• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why he's so popular.

I think he appeals to the average British gamer, he is decent at most games he plays and seems to be a positive streamer.

It does annoy me though when he says he would be 'at a pro level' if he stuck to one game. His best game is MKX, and constantly gets beat once he faces a decent player (blaming character mismatch).

And his Bison is very average, but he claims he is a mid tier character and so will never win against everyone.

he claims he is a mid tier character and so will never win against everyone.
V8T1ie7.gif

I think they're the same.

Though the P2 side suddenly has better physics in the vs screen.
The one on the left is definitely intentional :p
Do the models on the vs screen have higher LOD than the battle models, or is it just me?
I don't think so... It's quite hard to tell because if they do, the switching is so seamless it would be quite a technical feat, considering there are so many moments in battle where they'd need to swap in the VS/cutscene LOD versions.

I'll do a test. I'll activate a CA and then go through the vid frame by frame to see if anything pops.

Man, the VS screen with Mika as p2 makes her look gigantic against certain characters:

Her pointing finger is "behind" the P1 side, so the perspective given is that she's 50 feet tall.
Yeah, the way they've done that screen is quite interesting. To avoid clipping they seem to have the characters placed really far apart geographically and then really low FOV on player 2.

Producer

didnt know that RevPeterPopoff dude got called out by Pr Rog. He RQ'd on me two times before. If only i wasnt too lazy the edit/upload the footage.

do any characters have CAs that don't have a camera cut in them or any transition between a cutscene bit and gameplay

FANG's only has the closeup that every CA has but the rest is in-game stuff.

Ryu's also only has the closeup.

Literally every one has that close-up when they the CA is inputted though and every new character is going to have that as well.

GGs, aside from a couple matches that was totally one sided. I can't land combos to save my life.

GGs, your footsies were solid. Just start looking for the hit confirms because you were doing the specials even after I blocked, it led to big damage punishes. Also work on landing your combos when punishing.

FANG's only has the closeup that every CA has but the rest is in-game stuff.

Ryu's also only has the closeup.

Literally every one has that close-up when they the CA is inputted though and every new character is going to have that as well.
Yeah it was for checking if there was a LOD transition but even Ryu's cuts right at the beginning, so there may be a LOD transition in there. I don't think there was though.

Xeteh

GGs, your footsies were solid. Just start looking for the hit confirms because you were doing the specials even after I blocked, it led to big damage punishes. Also work on landing your combos when punishing.

Yeah, I'm really bad with hit confirms and combos. I do a lot better in practice but in matches it all goes out the window.

Whales

Banned
So last night I was looking at Shoryuken for some Chun tech and I decided to watch a few videos about super canceling and general execution. ...I had no idea that you could whiff something like crouching M kick into lightning legs and have lightning legs not come out if the C MK doesn't hit/get blocked even though you input the lightning legs motion.

I also didn't know that I could super cancel by entering only two quarter circles, and that first quarter circle would count as one of the two that make up a super. I always tried to do THREE quarter circles (one for the thing like the lightning legs and then two more for the super) whenever I tried to cancel a move into a super. This... changes a lot. :/

wait..what?

HOW???

Producer

wait..what?

HOW???

Its called buffering. So you do the crMK + lightning legs input outside the range it would normally hit. So pretty much the only way it should hit is if your opponent hit a button and got beat by yours, or he dashed. If your button whiffs the legs wont come out.

Whales

Banned
Its called buffering. So you do the crMK + lightning legs input outside the range it would normally hit. So pretty much the only way it should hit is if your opponent hit a button and it got stuffed by yours. If your button whiffs the legs wont come out.

That's smart, but that guy in the post said '' iuf the opponent blocked it'' which is what got me excited the most. How does that work?

Just do the input. As long as you do it before the cr. Mk finishes.

Maybe i'm dumb but I don't get it? If I do cr.mk then do the input into legs it will cancel it, no?

Maybe i'm dumb but I don't get it? If I do cr.mk then do the input into legs it will cancel it, no?

It'll only cancel on block/hit.

The point is to make sure you space yourself so the cr.mk will whiff, unless they walk into it or press a button first (where either situation will pretty much guarantee a hit), where in it will confirm into legs assuming you input the special move.

If it whiffs, then the cr.mk won't cancel and legs won't come out.

Ideally watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQQCan5oo90

It'll teach you what you want to know in a more detailed and visual format.

Man, the VS screen with Mika as p2 makes her look gigantic against certain characters:

Her pointing finger is "behind" the P1 side, so the perspective given is that she's 50 feet tall.

“On that day, mankind received a grim reminder. We lived in fear of R. Mika, and were disgraced to live in these cages we called walls.”

Dartastic

It'll only cancel on block/hit.

The point is to make sure you space yourself so the cr.mk will whiff, unless they walk into it or press a button first (where either situation will pretty much guarantee a hit), where in it will confirm into legs assuming you input the special move.

If it whiffs, then the cr.mk won't cancel and legs won't come out.
Exactly. I never knew the bolded part. It's gonna help my footsie game a lot, haha.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Does Necalli have a smaller hurtbox than other characters? My cross-ups seem to whiff a lot against him.

Does Necalli have a smaller hurtbox than other characters? My cross-ups seem to whiff a lot against him.

Don't quote me on this, but I think when he crouches, his hurtbox goes lower than other characters (or at least really low). I remember reading this, but I could be wrong.

Producer

That's smart, but that guy in the post said '' iuf the opponent blocked it'' which is what got me excited the most. How does that work?

I think that poster just made a mistake, as it will definately cancel into legs on block. With Chun another good button to do this with is bHP.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Haha I just had the best bug. I was watching a replay from OG|Shine (CFN id: 3Dolla) about 5 minutes ago and now during my next match I had his id:

unbenanntugqay.jpg

This game has bugs you couldn't even come up with man.

edit:
unbenannt0ipz2.jpg

Ohoh.

edit2:
Yep, I restarted. It's not going away. WTF

Bluenoser

Vayne4800 is a punk.

I started recording all the RQs as I am barely silver at best :(
http://youtu.be/EXdYFUOu0uw

This is how a lot of people are going to get to Ultra Silver/Gold status when they are clearly not good enough. Makes me sick.

As someone who isn't very good (me), to have a great match against a higher ranked opponent, then to have them pull a chicken shit move like quit out is despicable. If you don't like losing get better.

I'm avoiding ranked completely until they patch it.

Dubz

I still can't get over no Blanka. Learning a new character is sucking for me. I like Rashid, but I can't seem to put any wins together. I probably lose about 75% of my games. With Blanka I was around a 55% win rate on ranked.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Made a battle lounge, got the rank 440 player in the world (a Bison). Me, only a lowly silver.

For him it was only Wednesday etc. but for me, I got bodied hard but I took 2 games off him, so I feel pretty alright about how I did. The frame traps are so real on that dude, holy crap.

Don't tell me what to do.

Well if you get blown up by a Necalli because you fucked the spiral arrow cross up, you can just blame me.

Haha I just had the best bug. I was watching a replay from OG|Shine (CFN id: 3Dolla) about 5 minutes ago and now during my next match I had his id:

unbenanntugqay.jpg

This game has bugs you couldn't even come up with man.

edit:
unbenannt0ipz2.jpg

Ohoh.

Good luck at NLBC tonight Shine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom