• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

brian!

It depends on what stuff comes out of his new moves i think, since (afaik) the lariat nerf isnt too significant. So far im reading you can meaty vt off his counter and this video (https://mobile.twitter.com/hameko/status/869682535860535296) shows a cmd grab punish with his headbutt and vt.

But yeh im all for more muscle power. I dunno how i feel about the stun from headbutt, a normal punish combo off of a whiffed dp gives around 75% stun

Syntsui

Netherrealm games always had great lobbies, people straight up created country themed lobbies where you can individually challenge up to a hundred different players.

Skilletor

Ya ain't wrong.

tumblr_ng3psawsCh1sdhuzuo1_500.gif

Your fetish is showing.

Fasting is getting to you.
39°C, felt like 42°C. HOT wind blowing in my face, and no air conditioning with 15 hour fasts. It'd get to you too.

Your fetish is showing.
And I was hiding it so well :(

I think you need some Senran Kagura in your life.
Too much button mashing. Fighting games are the happy medium where I can have the "good stuff" but not have the mind numbing, soul-crushing elements of grind and tedium.

Which reminds me, I really need to try out BlazBlue one of these days.

-5 oB.

The Capcpom balancing team are a bunch of morons.

Removing the frame-1 armour would have been a better nerf, along with making it -4.

FluxWaveZ

-5 oB.

The Capcpom balancing team are a bunch of morons.

Removing the frame-1 armour would have been a better nerf, along with making it -4.

Removing frame 1 armor on V-Trigger EX Bullhead? That would suck!

I'm glad Laura can't punish it at all except for with her CA, despite being -5 oB. Though, here's a tip: V-Triggered Birdie's EX Bullhead can be punished oB by Laura's st.MK. Something about the pushback of the V-Trigger version leaves him closer.

It wasn't a balancing issue, but a "fun" issue. People hated getting hit by it. This goes back to my point where it's important to balance "fun" and "balance" in general, because if people don't have "fun" they aren't going to stick around. People whined about that move and now look at where we are.

To be fair, I still think Birdie has a lot of fun stuff to compensate, more so than other people. He's just not the character I want.

I'm glad Laura can't punish it at all except for with her CA, despite being -5 oB. Though, here's a tip: V-Triggered Birdie's EX Bullhead can be punished oB by Laura's st.MK. Something about the pushback of the V-Trigger version leaves him closer.

I did not know that. I was respecting Lauras way too much.

Shadoken

why birdie ex bullwhatever have so much pushback b

why

Because then he would get punished for doing it. And then Birdie players would actually have to use their brain when throwing it out. And there will be none of that in SFV. Despite almost all other armor moves being punishable on block.

It wasn't a balancing issue, but a "fun" issue. People hated getting hit by it. This goes back to my point where it's important to balance "fun" and "balance" in general, because if people don't have "fun" they aren't going to stick around. People whined about that move and now look at where we are.

To be fair, I still think Birdie has a lot of fun stuff to compensate, more so than other people. He's just not the character I want.
It's really not that difficult.

Have EX bullhead have frame-3 armor so it's not a viable wakeup option, but can still be riskily done in the middle of block strings or as a reaction to a fireball.

Have EX Bullhorn have frame-1 armor so it's a viable wakeup option even outside of V-Trigger, and allows you to armour through multi hit meaties so even against characters like FANG or Ryu, armour is still a viable option.

It wouldn't make the character any less "fun" IMO.

This is the classic risk/reward factor all over again. it's why Urien is as strong as he is. It's why Balrog is so unfun to play against.

I can't go crazy at all. Let me go crazy capcom. I know he'd be broken but lemme go nuts.

What the hell are you talking about?

giphy.gif

They nerfed his V-Trigger Bullhead but forgot to do the same for his normal EX Bullhead.

kirblar

Laura can punish EX Bullhead V-Trigger version, but only on the first hit - there's more frame advantage for her to work with.

I don't mean "I have meter so I can go crazy" I mean like "Hi I'm Urien I can go nutty all day" kinda deal.

But I did not know he still can't be punished as well so I'mma stick with him.

Ryce

This probably sounds dumb, but the game is so much more enjoyable to me without the godawful shadow dithering. It's the highlight of the patch for me.

This probably sounds dumb, but the game is so much more enjoyable to me without the godawful shadow dithering. It's the highlight of the patch for me.

It made the Union Station stage something to pick and not recoil in disgust at after seeing the characters.

luce we need to try a lobby again, I refuse to believe our connection is that bad.
For sure. I actually changed providers now, and this one is a LOT more stable than the previous one.

Can't really try right now, it's almost 1 AM here and I need to get some sleep for a full day of Tekken 7 tomorrow.

EDIT: I accepted your friend request on CFN earlier btw.

HardRojo

Karin's 8th trial is some bullshit. WTF do they want from me? Timing perfect to the milisecond?
Edi: Finally! Had to wait a few frames after VT activations, but still, Karin's trials are probably the hardest.
Edit 2: And I finish trial 9 and 10 on the first try lol.

MCD250

6 of her trials are like ' jump fierce. target combo spiral arrow' ' jump ROUNDHOUSE target combo spiral arrow'
Heh, pretty much. I think the only one that I don't really do, because I'm terrible at hit-confirming combos with exact frame timing like that, is CH cLP > sMP > cMK xx SA. I've seen folks like Kbrad and Xiao Hai do that a lot at tournaments.

Top Bottom