• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Neoxon

It's a bit too soon for an entire roster of season 3 characters don't you think? We don't even know the rest of season 2 characters and every leak so far was for one character at a time. Also they were relatively close to release.
Logistically speaking, Capcom probably already has who they want for Season 3 nailed down, even if they're still working on Season 2 characters.

If you're getting hit by Alex's lariat and dash ins repeatedly, it's your fault/you're getting outplayed. If I get in close enough to hit you with it, I deserve that mixup.
im not saying I'm not getting outplayed. But it isn't footsie work or spacing, it's guessing. That's just not engaging to defend against.

what does kolin do
she's tricky but I understand what she's doing at least. It was pretty fun March.

Just time your jump properly. You can also cancel the last hit of j.mp if that makes it any easier.

No safe shit with Birdie that gives you 50/50.
yeah birdie is pretty fun too. It's all about reads and the player catching me with stuff.

Even the AA is weird. It's like should I even DP? It's better to Jab and then they have to guess which direction on the way down. Doubly so if I have a command grab.

The game is just so much about corner pressure and 50's...didn't realize it until I really jumped back in. But yeah I kinda hate to play against almost half the cast lol

Well, don't fret. I'm sure there will be other things you may enjoy. And who knows, maybe someone even further down the line will be more to your liking (yes, more is planned after next year).
I hope so. I already know that my tastes don't usually line up with what's most popular, but I still have to hope for something to get excited for. At least this supposed leak promises more single player content, but I already surmised as much.

The idea of more past S3 is nice, but we don't know if we'll actually get there. I'd like to feel confident, but it is Capcom.

Took a good 7 hour session to get used to the dial-a-combo input style of tekken again, it's so weird when you're used to pressing the next button on hit like in SF.

Endo Punk

Leaks normally annoy me because more often than not they put me off the game, but these leaks? Woah I hope it's all true. A super expansion, arcade, Oro, Q, Necro and return of my favourite character Sagat, may even purchase Sakura if they age her up bit and give a different default outfit.

Hope we get to see the new story mode at E3. So far not pleased with the characters this season, I really hope at least 2 from the remaining 3 peak my interest.

Kashiwaba

Took a good 7 hour session to get used to the dial-a-combo input style of tekken again, it's so weird when you're used to pressing the next button on hit like in SF.
I still can't figure T7 combos system, im not jumping to the online anytime soon, i know they will destroy me lol.

crash-14

Anyone see this? I know the no one there is reputable at all and a lot of this stuff could've been typed by using Sneakers's posts as a basis but I figured I'd link to it anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6eqnpt/because_incompetence_has_consequences_heres_mvci/?st=J3F3LMM1&sh=e06a989d

What makes me feel this could actually be true (On the MvC:I site) it's the fact that the guy leaked the same GnG characters that Ryce confirmed later, and now he's claiming a new GnG it's the reason, explaining the set of it. I mean, why would someone come up with that? I don't think GnG has the popularity right now to attract several fake informations...

Not that sure about the SFV side. Quite strange Azam it's not listed there when his model it's already in the game... Also, I thought da beach stage pretty much hinted a new rival school inclusion to the roster in the future...

Will see. I can see SSFV, but critical arts shouldn't be the gameplay focus here...

I just noticed Capcom made a small correction to the 2.1 patch notes. Guile only.

They've added some more for Sim and Juri:
Jun 2,2017 Update 2

The following are corrections for items that were mistakenly listed on the adjustment list.

Dhalsim
-
Mistaken: Added a new normal move (down-forward + MK).
Corrected: Added a new normal move (down-backwards + MK).

Juri
- M Tensenrin
Mistaken: 2. Added invincibility for airborne attacks for frames 1F - 6F.
Corrected: 2. Added invincibility for airborne attacks for frames 1F - 7F.

I remember reading the original one for Juri and thinking she got nerfed, so that's nice (M Tenserin is active on the 7th frame).

Jab for AA still in...and it leads to another 50/50 on the ground if a character has a command grab...

Nah this is just too far away from how I like to play...I won't stink up the thread though. I'm really out and going back to my SP games. I don't know how the pros got through this frustration period and this random guessing stuff, but I don't want any parts of it. Freakin Gief is a pure 50/50 now lol...but with normals like a Zoner.

Shoto playstyle is pretty much dead with the best one being Gouki who of course has the most mixup. Nah...this game stopped being for me after season 1.

Can't believe what Capcom has done here. Half the cast is just a guessing of tick tac toe...smh. Pretty whack meta imo.

RM8

Ed's face on the character select screen is glitched in my game, lol, its just a blank square. Anyone else has this problem?

Beil

Anyone see this? I know the no one there is reputable at all and a lot of this stuff could've been typed by using Sneakers's posts as a basis but I figured I'd link to it anyway.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6eqnpt/because_incompetence_has_consequences_heres_mvci/?st=J3F3LMM1&sh=e06a989d

Anyone who uses the phrase "reuse animation assets" clearly has no insider information or insight into the production process.

Also LOL'ing at his self-righteous moral grandstanding. Incompetence has consequences, guys! I'm leaking this information to teach them a lesson!

OMG i can't do light attacks into supers mid combo. Chun Li legs, c.lk xx super am cry. It's bullshit that it won't count if I do another legs xx super after the second c.lk. It HAS to cancel straight into super. :(

I am bad at games.

Anyone who uses the phrase "reuse animation assets" clearly has no insider information or insight into the production process.

Also LOL'ing at his self-righteous moral grandstanding. Incompetence has consequences, guys! I'm leaking this information to teach them a lesson!
Seriously. Fuck that dude.

Producer

OMG i can't do light attacks into supers mid combo. Chun Li legs, c.lk xx super am cry. It's bullshit that it won't count if I do another legs xx super after the second c.lk. It HAS to cancel straight into super. :(

I am bad at games.

Seriously. Fuck that dude.

you're trying to cancel cLK into super?

Naarmight

Had a quick go at Tekken 7 last night, I dunno if I can be bothered with any of fighter other than SF. I mean I have a ton on Steam now, but SF is the only one I ever put any time into. I had a feeling it might end up this way. Tekken 3 was my game back in the day, but I picked up Tekken 6, and that never pulled me away from SFIV.

As for the Season 3 leaks, I would be happy, but 3 SF3 characters seems a bit extreme (then again so was 5 new characters this season) Though I would like Honda to be in just for the SFII Bath house stage

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
A SSFV update like that would explain the slow progress on some SFV features atleast. I hope it's true...

histopher

Thats true. The list does look very believable. All of them have had very noticeable teases. Necro was also in the Halloween stage and Viper/Sakura was in story mode.

Actually even S2 was somewhat balanced in terms of reps. Akuma - SF2 , Kolin - SF3 , Ed,Menat - SFV , Abigail - FF , Zeku - Alpha.

Am assuming Abigail and Zeku will tease FF vets for the inevitable FF themed Season 4 :D

Ed - SFIV

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Weird how they structure these seasons if "Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro" really is the next round. They could've just done 2 old ones, 2 not-seen-in-a-while and 2 new characters each season and have something for everyone. Right now it's a year of no fan favorites and risky bets (which I like) followed by a year of basically fanservice.

Weird how they structure these seasons if "Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro" really is the next round. They could've just done 2 old ones, 2 not-seen-in-a-while and 2 new characters each season and have something for everyone. Right now it's a year of no fan favorites and risky bets (which I like) followed by a year of basically fanservice.

If that leak is true then these new characters are part of cinematic story mode 2.

Truthfully

Fuck your head up I don't care how in control you think you are in, a counter will fuck up your shit

Kolin is lowkey one of the best characters in the game, and her powerlevel has yet to be used to full potential.
Ehhhh..

Kolin is definitely one of those "Gets one jump in, starts setplay which leads to her winning the round" kind of characters.

But those rounds are few and far between. She doesn't have any of the bullshit that other characters have and she actually has to play pretty darn honest all things considered. Not a recipe for "one of the best" characters.

EDIT: But hey, I only found out 2 weeks ago that her V-Trigger OTGs so what do I know.

MrCarter

Jab for AA still in...and it leads to another 50/50 on the ground if a character has a command grab...

Nah this is just too far away from how I like to play...I won't stink up the thread though. I'm really out and going back to my SP games. I don't know how the pros got through this frustration period and this random guessing stuff, but I don't want any parts of it. Freakin Gief is a pure 50/50 now lol...but with normals like a Zoner.

Shoto playstyle is pretty much dead with the best one being Gouki who of course has the most mixup. Nah...this game stopped being for me after season 1.

Think you are judging too quick on this patch as it's only been out 2 days. Season 1 was worse with AA jabs! lol. Best Shoto is definitely Akuma in the game, he has a very solid ground game. I agree with more defensive options - V-reversals and wake-up definitely need to be improved.

myco666

Capcom would charge for it

Nah, they already got bunch of bad rep from the launch. Going back on the "no paid updates" would sour probably everyone who is still playing the game. They just keep releasing bunch of Chun costumes to get the funding for everything.

Scotia

Banned
Fanservice | Necro

You can have one but not the other.

This post:

latest

Let me put it this way.

It would be more fanservicey of Capcpom to put Honda in Season 3.

And Honda has LITERALLY dozens of fans around the world.

Granted, at least he's not Twelve. And also, I wonder what (if any) changes they'll make to the Halloween version of Russian Underground if Necro DOES make it into the game.

Scotia

Banned
Let me put it this way.

It would be more fanservicey of Capcpom to put Honda in Season 3.

And Honda has LITERALLY dozens of fans around the world.

Granted, at least he's not Twelve. And also, I wonder what (if any) changes they'll make to the Halloween version of Russian Underground if Necro DOES make it into the game.

R1fdEt3.gif

MrCarter

I know, tell me about it. He is such a douche.

Zackat

So this is why I couldnt do combos in t7. I totally stink at moving around in that game. Feel like a hitbox would be so good for Tekken.

MrCarter

Had a quick go at Tekken 7 last night, I dunno if I can be bothered with any of fighter other than SF. I mean I have a ton on Steam now, but SF is the only one I ever put any time into. I had a feeling it might end up this way. Tekken 3 was my game back in the day, but I picked up Tekken 6, and that never pulled me away from SFIV.

As for the Season 3 leaks, I would be happy, but 3 SF3 characters seems a bit extreme (then again so was 5 new characters this season) Though I would like Honda to be in just for the SFII Bath house stage

Season 1 had three too - Urien, Alex and Ibuki. So it's very likely.

Can't believe what Capcom has done here. Half the cast is just a guessing of tick tac toe...smh. Pretty whack meta imo.

you don't like guessing?

well i've got a game for you that has a plethora of defensive options :)

I miss E Honda. One of the most fun characters to play in 4.

Top Bottom