• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second day with the game and I'm getting a little bit better at the basics. Learning more off Laura, and I went about 4/6 tonight. The two losses came from dudes who clearly have invested more time in the game than me, haha.

After SXSW dies down and I actually get some breathing time, I'd love to play some of y'all so I can identify what basics I still need to master.

DeVeAn

I play Ryu and have so much trouble with Laura. I always fall for the grab after flipping toward me. Am I supposed to tech that or light punch?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ughhhhh.
I'm playing hard survival as Cammy and on round 45 somehow Zangief (as soon as I'm able to stand up) grabs me for a spinning piledriver twice in a row and just like that it's all over. 20 minutes down the drain. *Rage*

does this make me a sexy dlc modder

I want to do cool beach costumes for the whole cast eventually so I'm glad I can get men's legs from SOMEWHERE

ssf2-vacation.jpg

eh I need to finish up Karin's outfit and then keep working on Cammy first. :D

Looking forward to it. You do great work.

And that Kinu Nishimura pic is one of my all-time favorites. I think I first saw it in a Gamefan magazine back in '96 or '97

Mediking

"I hope Capcom makes a game where Chun and I are married and have a daughter."

lol I'm almost afraid to ask but why specifically a daughter?

Hahah no creepy reason. I just wanna see a huge time skip in a future Street Fighter game where Ryu and Chun are finally married and have kids. It'll be like Goku and Chi-Chi from DBZ being married and having kids.

I think it would be pretty awesome if their kids became a lead of a game.

Heck, time skip Cammy too. Time skip Ken's kid to be a friend of Chun and Ryu's kids and also be a lead.

Potential is there for a cool generation skip.

Spman2099

Ughhhhh.
I'm playing hard survival as Cammy and on round 45 somehow Zangief (as soon as I'm able to stand up) grabs me for a spinning piledriver twice in a row and just like that it's all over. 20 minutes down the drain. *Rage*

He will walk into trips all day. You shouldn't take a single hit from him. Once you know this you will never lose to him again.

LegendX48

I play Ryu and have so much trouble with Laura. I always fall for the grab after flipping toward me. Am I supposed to tech that or light punch?

flipping toward you? You mean her v-skill kick? If yes, it's an overhead so standing block. As for grab, if its her command grab, jump. I'm not sure if lp/lk is fast enough to interrupt it.

DeVeAn

flipping toward you? You mean her v-skill kick? If yes, it's an overhead so standing block. As for grab, if its her command grab, jump. I'm not sure if lp/lk is fast enough to interrupt it.
Yes, I get so upset falling for that. Jump or lp it is. Thanks.

Gbraga

Managed to stay in Ultra Silver, by some miracle.

Like 90% of my matches today were against Chun. I suck at this match, but I guess it was good to learn the matchup from different kinds of players.

Her confirms into V-Trigger are so cool.

Frimaire

I just lost on round 41 survival with Karin.
God, I'm so mad at this game right now.
Plus, now that I'm trying to use the match searching trick, I get stuck thinking I'm fighting AI and lose a bunch of LP in the process.
So not only do I not get anything for the attempt, but now I'm actively losing LP for nothing.
I'm so fucking salty.

Must be nice to be a Ken player. Just throw out whatever and win

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a Ken player and I get my ass kicked by anybody remotely good. It's gotten to a point where as soon as the match starts, if the opp doesn't do a Jumping HK at me I know I'm gonna lose.

I just lost on round 41 survival with Karin.
God, I'm so mad at this game right now.
Plus, now that I'm trying to use the match searching trick, I get stuck thinking I'm fighting AI and lose a bunch of LP in the process.
So not only do I not get anything for the attempt, but now I'm actively losing LP for nothing.
I'm so fucking salty.

set the fight request settings to Casual matches

Mupod

Wanted to get my two accounts at parity. Got my story mode chores done on PC, got over 1000 LP and even went and did normal survival on Bison. Wasn't so bad the second time around, AI is still free to headstomps and my combos are more consistent now. Yellow Bison is nice enough in lieu of village people preorder Bison.

Hard survival...I think I'll wait for them to nerf it.

Current plan for FM spending is to spread it out between the two platforms and do dailies on both. Should be easy to get some of everything that way.

Frimaire

set the fight request settings to Casual matches

Yeah, thanks.
I considered setting it to only casual, but wouldn't that reduce the amount of matches it would find?
I'm not sure exactly how the matchmaking works in that regard, but I set it to both types and got like 10 ranked and no casual.

SlimXx

I've seriously lost probably the past 10 matches I've played. And I'm at 0 LP so it's not like I can go any lower in the ranks. This game just keeps putting me against fantastic players. For comparison I can hold my own pretty well in Mortal Kombat X. But in this I feel like I'm just wasting my time. Feels impossible. I'm using a stick, holding it correctly, done lots of training. Combos, special moves 10x each direction in a row, all that. Can't beat *anyone*. :(

I've never played a game that punishes noobs this much. There has to be other weak players out there that it can match me against instead of consistently matching me against 490LP players.

I took a look at a few of your recent replays, and a lot of what I said in this post I would also say to you:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198300271&postcount=3193

If you're looking for more personalized advice or other help, I would recommend posting in that thread; I (and others) would be happy to offer further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom