• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

CFN Update:

• Friendlist/Blacklist is cool
  • New trials are actual good BnBs for characters. Some are actually challening too which is great
  • Netcode is still in the same place of being borderline trash, having tons of people on the server probably doesn't help. I thought they said they were moving to a new server? Or did it not make a difference
  • Ed is.. not for me. Not meshing with the way he plays. Specials not connecting at max range cr.MK really hinders him a bit imo
  • Training mode settings get saved now which should've been here day 1 but I'm fine with having it day 500 I guess
  • Ed's story mode was cool
  • rip laura :(

DKL

daigo ryu is back? PogChamp

I think my favorite thing about the Red Bull tourney or whatever was that Daigo intro where he was like THIS IS MY CHARACTER...

Then there's a disclaimer in the end where, in an emotional turn of events, he switched to Guile for eleague lol

I don't know, check the credits?

And the modder argument is kind of dumb. They put out a lot of stuff that isn't better than the official product (that classic Alex mod is shit) but people claim it's superior to stick a thumb in Capcom's eye. And none of those mods have hair that moves so it just looks like an uprezzed SF4 model.

I'm guessing you don't know BrutalAce's work?

Got a PS4 today, together with SF V and RE7. Why the fuck does it take so long to find a match? Got ranked with someone with level 5 connection and it was still painfully laggy. I'm wired and have 100mbs download / 30 upload.

Open up those ports boyz

Or is it port forward. I forgot.

FluxWaveZ

well daigo'ssaying he thinks ed is weak but i don't think he's tested the character at all

Yeah, neither Fuudo or Daigo knew anything about him before that match. Just a quick judgement, but definitely not conclusive.

Though, I could see it more than the people saying they think he's top tier, for now.

mbpm1

Spent some FM on ed to try and figure him out. I still don't get him. Playing him feels like a random ball of gimmicks at anywhere besides right next to your opponent

Numb

Spent some FM on ed to try and figure him out. I still don't get him. Playing him feels like a random ball of gimmicks at anywhere besides right next to your opponent

If my opponent isn't near im pressing f.mp strings
He has a great dash too and if they like to stand there then it's full charge vskill and close range starts

I feel like Ed is great at taking a successful defensive attack and turning it into great pressure. Like a jumping mp into air vskill.

btw, I LOVE that jumping mp.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What might make me stop playing Ed is how specials just whiff at certain ranges if you cancel normals into them. That's one of the most frustrating things in 2D fighters and he seems to have that problem more than most other characters.

I'm guessing you don't know BrutalAce's work?
Had to laugh at this Kolin skin: NSFW

Skilletor

What might make me stop playing Ed is how specials just whiff at certain ranges if you cancel normals into them. That's one of the most frustrating things in 2D fighters and he seems to have that problem more than most other characters.

Had to laugh at this Kolin skin: NSFW

Yeah, his input method really hurts him. It's like he only has jab versions of the upper.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's specifically the up-kicks combo ender, I think. I saw one Ed player at WNF, doing well overall, but losing the match because of it. And that player is a lot better than I might ever be, so yeah.

But I like tits

Then don't watch anime.

WqnZQOY.gif

Got a PS4 today, together with SF V and RE7. Why the fuck does it take so long to find a match? Got ranked with someone with level 5 connection and it was still painfully laggy. I'm wired and have 100mbs download / 30 upload.
You could be on a gigabit fiber connection and it wouldn't matter if you get matched up with some McDonald's wifi warrior.

Vega's stage does causes the game to Desync. It happened to me when me and my opponent are both on PC. First game was smooth, then the cage dropped and the game starts to stutter.

And guess who's back

I think it also causes the 8001 error. It only ever happened to me on this stage. This is from game one before the desync. Truly a banned stage for CPT online.

01140D975992F838B00309A504C49932D803968E

LakeEarth

Yeah the fact that ALL of his specials from d.mk will whiff at a certain distance means he can't do basic things like buffering a special in case someone walks into your normal. I'm fine if this was true for some of his specials, but not ALL of them. Just give his f.mp a little extra range or something.

I think it also causes the 8001 error. It only ever happened to me on this stage. This is from game one before the desync. Truly a banned stage for CPT online.

Huh, that's interesting. I'll have to pay attention to when I get those errors.
I got one last night, but while I don't remember the stage there was a good chance that it was that stage since that was in heavy rotation.

MCD250

Feel like the new trials may have been based on combos and things that Capcom has seen pros doing in tournaments and such. Some definitely feel more advanced than the original trials.

Top Bottom