were watching, it looked like the first time I'd played a video game, never mind a Street Fighter game. Had a nice FT3 with a French Karin there though, it was fun.

Dartastic

I.... have a really, really shameful admission to make. Those of you who have frequented SFIV's board that I've been playing for a while. I'm an 09'er who never really took the game suuuuuuuuper seriously, but definitely had a decent Makoto.

So last night I was looking at Shoryuken for some Chun tech and I decided to watch a few videos about super canceling and general execution. ...I had no idea that you could whiff something like crouching M kick into lightning legs and have lightning legs not come out if the C MK doesn't hit/get blocked even though you input the lightning legs motion.

I also didn't know that I could super cancel by entering only two quarter circles, and that first quarter circle would count as one of the two that make up a super. I always tried to do THREE quarter circles (one for the thing like the lightning legs and then two more for the super) whenever I tried to cancel a move into a super. This... changes a lot. :/

Moaradin

Man I hope the patch is next week. People were joking a few weeks ago about it coming at the very end of the month, but that's a possibility now lol.

Hustler

There's a local tournament here on the 26th, Alpha Attack. But I'm going out of town that weekend for Easter. :( Next time...next time.

mbpm1

So last night I was looking at Shoryuken for some Chun tech and I decided to watch a few videos about super canceling and general execution. ...I had no idea that you could whiff something like crouching M kick into lightning legs and have lightning legs not come out if the C MK doesn't hit/get blocked even though you input the lightning legs motion.

But...you played makoto

cr mp buffered into hayate from distance was pretty good

Well, you know now, so no shame in that.

argh. im stuck just below 4k lp. im like, okay 1 more win and i got that gold rank trophy. game begins and the pressure is too much lmao.

next game, i win... okay 1 more win....lose again. rinse and repeat

i just want that trophy, than i can derank all the way to rookie for all i care lol. (not that im a trophy whore or anything but im just so close to it)

I.... have a really, really shameful admission to make. Those of you who have frequented SFIV's board that I've been playing for a while. I'm an 09'er who never really took the game suuuuuuuuper seriously, but definitely had a decent Makoto.

I also didn't know that I could super cancel by entering only two quarter circles, and that first quarter circle would count as one of the two that make up a super. I always tried to do THREE quarter circles (one for the thing like the lightning legs and then two more for the super) whenever I tried to cancel a move into a super. This... changes a lot. :/

Not really surprising you didn't learn/need that considering you're a makoto player. While you can play footsies with Makoto, she's not really good at it because of her slow walk speed (since fast forward/backward walk speed is pretty important for a good footsie game), so you're not really gonna be counterpoking a lot with Makoto, unlike someone like Chun-li who has good normals and a great walk speed.

cr.mp into hayate would be the only good counterpoking tool, but it's high level stuff so it's not surprising you didn't know or really need that that.

it's cool.

Man I hope the patch is next week. People were joking a few weeks ago about it coming at the very end of the month, but that's a possibility now lol.

yea, i'm getting tired. give me a rq fix now.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Love watching @Tru3ta1ent getting beat on Twitch.

For some reason he thinks his 3500LP Bison is high level lol
I have no idea why he's so popular

Maybe they're waiting for FR to be over. Don't want to break the game before a premier lol

Owensboro

Dude, I remember having that epiphany. I've played* SF since 2 and never knew about it, and then just one day it all came together learning Hugo of all people in SF IV. That was a glorious moment. Welcome to understanding a little better how everyone does such awesome stuff all the time in these games.

*mashed until IV, and even then didn't learn until figuring out there were actual tournaments for this thing...and people could do WHAT?!?

vocab

most of the activity on steamdb was a day ago, with a minor change 21 hours ago. If it's not after Final Round, then it's after NCR. Just my guess.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You know what's way more scary than it should be...a Gief that doesn't do anything except neutral jump with a life lead. Good luck with that lol

Why why why are these servers so bad today
Logging out and back in actually helped me.

Dartastic

Dude, I remember having that epiphany. I've played* SF since 2 and never knew about it, and then just one day it all came together learning Hugo of all people in SF IV. That was a glorious moment. Welcome to understanding a little better how everyone does such awesome stuff all the time in these games.

*mashed until IV, and even then didn't learn until figuring out there were actual tournaments for this thing...and people could do WHAT?!?
It really does change a lot for me and the characters that I can play. I didn't really have to deal with that much for Makoto but for characters like Chun or Ryu... it's a big deal and will probably help my execution immensely. Now if I can only get instant air stomp into lightning legs down we'll be in business.

That being said, does anyone with a decent rank who can analyze matches and stuff want to play some sets tonight and give me some advice? I feel like maybe I'm close to a breakthrough? I live on the west coast and would be down to play around 7:30 PST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom