• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Maybe because its because I'm older, but I always get a chuckle out of people getting mad about things not working in a beta

I agree but we're talking about SFV here...

It's been an hour and it's still not up. I doubt it's because of the millions of people rushing to play SFV.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
『Inaba Resident』;236549358 said:
Why do you think they're doing this

They could have allowed training during matchmaking like the original betas, but I guess that would be toooooo complicated if they also wanted people to be able to do lounges.

Capcom really needs to overhaul their button config setup.

It gets really wonky when you have characters that need to hold a button to charge moves.

They need to straight up copy Skullgirls. Every fighter should. It's perfect.
Whenever I bring up SG in this context it always triggers copypasta responses about no one playing it, the game being bad or some other completely unrelated complaint that has nothing to do with balance, UI, netcode, lack of glitches, etc. It's like people want to play in the filth instead of a clean lake lol.
Maybe because its because I'm older, but I always get a chuckle out of people getting mad about things not working in a beta
The Skullgirls beta has worked just fine 95% of the time. These issues with the SFV beta are Capcom speciffic.

I'd be mad at Capcom's incompetence if I wasn't already mad at them starting the beta at 9pm EST on purpose. People need to sleep, assholes.

I just got out of work to.

I did fight a dude from Mexico and the connection seemed better than on most of my fights with Mexico. I think.

Don't worry, I had a smooth match from Mexico as well but things like punishing Bison's slide and neutral jump to punish a throw didn't work despite he did it very late with my J.Hk going through his body in his whiff animation.

FluxWaveZ

I'm in again and actually managed to play a full set with Ed. Good stuff.

Didn't they say any costume during the stream? Looks like you can only use ones previously purchased.

Yeah, only the default one is available for Ed right now. Bummer, but more my come later.

mbpm1

Loading seems a bunch better in terms of loading sceens.

Ed is pretty weird. Also playing a different character has made me realize I lean on Kolin's v-skill a ton now

MCD250

It never really takes me very long to find a match in SFV, but the loading screens can definitely be a while. I dunno if I'm feeling too much of a difference yet on that end, it still feels like the game hovers too long on that shot of Earth, and then again on the screen featuring the two characters before it goes to the match.

Shoot, I just won two ranked mstches and heard the announcer's voice. Couldn't make out what they said tho.

MCD250

Wow, just took a look at my fighter profile and there's a tooooooon of info there now. I've played a lot fewer matches than I thought I had.

The CFN page also has more icons and info you can see now.

MCD250

Am i scumbag for letting the Ed learn his buttons while I do Mikas V skill and then kill him instantly?
I had to afk for like half a minute to get the door earlier and an Ed I was fighting took the opportunity to take a round off of me.

Kill or be killed, fam.

Top Bottom