• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

image.php

Gimme the link to where you found this awesome avatar image!!!

Hah, I searched the source a few days ago when I saw the avatar too. The artist has some cool stuff.

qcf x2

I got bodied by a Smash player. That was literally like my 2nd time ever facing Karin in this game, but Daigo himself could not have humbled me more. In fact, I'm tempted to pick Karin up after that. She can confirm into way more damage without meter than any character I use.

I got bodied by a Smash player. That was literally like my 2nd time ever facing Karin in this game, but Daigo himself could not have humbled me more. In fact, I'm tempted to pick Karin up after that. She can confirm into way more damage without meter than any character I use.

Her whole thing is juggles and pokes.

So I finally broke and purchased SFV - I was waiting on the March update but I figured I'd go ahead and get it now to get some Fight Money in prep for Alex and the store opening...whenever.

Pros:
-Music is awesome in this.
-Really like the V-Skill/V-Trigger system
-Cammy, R. Mika, Laura feel really fun to play
-Can beat Ryu/Ken scrubs without any time in the lab, which means I've retained some skill from SFIV

Cons:
-Long ass wait time for any online matches
-Have had lag 3 out of the 7 matches I managed to actually play, despite setting connection to 4-5 bars only
-Story modes are way too short
-Laura's story mode outfit holy shit Capcom

Tonight was just a warm-up to just mess around in the limited SP content. Really want to learn Dhalsim this time around, he looks super fun from all the videos. First up though is training and learning some of R. Mina's BnBs because she's definitely going to be my main.

Neonep

Karin is unsafe though. I always get countered mid combo. Or maybe I just suck but a lot of my combos were easily interrupted.

Xeteh

So I finally broke and purchased SFV - I was waiting on the March update but I figured I'd go ahead and get it now to get some Fight Money in prep for Alex and the store opening...whenever.

Pros:
-Can beat Ryu/Ken scrubs without any time in the lab, which means I've retained some skill from SFIV

Cons:
-Have had lag 3 out of the 7 matches I managed to actually play, despite setting connection to 4-5 bars only

Tonight was just a warm-up to just mess around in the limited SP content. Really want to learn Dhalsim this time around, he looks super fun from all the videos. First up though is training and learning some of R. Mina's BnBs because she's definitely going to be my main.

...yeah. There's going to be a deeper story mode in a few months if you hadn't heard. I have no excuses for Laura's story costume, its fucking awful.

R. Mika is super fun. I play Cammy but I've messed around a bunch with Mika, I'm not good enough to play a grappler though.

Xeteh

Like I did in SF4 I wonder if I should be playing Cammy. I'm pretty bad and while some of her execution is simple I'm not sure if her 900 HP/Stun is something I should be messing with. I make too many mistakes.

Pros:

Cons:

Holy shit in a good way, right?

I don't understand what's happening. Is everyone else getting better but me? I was once almost silver, now I'm struggling to stay in super bronze at around 1200LP with brief glimses of 1300 now and again.

WTF is going on with me?? Has anyone else gone through this?

hamchan

I don't understand what's happening. Is everyone else getting better but me? I was once almost silver, now I'm struggling to stay in super bronze at around 1200LP with brief glimses of 1300 now and again.

WTF is going on with me?? Has anyone else gone through this?

It's just the bronze level being filled with 90% of the player base. So some days you could fight someone really bad, other times you can fight someone that's pretty good.

Zackat

It's just the bronze level being filled with 90% of the player base. So some days you could fight someone really bad, other times you can fight someone that's pretty good.

the variance is pretty incredible. but apparently the ranked system is just fine.

...yeah. There's going to be a deeper story mode in a few months if you hadn't heard. I have no excuses for Laura's story costume, its fucking awful.

R. Mika is super fun. I play Cammy but I've messed around a bunch with Mika, I'm not good enough to play a grappler though.

Yeah, I know the "actual" story mode is coming later - but the stuff they provided as SP content for the out-of-the-box version is just too short. Not even best 2 out of 3 matches? C'mon, son.

I'm really surprised I took to R. Mika as quick as I did. My mains in SFIV were Cammy and Dudley, so I'm not usually a grappler. But I really like a lot of R. Mika's normals and set-ups, and can do some decent minor combos with her without any trouble. Both in the Beta and against 0 LP scrubs I am pretty much wrecking with her - I think I'll be in trouble once I start fighting people who actually know what they're doing though.

Holy shit in a good way, right?

If I wanted to see women wearing stripper outfits, I'd go to a strip club not play a video game.

Welcome back! There is a strong presence of Mika army here!

Edzi

Anyone who's Ultra Silver or above wanna play me? I need to start training with people above my level since I don't feel like I've been improving lately.

CFN EdziPS, west coast US.

qcf x2

If I wanted to see women wearing stripper outfits, I'd go to a strip club not play a video game.

That's not a stripper outfit, come on dude. There all real women who dress like that in tropical/subtropical regions, and not all of them are strippers. Are you gonna say the same thing about Urien?

tariniel

Anyone feel like playing some light-hearted games so I can practice some alts? I just started playing Vega and Ryu (less than 10 matches with each) and just want to play without waiting 5mins for casual matches. I can't join anyones lounge and when I make one no one joins - but I usually don't have this problem with lounges (are they down?).

I'm in South Western US.

Fighter ID: rAyjis

LegendX48

Like I did in SF4 I wonder if I should be playing Cammy. I'm pretty bad and while some of her execution is simple I'm not sure if her 900 HP/Stun is something I should be messing with. I make too many mistakes.

I was maining Cammy back when the game launched and got massacred pretty often. I ended up switching over to using Laura and my Cammy got a bit better as a result.

In other words, I'd say you should try messing around with the other characters, and once you feel comfortable with them come back to Cammy and see how you do.

Mediking

I'm also a Cammy main and I've said this plenty of times... Her health is pretty bad so we constantly gotta be moving to win. There is no "waiting game" for Cammy mains. We have to get close and personal.

Xevren

On numerous occasions online I used the senha kusabi (quarter circle back into low kick) and right before the low kick I would get counter and that's after landing the 1st two hits.

Sounds weird, what are you linking into it? It even links from lights so sounds like you're doing it late.

Xeteh

I was maining Cammy back when the game launched and got massacred pretty often. I ended up switching over to using Laura and my Cammy got a bit better as a result.

In other words, I'd say you should try messing around with the other characters, and once you feel comfortable with them come back to Cammy and see how you do.

I'm also a Cammy main and I've said this plenty of times... Her health is pretty bad so we constantly gotta be moving to win. There is no "waiting game" for Cammy mains. We have to get close and personal.

Yeah, a lot of my problems with her stem from poor execution. Either dropped combos or bad hit confirms. Those will get me punished on any character but with Cammy's low health/stun some matches end way too fast to learn much from.

RM8

That's not a stripper outfit, come on dude. There all real women who dress like that in tropical/subtropical regions, and not all of them are strippers. Are you gonna say the same thing about Urien?
- Some stripper outfits are less revealing, so there's that
- Some real life women (and men) don't wear clothes at all, I'd still prefer if SF characters would keep theirs :p
- Urien sucks, and it'd suck if every single male in SF wore Urien-like outfits

Xeteh

I think that is a poor comparison. At least compared to Laura's story mode outfit. If she was wearing a bikini it might be more revealing but if anyone wearing her story mode's shirt and they moved at all... tits would be out. Its a really stupid costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom