• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Why would that be an awful set of S3 characters? As far as I know, the two highest requested characters are Sagat & Sakura - this covers that. The rest of the cast has unique playstyles that don't really overlap with what is currently in SFV.

Btw, not confirming or denying what this person is positing. Just saying - I don't think that this list would be underwhelming in the slightest.
it wouldn't be...it would be the best season hands down, actually. Popular characters, returning characters with VERY unique play styles, and come on, Sagat!!!

It's too good to be true, which is why I don't believe it...

Man, I really hope that Sakura makes it into SFV soon. My girlfriend is a huuuuuuge Sakura fan (she even cosplays her) and the only thing holding her back from getting SFV is the absence of her favourite character. She'd probably get so excited if Sakura were confirmed.

Mid screen throw loops. Corner throw loops weren't taken out (see Ken).
F.A.N.G also has a throw loop in the corner. It's just much more difficult to get correctly as compared to a throw -> st.lk -> throw that Ken has or this dash forward -> throw that Ed has.

And I think all 3 of them are utter bullshit in a game like this.
Man, I really hope that Sakura makes it into SFV soon. My girlfriend is a huuuuuuge Sakura fan (she even cosplays her) and the only thing holding her back from getting SFV is the absence of her favourite character. She'd probably get so excited if Sakura were confirmed.
That's cool, I'm gonna be playing Sakura too if she gets released!

Just hope her fireball is at least halfway decent.

EDIT: Also what mbpm1 said.

mbpm1

Lulubop

They did give him an AA jab, I'm not sure what Capcom is thinking with the whole aa jab shit.

Anyway, what's Budlight allstars?

I'm glad eds throw loop is easy. Nash had one in s1 where you had to walk forward 2 frames and Juris you gotta walk forward two frames but it also worked midscreen so I guess it was alright that it was more difficult.

What makes you say that?
Because I don't like any of them except Sagat and Q, and neither of them are anywhere near the top of my wish list.

Why would that be an awful set of S3 characters? As far as I know, the two highest requested characters are Sagat & Sakura - this covers that. The rest of the cast has unique playstyles that don't really overlap with what is currently in SFV.

Btw, not confirming or denying what this person is positing. Just saying - I don't think that this list would be underwhelming in the slightest.
Awful for me, personally.

I need at least one character to be really excited about, and that list has nothing. And given how slowly these characters come out due to all the delays, that would pretty much obliterate my enthusiasm to keep up with the game, unless Sagat or Q has something that blows my socks off.

The biggest problems I have with the game are that of balance.

Things that can easily be fixed, but won't. And that's what's frustrated me since mid-2016.

But the promise of Sakura.....

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The Valle tweet + Sneakers' hints (Sagat, returning girls, SF3 characters) actually line up.

He just did good job with research. It's not that hard to research to find some information once people made the name for themselves. He could prove himself when Song Bird get announced in the future.

Ed players are constantly terrified of finishing combos when they're not right next to there opponent. He better get a throw loop to compensate for that.

As for Ryu, man I'm still really salty about the change to his throw. He can't land a meaty normal mid screen and even in the fucking corner can't he get a meaty throw. Seriously if you're facing a Ryu player just keep blocking until they start going for throws. You'll lose some life but you get a fresh start because he can't do jack after that(mid screen anyways). Well actually there is one meaty option, EX fireball. I've used it a few times because some players I faced were always waking up with buttons even though I couldn't actually reach them with my own. But yeah it's not the best idea in the world to blow meter just to apply meaty pressure when you don't even get to be right next to your opponent.

Ed players are constantly terrified of finishing combos when they're not right next to there opponent. He better get a throw loop to compensate for that.

Too many things whiff with this character, yes... inputs are easy, but i would gladly take normal inputs for a better character...

Pachinko

I just played an interesting ranked match... afterwards I realized I'd forgotten to put the connection thing on 4-5 and I guess I got stuck with a 3 bar.

:(

I mean I lost obviously but I feel I didn't get a decent match with this person who I'm thinking might have beaten me anyway but still.... Ryu mirror match , and it felt like I was playing against someone from 1/2 a second into the future because stuff was hitting before it was animating on my end. I figured, eh what the hell I'm a 700 LP scrub and it only cost me 25 points to lose so I accepted the rematch and the connection didn't get better. I was left with jumping around like a fool mashing my light attacks because anything else was getting eaten by the connection issues.

I did a few of the trials as well, made it up to 4-5 with Ryu, Rashid and Juri. I also took a look at Karin 6 because my friend had told me it took him 45 minutes and yeah.... EX orochi into EX tenka into EX orochi ... I mean why on earth would you use 3 bars for that instead of the more typical hit confirm- VT - CA that does twice as much damage ? is it just a total style combo ?

Because I don't like any of them except Sagat and Q, and neither of them are anywhere near the top of my wish list.

Awful for me, personally.

I need at least one character to be really excited about, and that list has nothing. And given how slowly these characters come out due to all the delays, that would pretty much obliterate my enthusiasm to keep up with the game, unless Sagat or Q has something that blows my socks off.

Well, don't fret. I'm sure there will be other things you may enjoy. And who knows, maybe someone even further down the line will be more to your liking (yes, more is planned after next year).

Lulubop

This "leak" would be great tbqh. It's like best case scenario, especially if they're going back to the drawing board with some system mechanic. I guess we'll see.

Syntsui

It's a bit too soon for an entire roster of season 3 characters don't you think? We don't even know the rest of season 2 characters and every leak so far was for one character at a time. Also they were relatively close to release.

Man it's like everyone has some gimmick. Something safe on block that is purposely there to make you feel it's "your turn" and then out come the 50/50 on wakeup.

I'm Ken, so I'm supposed to get you in the corner and 50/50 u with throw

Alex just kinda spams his lariat and then see if you can react with a dash throw, rinse repeat

Vega is doing all sorts of stuff with his new frames

Mika mika's you

Laura Laura's you

and it's not about taking L's either. I'm losing versus good Sims, Juri, Bison (he's scary but at least pretty straightforward) etc...hmmm...was having fun initially but I'm really not sure I want to dedicate a lot of time to this. It's so 50/50 it's like working on defense only applies to certain characters and it's better to just have an absurd Oki game.

Edzi

Man it's like everyone has some gimmick. Something safe on block that is purposely there to make you feel it's "your turn" and then out come the 50/50 on wakeup.

Alex just kinda spams his lariat and then see if you can react with a dash throw, rinse repeat

Mika mika's you

Laura Laura's you

and it's not about taking L's either. I'm losing versus good Sims, Juri, Bison (he's scary but at least pretty straightforward) etc...hmmm...was having fun initially but I'm really not sure I want to dedicate a lot of time to this. It's so 50/50 it's like working on defense only applies to certain characters and it's better to just have an absurd Oki game.

If you're getting hit by Alex's lariat and dash ins repeatedly, it's your fault/you're getting outplayed. If I get in close enough to hit you with it, I deserve that mixup.

mbpm1

Mika mika's you

Laura Laura's you

what does kolin do

Village

what does kolin do

Truthfully

Fuck your head up I don't care how in control you think you are in, a counter will fuck up your shit

Kolin is lowkey one of the best characters in the game, and her powerlevel has yet to be used to full potential.

myco666

How in the holy mother of fucking Christ do you do ryus new trial 6

Just time your jump properly. You can also cancel the last hit of j.mp if that makes it any easier.

Mika mika's you

Laura Laura's you

No safe shit with Birdie that gives you 50/50.

edit. oh sorry, cancelling bullhead into vtrigger on block gives you 50/50.

Top Bottom