• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MCD250

Thing about getting new CAs is that it would be mostly for the visual novelty rather than anything else, as the current CAs are already versatile enough to cover most of the uses that the selectable supers/ultras in the old games had. New V-stuff (V-Skills, V-Triggers, etc.), on the other hand, is a more interesting proposition as they can potentially be given different applications than the stuff that we currently have.

Rymuth

That sounds like good guesstimating bullshit right there.

Edit for one thing Kolins story takes place before the events of the game.
While i do agree that it sounds like bs, you can still say Kolin's story is a set-up for the next storyline since it features Gill.

Shadoken

That leak seems half BS , half believable.

On one hand I think doing a Super SFV update would help the game's sales. A semi relaunch to get the game in the minds of gamers again. While also fixing alot of issues casuals had with the launch.

Problem is this will affect them in the long term. Gamers will once again not believe in Capcom when SFVI comes out and they will just do the "I'll wait for Super SFVI".

kirblar

On one hand I think doing a Super SFV update would help the game's sales. A semi relaunch to get the game in the minds of gamers again. While also fixing alot of issues casuals had with the launch.

Problem is this will affect them in the long term. Gamers will once again not believe in Capcom when SFVI comes out and they will just do the "I'll wait for Super SFVI".
Retailers have been trying to move out vanilla SFV stock for a while now. Some sort of baseline retail replacement was clearly slated to come down the pipeline sooner rather than later.

The name change is a good thing to get attention and sales, hopefully there wouldn't be too many dummies thinking that buying in early was a bad thing or that people got "screwed" here, etc.

Retailers have been trying to move out vanilla SFV stock for a while now. Some sort of baseline retail replacement was clearly slated to come down the pipeline sooner rather than later.

The name change is a good thing to get attention and sales, hopefully there wouldn't be too many dummies thinking that buying in early was a bad thing or that people got "screwed" here, etc.

And on top of that there's going to be all the people incorrectly crying "they said they'd never do a Super!"

Mr. X

New CAs would be a waste of resources. No one is suffering from a shitty super, they're all easy to combo into and invincible for mashing.

Shadoken

Thats the main issue here.

Your average gamer who bought SFV at launch and then sold it coz it had nothing is gonna see Super SFV retail disc and then be like.
"Holy shit this game is so much better than when i played SFV at launch. Am never buying a Capcom Fighter at launch again."

And on top of that there's going to be all the people incorrectly crying "they said they'd never do a Super!"

This too. Even if its a free update. idk how it will work out for Capcom in the end.

MrCarter

I think the difference is that, this update will be free for current owners and the retail/digital release will be for those that were on the fence or missed out on the initial game.

Your average gamer who bought SFV at launch and then sold it coz it had nothing is gonna see Super SFV retail disc and then be like.
"Holy shit this game is so much better than when i played SFV at launch. Am never buying a Capcom Fighter at launch again."

Oh that will happen for sure (I mean the FGC cry about literally everything) but you can't please everyone unfortunately.

I mean, I think those things are coming, but I dunno. It feels like those features are coming sooner rather than all the way sometime at the end of this year/next year. With the CFN done they don't have much to do for the next couple of months. I do think they are gonna add onto the base of this game and flesh it out more, maybe do some special mode for the "Super" release. But `I can't see them waiting that long for things like Extra Battle unless they have other pieces of content planned.

Blueblur1

I just noticed Capcom made a small correction to the 2.1 patch notes. Guile only.

Revision History
Jun 2,2017

The following are corrections for items that were mistakenly listed on the adjustment list.

Guile
- Sonic Break:
Mistaken: V-Timer gauge consumption restored to the 2016 Ver.
Corrected: V-Timer gauge consumption restored to the 2016 Ver. for the first and second shots of Sonic Break. No changes for the V-Timer gauge consumption for the third shot onward.

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/adjust/201705?lang=en

--

And Combofiend's Capcom Unity blog post was updated as well. It reflects the same change.

Sonic Breaker (Updated June 1st 2017)
V-Timer gauge consumption restored to Season 1 V-Timer for the first and second shots of Sonic Break. No changes for the V-Timer gauge consumption for the third shot onward.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2017/03/15/street-fighter-v-season-2-balance-update

Neoxon

I mean, I guess the guy's list would make sense, & Alex Valle's tweet flying under the radar kinda reminds me of how the Season 2 leak flew above everyone's heads.

If that S3 leak is true then blehhh Ibuki and Sakura in the same game again, enough with the bubbly schoolgirls, I want my hardened one.

And if you can show me anyone who ever wanted Oro in the game I can show you a liar.

MrCarter

If that S3 leak is true then blehhh Ibuki and Sakura in the same game again, enough with the bubbly schoolgirls, I want my hardened one.

And if you can show me anyone who ever wanted Oro in the game I can show you a liar.

You calling me a liar?! lol

Oro is a great character.

That is a good list for season 3 DLC characters. Not gonna hold my breath, though.
New CAs would be a waste of resources. No one is suffering from a shitty super, they're all easy to combo into and invincible for mashing.
Yep, new v-skills, v-triggers and v-reversals are needed far more than critical arts. The latter won't do anything at all for weaker characters.
Please oh please give Hsien-Ko a chance at redemption for MvCI
She got done dirty and she'll never be fixed. Just like Alex will always be permabutt for 99% of users in SFV.

Shadoken

S3 leak has waaay too many SF3 characters. Not to mention NEcro and Oro are at the bottom barrell in that popularity list Capcom did and Viper was also on the bottom half.
But I guess that makes the list somewhat believable. They wanna try to balance out the popularity.

Neoxon

S3 leak has waaay too many SF3 characters. Not to mention NEcro and Oro are at the bottom barrell in that popularity list Capcom did and Viper was also on the bottom half.

But I guess that makes the list somewhat believable. They wanna try to balance out the popularity.
To be fair, Oro was teased in the SFV character stories, plus there's that one premium figurine that's being made for him.

Shadoken

To be fair, Oro was teased in the SFV character stories, plus there's that one premium figurine that's being made for him.

Thats true. The list does look very believable. All of them have had very noticeable teases. Necro was also in the Halloween stage and Viper/Sakura was in story mode.

Actually even S2 was somewhat balanced in terms of reps. Akuma - SF2 , Kolin - SF3 , Ed,Menat - SFV , Abigail - FF , Zeku - Alpha.

Am assuming Abigail and Zeku will tease FF vets for the inevitable FF themed Season 4 :D

Blueblur1

And Necro is in the background of the Halloween stage. Foreshadowing like they did with Alex? Maybe? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scotia

Banned
Out of all the characters on that list, Necro is the one I really hope is true the most. Necro's awesome, I think he's a really underrated character.

Neoxon

Thats true. The list does look very believable. All of them have had very noticeable teases. Necro was also in the Halloween stage and Viper/Sakura was in story mode.

Actually even S2 was somewhat balanced in terms of reps. Akuma - SF2 , Kolin - SF3 , Ed,Menat - SFV , Abigail - FF , Zeku - Alpha.

Am assuming Abigail and Zeku will tease FF vets for the inevitable FF themed Season 4 :D
And Necro is in the background of the Halloween stage. Foreshadowing like they did with Alex? Maybe? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I believe the only one on that list who wasn't either already mentioned by Sneakers or teased in-game is Q. And even then, Crimson Viper's CFN Portal bio says that she's currently investigating him.

Either way, I'd be somewhat inclined to believe the list of characters just based on Alex Valle's tweet, not so much because of the Reddit guy.

tumblr_oqt3pec4gY1ug82i3o1_1280.png

source

I wonder is Ed will meet Abel in S3

Kikirin

https://youtu.be/IY9_0jO12aY?t=2m48s

So why does the cr.mk hit after the psycho spark here? I've tried all sorts of different combos but it only seems to work in the corner with this exact same combo.

It doesn't work if I start the combo with a CH cr.mp or CH cr.mk. Makes no sense to me.

Maybe it's a spacing thing? It'd need to be at the right distance for the first part of it to connect while being out far enough such that the second part doesn't hit on the first possible frame.

MCD250

Had a nice day online today. Got an 11 win streak in ranked, then ended the day with a neutral-heavy casual match against a Ryu which was a lot of fun. GGs to him, I'm sorry I had to run out after the first game.

ElFly

Thing about getting new CAs is that it would be mostly for the visual novelty rather than anything else, as the current CAs are already versatile enough to cover most of the uses that the selectable supers/ultras in the old games had. New V-stuff (V-Skills, V-Triggers, etc.), on the other hand, is a more interesting proposition as they can potentially be given different applications than the stuff that we currently have.

just give 720 grab supers to most of the cast, that's diff enough for everyone

Pompadour

Yeah, I agree. Each CA does basically everything anyway so the game would need to be overhauled to justify new CAs like introducing multi-stock supers a la 3S.

I'm not putting any stock into this "leak", but that would be an absolutely awful S3 set of characters.

Why would that be an awful set of S3 characters? As far as I know, the two highest requested characters are Sagat & Sakura - this covers that. The rest of the cast has unique playstyles that don't really overlap with what is currently in SFV.

Btw, not confirming or denying what this person is positing. Just saying - I don't think that this list would be underwhelming in the slightest.

Shadoken

Why would that be an awful set of S3 characters? As far as I know, the two highest requested characters are Sagat & Sakura - this covers that. The rest of the cast has unique playstyles that don't really overlap with what is currently in SFV.

Btw, not confirming or denying what this person is positing. Just saying - I don't think that this list would be underwhelming in the slightest.

Pack it up boys.. official confirmation right there.

Pompadour

I agree it would be a pretty good season (I need Q and Oro is great) but Necro is kind of an odd choice. I kind of expected Sagat or Sakura this year due to all the "haters will be left behind" stuff. Like I assumed there would be a big surprise this year as opposed to a year of decent updates that slowly make the game what it should have been initially.

Wasn't Alex mediocre->bad in all incarnations of SF3 though? I'm inclined at this point to think that his base character design has a lot of issues.
It was more like they were always cautious about making top tier grapplers and Alex has always had tools that should theoretically work for everything. His big body grab super that could do huge damage could be jumped out of on reaction (even scrubs could jump out of it), his fullscreen autotracking air hitbox posessing EX stomp got nerfed to hell in SFV, his spiral DDT which could be an indispensable midrange grab tool went from sucking ass in 3S to oblivion in SFV, his boomerang raid SA could literally whiff ON HIT in 3S and these are just some of the examples. In 3S he has a more varied toolset, but he lacks good combo paths, his command grabs are too slow, his SAs are garbage and parries kill most of his mixup buttons. In SFV he gets big damage at close range far more easily with f.HP crush counters, his AA game is a bit stronger, he has TONS of combos in comparison and his v-trigger is actually pretty good. Unfortunately in SFV he frustratingly lacks answers for pressure (because frame one armor on EX slash elbow is such a simple and major fix dammit), close range jump ins DESTROY him, his midrange combo potential is terrible, he lacks punishing high/low mixup buttons and his command grabs lack range/speed/oki. Capcom just has plans in mind for characters they want players and viewers to see. Alex along with some other characters just happen to not be a part of those plans.

That list is dope because it has Sakura and Oro in it but it is also shit because it has Necro and no Honda.
i've been preaching that necalli is top 3 forever but nobody hears me.

while other characters in VT are scary as shit --- them shits actually run out. Necalli's really should end when he uses CA or some shit.
Hey, I've been agreeing with you from the very beginning that Necalli is one of the best characters in the game!

No Honda makes it great

No lies detected.

One of many reasons as to why I love that list.
OOvKF3b.gif

tumblr_oqt3pec4gY1ug82i3o1_1280.png

source

I wonder is Ed will meet Abel in S3
I need her playable.

You calling me a liar?! lol

Oro is a great character.

No lies detected here. Oro with floating rock bubble shield projectiles that fly out when pressing buttons as his V-trigger would be really dope.

I know you're joking, but there is actually significant market research that states most consumers already believe this. This isn't a new idea by any means. Capcom leaning into it would be smart.

Top Bottom