• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

They don't want this.. they clearly specified they no longer need videos of this and have their own way of detecting drops.

It seems everyone read haunts' initial post with the call to action, and then no one paid attention to the detailed post about how they (finally) developed their own method. For some reason, hardly anyone has acknowledged or given Capcom credit for this feat D:

Give them credit for what feat? There are still rage quitters everywhere.

Caj814

Or maybe they are saving the trailer for at Final Round?

rDRpMdQ.gif

I know people are hyped but not many had that called right from the start considering how quiet they were from late feb to early march.

Coda

The same people that decided Mika's f.HP needed to be + on block. Oh and crush counterable. But then again, nearly all HP/HK are crush counters.

I think it's fine that it's plus on block, you need to basically be touching the opponent for it to hit.

Pompadour

rDRpMdQ.gif

I know people are hyped but not many had that called right from the start considering how quiet they were from late feb to early march.

Yeah, they waited until a tournament or industry event for almost every character reveal. I don't see why that would change that now especially with Capcom wanting to put focus on the CPT.

qcf x2

Who decided to make Bison's df.hp and st.hk + on block? That's so stupid

Don't forget he also has a parry and goes full screen in 2 dashes, his super obliterates jump ins like no other, said super can be confirmed from entirely unpunishable shit like cr mp, scissors, he pretty much will never be crush countered, etc. And yet somehow I am fully expecting Capcom to give him an invincible uppercut, the only thing he is missing to be an SNK boss.

I swear throughout casual and my brief time in ranked, I've barely fought half the cast. Ryu, Ken, Nash, Chun and Laura are all I get matched with. Occasionally Mika and Vega. Any other match up and I can quite easily get wrecked not knowing what's coming.

jett

D-Member
People complain about Chun being broken, but after playing Mika for a while she feels kinda brokes. It's so easy to do a lotta damage with her and she requires virtually no execution skill at all. The way her rope move works can't be as it was originally conceived.

Grakl

People complain about Chun being broken, but after playing Mika for a while she feels kinda brokes. It's so easy to do a lotta damage with her and she requires virtually no execution skill at all. The way her rope move works can't be as it was originally conceived.
How do you think it should work

jett

D-Member
How do you think it should work

Well I'm glad it works the way it does. :p But I'm not sure it was meant to easily make your opponent bounce from the middle of the stage by just dashing backwards. I think this actually didn't work in the last beta, right? It seems OP to me. If you dash forward you can even combo her anti-air special with the guy with both feet planted on the ground.

Damn it, tonight is my 'fuck this game, I've had enough' night.
I've lost 90% of my matches and I'm feeling very disheartened.

Been reading a lot of pro tips that say learn how to block correctly, be patient and punish.

I am a patient player, I tend to turtle and poke a lot, and while my defence is pretty good, I can block most cross-ups and mixups now, but everyone I've played tonight just seems to be relentlessly aggressive and are just wearing me down. Bah.

Ferrio

Banned
Well I'm glad it works the way it does. :p But I'm not sure it was meant to easily make your opponent bounce from the middle of the stage by just dashing backwards. I think this actually didn't work in the last beta, right? It seems OP to me. If you dash forward you can even combo her anti-air special with the guy with both feet planted on the ground.

It worked originally, they took it away one beta, realized that she needed it and put it back in.

The stumble is considered airborne, that's why her anti air special works.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This game is giving me 6 opponents in a row with way more LP than me. "I guess 2k and 4k is both silver" is apparently how the matchmaking works.

Yeah, and they're not even trying to hide it. I had one by the name of "saltyman86".
Said it here before, but I literally played "KingOfRagequit" yesterday and he ragequit.

This game is giving me 6 opponents in a row with way more LP than me. "I guess 2k and 4k is both silver" is apparently how the matchmaking works.

Said it here before, but I literally played "KingOfRagequit" yesterday and he ragequit.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

mbpm1

I think I've finally reached the esteemed realm of Ragequitters, often spoken of but rarely seen by some. It is cleverly hidden in the Silver ranks, and many dwell within this place, waiting for their chance to hit Alt+F4.

Damn it, tonight is my 'fuck this game, I've had enough' night.
I've lost 90% of my matches and I'm feeling very disheartened.

Been reading a lot of pro tips that say learn how to block correctly, be patient and punish.

I am a patient player, I tend to turtle and poke a lot, and while my defence is pretty good, I can block most cross-ups and mixups now, but everyone I've played tonight just seems to be relentlessly aggressive and are just wearing me down. Bah.

Watch. Your. Matches. Its amazing to me how often something you didn't even realize the opponent was doing is what ends up being your downfall in sets. I've had several other gaffers i've played that opened my eyes to some basic mistakes I constantly do. I'm a much better player now (even though i'm stuck in Ultra Bronze). But i'm getting there. Once my AA game is down, i'll finally get to where i'm hoping to be at in this game.

Ame

I still have no clue how matchmaking works. I was watching one of Daigo's replays and he was playing a dude with a little over 1800LP (Ultra Bronze). He had well over 8000LP (Platinum). How does that even happen?

Neoxon

yeah wifi is prolly the culprit ;P, also one more thing, you threw me out of the corner a couple of times, which I think cost you those rounds. Vega has a really tough time in the corner, especially against a frame trap monster like karin.
I know I do it too sometimes since you are prolly just holding back to block while also pressing throw, but for karin is pretty important to not let them get out of that corner so she can bully them into pressing buttons.
I'll add that to the list of habits to break.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Don't forget he also has a parry and goes full screen in 2 dashes, his super obliterates jump ins like no other, said super can be confirmed from entirely unpunishable shit like cr mp, scissors, he pretty much will never be crush countered, etc. And yet somehow I am fully expecting Capcom to give him an invincible uppercut, the only thing he is missing to be an SNK boss.

As a Bison player, I can only say...

sfa3ryu3.gif

Love the evil, fear the evil.

Baleoce

PC players:

Are the latest NVIDIA drivers safe to install? I know there were issues with 362 and blue screens etc.

362.00 is stable. It's the 364.xx that had/(has?) issues. But to answer your question anecdotally, I'm Win10 64bit + dual-monitor (the supposed source of the issue), with 364.51 and I've not ran into any problems. I'd still have a gander at the nvidia forums though.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
362.00 is stable. It's the 364.xx that had/(has?) issues. But to answer your question anecdotally, I'm Win10 64bit + dual-monitor (the supposed source of the issue), with 364.51 and I've not ran into any problems. I'd still have a gander at the nvidia forums though.

Thx for the reply, and yes, I meant 364.xx. Will definitely read up some more before installing.

We won't see Alex and the patch until after NCR. Bank on it.

March 29th release confirmed.

I was hoping they would release the patch right before FR so I can see people get blown up because of the jump frame changes.

Thx for the reply, and yes, I meant 364.xx. Will definitely read up some more before installing.
I am running a single monitor and it works fine. I haven't tried dual on it yet. I unplugged my 2nd monitor due to an upgrade and because of the forums but people with 2 seem to be either good or not. If you are wary of updating then hold off or just do a custom clean install of the driver to be safe.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Think I've peaked at ultra gold for now. Maybe I should actually spend some time in training mode and actually learn matchups proper.

Ultra Gold. Geez. GAF is full of killers. I tell my best friend, dude, we ain't SHIT at Street Fighter. This after he texts me that he finally made it to 1400+ LP and was on an 8 game win streak. We have played SF for years and years. Still ain't shit. We are both still renting space in Scrubville, except maybe we can afford penthouses. Maybe.

Spman2099

My execution errors...are godlike and win me matches.

If only I knew to do them deliberately,

Ha, tell me about it. I am sure the guy I was playing last night must have given me a standing applause when I used Mika's EX-Wingless Airplane to finish the match. The only thing is, I actually wanted to do her EX-Flying Peach, but I slipped and pressed the kicks instead of the punches.

Similarly, dropping your combo and it turning into a reset that does WAY more damage is pretty funny.

Ultra Gold. Geez. GAF is full of killers. I tell my best friend, dude, we ain't SHIT at Street Fighter. This after he texts me that he finally made it to 1400+ LP and was on an 8 game win streak. We have played SF for years and years. Still ain't shit. We are both still renting space in Scrubville, except maybe we can afford penthouses. Maybe.

Yeah, right now I bounce between ultra bronze and silver. I think I will end up sitting in the middle of silver when all is said and done. I don't know if I will ever hit gold, unless all the current players in gold move up the ranks, creating a weaker playing field.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I just played a 4k LP Ryu and we're heaving a great back and forth, both win a round and suddenly lag like he's playing from Mars in the third round. I was out of there.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";198561041]So you rage quit?[/QUOTE]
If you alt-tab to make it laggy, I quit, yes.

Ha, tell me about it. I am sure the guy I was playing last night must have given me a standing applause when I used Mika's EX-Wingless Airplane to finish the match. The only thing is, I actually wanted to do her EX-Flying Peach, but I slipped and pressed the kicks instead of the punches.

Similarly, dropping your combo and it turning into a reset that does WAY more damage is pretty funny.

The amount of times I have done a cross up with Mika, intended to do command grab but brain farted and did wingless aeroplane instead... and it hits, has amazed me. Clearly people jump to avoid the grab lol.

L9AMX4.gif

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

I've wasted way too much of my time for the past 20 years playing these kinds of games, so in the end you probably win, and I should be better than I am all things considered.

Still feel like I'm in scrubtown when it comes to understanding neutral beyond a base level. But I played Chun in 4 for the last few years of that game so I probably have a leg up on the 99% of people who played 4 like "do risky, unsafe shit to get in then run BS pressure" since that doesn't work so well in this game.

Christ, send some of that LP my way, you lunatic.

Who do you play as?

Choon.

well....yes.

oh ok. I quit if the match is too laggy and I assume people would do the same to me. Why would anyone continue playing the match like that? I have never rage quit because of a legitimate loss, and believe me, I have lost a LOT. But if I hit the person, and 1 second later he regains the health and I get hit instead, yes, I'm out of there.

Ferrio

Banned
Excuse for what? The round just started and he was obviously alt-tabbing.

Okay let's say you're right. Alt tabbing only shifts lag from one player to the other, it didn't create it. Meaning those first two rounds that were perfect for you were unplayable like the last round for him.

He didn't puss out those first two but soon as you get a taste you RQ.

Regardless I bet it wasn't even an alt tab, you just wanted an excuse to bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom