• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

Yeah, a lot of my problems with her stem from poor execution. Either dropped combos or bad hit confirms. Those will get me punished on any character but with Cammy's low health/stun some matches end way too fast to learn much from.

Mhmmm you sound just like me.... Spend some time with Ryu and Ken, my friend. Then go back to Cammy.

RM8

I swear 10 years ago Street Fighter fans would be making fun of this outfit if it had been in a DOA game. I'm old enough to remember those days when we didn't want SF to be more like DOA, lol.

Like I did in SF4 I wonder if I should be playing Cammy. I'm pretty bad and while some of her execution is simple I'm not sure if her 900 HP/Stun is something I should be messing with. I make too many mistakes.

Cammy was my main in SFIV and while I know her tactics, I've yet to win a match using her (both in the beta and the actual game) but have no trouble winning matches with R Mika. I think this version is just too weak health wise and priority wise as far as I can tell. Still fun to play as, but her match up requires more finesse.

That's not a stripper outfit, come on dude. There all real women who dress like that in tropical/subtropical regions, and not all of them are strippers. Are you gonna say the same thing about Urien?

Urien's the thong guy right? If so yeah his outfit sucks too. I'm not saying people don't dress like that regionally or anything, but I mean there's a difference between a crop top and a crop top with a decent amount of underboob hanging out. I don't care that much about it honestly, it was just startling and surprising after the whole R Mika spank thing being a deal worth correcting.

Keep swinging back and forth between JUST ON THE EDGE of dropping down to Super Bronze and then clawing my way back up to a small buffer.

This Zangief I just fought was awesome. It seemed like I was getting the upper hand and then goddamn CA out of nowhere. Absolutely my fault, I wasn't watching his bars. Feels bad.

qcf x2

- Some stripper outfits are less revealing, so there's that
- Some real life women (and men) don't wear clothes at all, I'd still prefer if SF characters would keep theirs :p
- Urien sucks, and it'd suck if every single male in SF wore Urien-like outfits

SF has never really been modest when it comes to female characters (Makoto and I guess Rose being the exceptions), so it's not like this is some sudden change of direction. Chun was showing booty, Cammy was basically in a one piece swimsuit doing the same and Sakura was flashing her undies with overhead kicks long before polygons were involved.

Urien sucks? Ok... my point was that you didn't really hear a lot of outcry about Urien and Gill being pretty much naked in SF3 even though that game had like zero jiggle physics for the women, and some for the guys (Dudley). I also don't think there would be much outcry if he showed up in his thong for SFV... in fact, if they change his default look you can bet there will be a lot of clamoring for the original look. I'm gonna end with that, since I'm not too proud to have retained all of that knowledge.

Urien's the thong guy right? If so yeah his outfit sucks too. I'm not saying people don't dress like that regionally or anything, but I mean there's a difference between a crop top and a crop top with a decent amount of underboob hanging out. I don't care that much about it honestly, it was just startling and surprising after the whole R Mika spank thing being a deal worth correcting.

Yeah I know what you mean, I found it surprising too. I was surprised they mostly kept Mika's outfit the same too. I expected something much safer.

ElTopo

Banned
I really hate Karin. I don't care who becomes offended by that declaration. I hate the bitch. She has no real weaknesses. She has low health but not the lowest health like Akuma -assuming that Akuma was in the game and his health would be the absolute lowest when compared to every other character- and she has no Reversal until she has meter. That's about it.

She has great pokes. She's got plenty of gimmicks with her Ressenha and Rekka followups. Multiple overhead moves. Her V-Skill is very fast, reaches about half screen distance, hits you out of the air if you neutral jump trying to bait her to do something, she can combo into the V-Skill, and it's safe/safe-ish depending on which version she does. Her Tenko is another YOLO move that allows her to get in and -unlike the V-Skill- allows her a free juggle. A blocked Tenko is supposed to -6 but for some reason it's really hard to punish online. It can't be just me who notices this. I refuse to believe it's just me just by seeing how many Karin players abuse the shit out of raw Tenko. I know how to punish it. I can punish it 10 times out of 10 at all ranges in training mode. But when I try to actually punish it in a match online, it's like "NOPE!" safe. I played a Karin scrub who mashed out EX Ressenha after I blocked the raw Tenko, and I ate the EX Ressenha as if my MP never came out and they were right next to me.

Her super does great damage. If she lands the Mujinkyaku (QCB+Kick) she has all day and all night to confirm into that super. She also has juggles with her EX moves that do massive damage. She has her EX -I'm not even going to bother to spell this fucking move- QCF+Kick that goes right through fireballs and can be used like Bison's dash for a free dash throw. She locks you right down with that 2MP then 5MP and she can easily mix that up and walk in and throw or throw in a Tenko or Ressenha or V-Skill. Oh yeah, and all versions of her Ressenha can hit you out of the air because why not?

I don't want to hear anything about her EX Ressenha is "Bad" or "Fair" okay? Yeah, you can neutral jump it but you have to be right next to her to do that. So lets say you get a knockdown in the corner and you are right next to her. You don't even need to dash in. Or let's say you scored a Crush Counter Sweep and can approach however you want. If you neutral jump as she gets up, she can still delay the EX Ressenha just like Chun's EX Spinning Bird Kick. It's nothing at all like Rashid's EX Mixer. Rashid's EX Mixer can be easily baited by jumping and you don't have to be right next to him. Plus Rashid's move has startup. It's not the same thing guys. Chun's EX Spinning Bird is fair even though that shuts down crossups. It's charge move so there's tell tale signs of when it might be coming, and if it anti-airs it does very little damage unlike Karin's EX Reversal.

So this turned into an essay and I'm probably going to be blasted by Karin mains who will act offended that I don't like their character and I have calmly and rationally explained why.

But anyway, fuck Karin, and I'm pulling for some sensible Karin nerfs. Either a damage nerf or more startup/drawbacks to the EX Ressenha. I doubt Capcom would nerf the Tenko or V-Skill in any way.

RM8

SF has never really been modest when it comes to female characters (Makoto and I guess Rose being the exceptions), so it's not like this is some sudden change of direction. Chun was showing booty, Cammy was basically in a one piece swimsuit doing the same and Sakura was flashing her undies with overhead kicks long before polygons were involved.

Urien sucks? Ok... my point was that you didn't really hear a lot of outcry about Urien and Gill being pretty much naked in SF3 even though that game had like zero jiggle physics for the women, and some for the guys (Dudley). I also don't think there would be much outcry if he showed up in his thong for SFV... in fact, if they change his default look you can bet there will be a lot of clamoring for the original look. I'm gonna end with that, since I'm not too proud to have retained all of that knowledge.
No one will ever say Street Fighter didn't have sexy designs before, but it's pretty disingenuous to pretend Cammy and Chun (especially in their low-res, pixel art versions) are the same as this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Now, Urien and Gill wear thongs, but those are two characters in a series with a massive roster, and if Urien comes back (with his thong), I'll buy you a cheap Steam game if there are camera angles that focus on him while he fondles his abs and biceps, or pretty much anything like what Laura does in her intro, lol. It's not just lack of clothes, that's why Hot Zangief, Hot Dhalsim or Hot Blanka are not a thing.

Street Fighter also has violence, but that doesn't mean going full Mortal Kombat wouldn't be off putting for some people.

I don't get how this game distributes points. I'm Super Silver right now, if I beat an Ultra Silver I get somewhere between 68-70 points. But if I lose to a Silver, I lose between 86-96 points. Why am I not get 86-96 points for beating someone one league above me, but lose that much when I lose to someone one league below me.

LegendX48

speaking of Cammy, decided to switch over to her and play some casuals... 7 match losing streak and nerves keep getting the better of me @_@

Xeteh

Cammy was my main in SFIV and while I know her tactics, I've yet to win a match using her (both in the beta and the actual game) but have no trouble winning matches with R Mika. I think this version is just too weak health wise and priority wise as far as I can tell. Still fun to play as, but her match up requires more finesse.

Weird. I've done way better with Cammy than I have with Mika. I've taken rounds off of people way better than me with Cammy but with Mika I might as well do nothing, I'm getting destroyed.

speaking of Cammy, decided to switch over to her and play some casuals... 7 match losing streak and nerves keep getting the better of me @_@

Nerves are the reason I don't play much. I try to play lounges with random GAF people at least once a day and even when there's no stakes on the match I still can't get over my nerves. It bugs me, I want to get better at this game but I cannot get out of my own head.

RM8

I kind of want to learn Cammy because I deeply miss Decapre. But it just doesn't work :p I don't think anyone has "clicked" with me outside of Sim and Karim, really... maybe Mika, she's pretty fun too.

Edzi

Made it to Ultra Silver, so I think I'm done with ranked for now. Anyone wanna do some quick sets before I call it a night?

CFN EdziPS, west coast US.

LegendX48

Weird. I've done way better with Cammy than I have with Mika. I've taken rounds off of people way better than me with Cammy but with Mika I might as well do nothing, I'm getting destroyed.

Nerves are the reason I don't play much. I try to play lounges with random GAF people at least once a day and even when there's no stakes on the match I still can't get over my nerves. It bugs me, I want to get better at this game but I cannot get out of my own head.

Idk, it's weird, sometimes I get nervous as hell, other times I'm good and loose. Just gotta play more I guess

Xeteh

I kind of want to learn Cammy because I deeply miss Decapre. But it just doesn't work :p I don't think anyone has "clicked" with me outside of Sim and Karim, really... maybe Mika, she's pretty fun too.

Cammy and Decapre both had the "Doll" thing going but they didn't really play similarly.

Idk, it's weird, sometimes I get nervous as hell, other times I'm good and loose. Just gotta play more I guess

I'm always nervous. I was hoping with 5 I would be able to bang my head against the wall but despite playing almost every day since the game launched... I haven't played much of any online.

RM8

Cammy and Decapre both had the "Doll" thing going but they didn't really play similarly.
Definitely, I never really liked Cammy in IV so it's not surprising that I don't love her V self. It's sad, because Decapre will absolutely never appear in any game again :[

Xeteh

Definitely, I never really liked Cammy in IV so it's not surprising that I don't love her V self. It's sad, because Decapre will absolutely never appear in any game again :[

Yeah, it is a bummer. I played Decapre a bit in IV and she was a blast. I'll never have the dexterity to play a charge character super well but man she was super fun to play.

Edzi

Sure CFN Bukkakecakes

I can't create lobbies because fuck Capcom, so you'll have to.

Sadly, I'm in the same boat when it comes to hosting lobbies. :( I'll give it a shot though, because why not.

EDIT: Nope, not gonna happen it seems. Anyone who has working lobbies wanna invite me?

mbpm1

I really hate Karin. I don't care who becomes offended by that declaration. I hate the bitch. She has no real weaknesses. She has low health but not the lowest health like Akuma -assuming that Akuma was in the game and his health would be the absolute lowest when compared to every other character- and she has no Reversal until she has meter. That's about it.

She has great pokes. She's got plenty of gimmicks with her Ressenha and Rekka followups. Multiple overhead moves. Her V-Skill is very fast, reaches about half screen distance, hits you out of the air if you neutral jump trying to bait her to do something, she can combo into the V-Skill, and it's safe/safe-ish depending on which version she does. Her Tenko is another YOLO move that allows her to get in and -unlike the V-Skill- allows her a free juggle. A blocked Tenko is supposed to -6 but for some reason it's really hard to punish online. It can't be just me who notices this. I refuse to believe it's just me just by seeing how many Karin players abuse the shit out of raw Tenko. I know how to punish it. I can punish it 10 times out of 10 at all ranges in training mode. But when I try to actually punish it in a match online, it's like "NOPE!" safe. I played a Karin scrub who mashed out EX Ressenha after I blocked the raw Tenko, and I ate the EX Ressenha as if my MP never came out and they were right next to me.

Her super does great damage. If she lands the Mujinkyaku (QCB+Kick) she has all day and all night to confirm into that super. She also has juggles with her EX moves that do massive damage. She has her EX -I'm not even going to bother to spell this fucking move- QCF+Kick that goes right through fireballs and can be used like Bison's dash for a free dash throw. She locks you right down with that 2MP then 5MP and she can easily mix that up and walk in and throw or throw in a Tenko or Ressenha or V-Skill. Oh yeah, and all versions of her Ressenha can hit you out of the air because why not?

I don't want to hear anything about her EX Ressenha is "Bad" or "Fair" okay? Yeah, you can neutral jump it but you have to be right next to her to do that. So lets say you get a knockdown in the corner and you are right next to her. You don't even need to dash in. Or let's say you scored a Crush Counter Sweep and can approach however you want. If you neutral jump as she gets up, she can still delay the EX Ressenha just like Chun's EX Spinning Bird Kick. It's nothing at all like Rashid's EX Mixer. Rashid's EX Mixer can be easily baited by jumping and you don't have to be right next to him. Plus Rashid's move has startup. It's not the same thing guys. Chun's EX Spinning Bird is fair even though that shuts down crossups. It's charge move so there's tell tale signs of when it might be coming, and if it anti-airs it does very little damage unlike Karin's EX Reversal.

So this turned into an essay and I'm probably going to be blasted by Karin mains who will act offended that I don't like their character and I have calmly and rationally explained why.

But anyway, fuck Karin, and I'm pulling for some sensible Karin nerfs. Either a damage nerf or more startup/drawbacks to the EX Ressenha. I doubt Capcom would nerf the Tenko or V-Skill in any way.

Damn man

Everyone has their character that they hate.

Currently for me it's Cammy. But I generally hate her in every game.

The one thing I really hate about Karin though is her st.lk, that shit drives me fucking bonkers

RM8

Yeah, it is a bummer. I played Decapre a bit in IV and she was a blast. I'll never have the dexterity to play a charge character super well but man she was super fun to play.
Wouldn't it be super cool if we'd at least get another doll debut in SFV? :p I've always liked them, I played Juni, Juli and Decapre.

Everyone has their character that they hate.
I'm pretty sure mine is Vega. My absolute most devastating loses have been against Vega :[ Maybe a bit in part because I don't know the MU at all, but jeez.

Xeteh

Wouldn't it be super cool if we'd at least get another doll debut in SFV? :p I've always liked them, I played Juni, Juli and Decapre.

Yeah, absolutely. But I can't imagine it happening with how slowly new characters will be added. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom