• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

THIS IS ENTIRELY SPECULATION ON MY PART.

If Sneakers got banned (and he didn't just do some stupid shit) then there's two possible reasons.

Either the mods asked him to verify some of the info he shared, and he couldn't/wouldn't produce proof so they banned him.

Or he WAS telling the truth, Capcpom asked the mods to deal with him and they banned him temporarily.

Wait, guys. Let's not go crazy. Looking at his/her post history I came upon this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238902855&postcount=2468

giphy.gif

why even engage with console war shit?

Welp, I guess he did some stupid shit :(

You can't attack a group of people on GAF and get away with it.

Though you can shitpost, drive by post, insult vaguely, port beg, complain, behave passive aggressively and "taunt" in a family friendly way and be ok though.

Blueblur1

I imagine the ban can't be too long. Anyway, we should probably get back to talking about SF. Talking about bans too much is a no-no.

HardRojo

Let's just go back to our regular schedule and wait till E3 for confirmation on the Marvel leak. The Capcom one will take longer and anxiety won't help in the long run. I mean, we're probably not getting any SSFV/S3 info till very late this year.

Pompadour

Will there be any SFV news at E3? I imagine they want MvC to have the spotlight.

I don't remember who said this but the original plan of a character every other month was not to be impacted by the delay of the Ed update. So it stands to reason we will get Abigail this month so why not show him off at E3?

Lulubop

I don't remember who said this but the original plan of a character every other month was not to be impacted by the delay of the Ed update. So it stands to reason we will get Abigail this month so why not show him off at E3?

Abigail is supposed to be revealed this month yea, so E3 makes the most sense.

I suppose so. I guess we'll see.

Abigail is supposed to be revealed this month yea, so E3 makes the most sense.

What about CEO? It's the following weekend after E3.

Yeah, I remember reading that too. I agree, E3 makes the most sense to me.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
One character is not enough for an meaningful E3 presence. It's either really something like SSFV or nada.

Pompadour

I suppose so. I guess we'll see.

What about CEO? It's the following weekend after E3.

Has Capcom revealed any characters at a tournament this year so far? Akuma wasn't even revealed at Capcom Cup but rather PSX the day before.

They might not or just reveal him randomly this month. Or they might have delayed him, who knows.

Lulubop

One character is not enough for an meaningful E3 presence. It's either really something like SSFV or nada.

It's not the only thing Capcom will be showing at E3, they don't need anything more than just a trailer for SFV if they're showing MvCI, RE7 DLC and something like a DSMC5 reveal.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They even announced this DR4 Golf thing today and that's a big add-on, assumingly for it to not get overshadowed by other announcements. A character is even less than that.

Last year they had a new character and a story mode to show off.

Just a character's not gonna cut it. They might not even have playable setups for SFV, let alone an announcement at the mainstage.

MvC:I's probably gonna be the Capcom fighter that gets all the attention at E3.

Lulubop

Just a character's not gonna cut it. They might not even have playable setups for SFV, let alone an announcement at the mainstage.

A 1 minute trailer is not gonna take away from that

It doesn't have to be on the mainstage. It can get revealed afterwards on one of those all day e3 streams but not expecting it.

Pompadour

Yeah, I think it's way more likely we get nothing rather than a BIG update. The only thing pointing to something interesting happening is Ono mentioned that they have a "few surprises" they'll reveal somewhere in the time frame in the next few months. I can't remember what he said exactly but it's around the big events this summer (Comic-Con, E3, Evo).

A 1 minute trailer is not gonna take away from that
Fair enough but I just don't think they're gonna want to be showing off stuff for 2 different fighters. MvC:I's the game they want to market more heavily so they'll most likely put all efforts and money towards it.

It doesn't have to be on the mainstage. It can get revealed afterwards on one of those all day e3 streams but not expecting it.
True, I didn't think of that. That seems like the most likely possibility if they want to unveil at E3.

It's a good way to promote it without spending too much. I remember nier and other japanese games being pushed last year on those streams. Specifically the playstation e3 stream.

kirblar

He still has no credibility, no idea why people still take his word as something. Even Ryce questioned it. Anyway...
You're like the only one pushing this narrative?

Sneakers: "Sagat, Returning Female Characters, SF3 returnees" in the new future

Valle/other possible leaker: "Sagat, returning female characters, SF3 returnees" for S3.

Raitaro

I'd be really down for a second cinematic story mode season as well as a Super version, though the latter means I'll be less inclined to fire up the current game once a week to collect 5000-6000 FM (assuming the Super version includes every character and stage up Season 3).

A new UI facelift would be more than welcome, as would the single player modes descibed. I really hope that more casual players will give the new version a chance this time when there is plenty of content for offline play as well.

The teased / leaked S3 characters please me as well though I would like to have seen Sean and Azam added too. Maybe they will come later though, in Sean's case because a bit more time needs to pass before he is old enough (which seasons seem to kinda do, pass time).

Lulubop

Valle/other possible leaker: "Sagat, returning female characters, SF3 returnees" for S3.

Sneakers: Marvel Infinite is going to have a big roster, a ton of SP modes, and wasn't rushed or made on a budget".

I can tell you right now Sagat is going to be in S3 and I have no inside information. I can promise you Sagat will be in s3. Same with Sakura. Damn that inside information.

vg260

I want to believe him as his outlook for the game is positive, but those are some very safe predictions. Was there anything more specific and concrete that came to fruition, like Ryce's info for MvCI?

Please let the FF character drop this month. Give me a reason to break up with Birdie. If he plays anything like Hugo Omega I'll be so hyped.

If it means the chance of learning more about (and playing more) Q then I fully support this leak. More Oro is also dope.

Though who am I kidding a Q story mode would just be his 3rd strike ending stretched to 6 minutes.

Sneakers: Marvel Infinite is going to have a big roster, a ton of SP modes, and wasn't rushed or made on a budget".

I can tell you right now Sagat is going to be in S3 and I have no inside information. I can promise you Sagat will be in s3. Same with Sakura. Damn that inside information.
All of that Marvel Infinite info is probably correct if you count the massive rumored DLC plans.

Sillution

I am a total beginner when it comes to this so please forgive my silly question. I am trying to learn Ed. His D.HP can be used as a crush counter. What would be scenarios where that would work as a crush counter.

myco666

I am a total beginner when it comes to this so please forgive my silly question. I am trying to learn Ed. His D.HP can be used as a crush counter. What would be scenarios where that would work as a crush counter.

After you block invincible reversal or as AA. Not really a button you should throw out in neutral or as a meaty.

Sillution

After you block invincible reversal or as AA. Not really a button you should throw out in neutral or as a meaty.

I was mostly thinking it would just be used as an AA because throwing out a random D.HP doesn't seem to make the most sense. So ideally, I would really never be using this as a CC?

I was mostly thinking it would just be used as an AA because throwing out a random D.HP doesn't seem to make the most sense. So ideally, I would really never be using this as a CC?

Certain moves are crush-counterable if you block them or if they wiff, such as Ryu and Ken's DPs. Depending on range and such you'll probably using it for its CC properties in that case.

myco666

Well as I said you could use it to punish stuff like ex shoryukens if it gives you better combo compared to st.hk but yeah, not really a CC button for you to try catch your opponent pressing buttons.

Sillution

Ucchedavāda;238933935 said:
Certain moves are crush-counterable if you block them or if they wiff, such as Ryu and Ken's DPs. Depending on range and such you'll probably using it for its CC properties in that case.

Well as I said you could use it to punish stuff like ex shoryukens if it gives you better combo compared to st.hk but yeah, not really a CC button for you to try catch your opponent pressing buttons.

Thank you both, I understand it now. I'll really only use it to punish DP's.

Top Bottom