• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

How are people already doing juggle combos with Ed. I....

200w.gif

Ed is great. Fucking theme is amazing. I thought the button presses would be a problem, but they turned out being fine. He definitely remind me of a dude from Final Fight. Don't think I'll main him, but I'll think about putting him in my pocket depending on how things turn out.

Birdie's changes are pretty cool. st mk let's me play the neutral better, and his cr mp is better so I can AA with him against quick ass people like Ibuki and Cammy. Such a small change really helps against those matchups so it's not overbearing. Can't yolo ex headbutt in VT but oh well.

Matchmaking is fire. Rapidly finding matches, and I haven't had one goddamn issue yet. First day and all, so we'll see, but if this keeps up it'll be a huge improvement.

Biggest issues are Cammy's air throw not being changed and the loading times. The loading for the Ed stream was much shorter than this, so I assume they were offline. The loading here doesn't feel that much different? I'd have to run a timer sometime tomorrow to test it, but it doesn't feel like it improved all that much. But if they got the loading on the offline portion to 15 seconds, that's a huge leap.

Pompadour

Any indications on whether the netcode has been improved?

Also, Ed is pretty fun.

Matchmaking and load times seem greatly improved. Netcode feels the same but it always runs pretty well for me. My first match was slightly laggy but completely smooth since then.

Ed is a lot of fun but I can't stop doing motions for his moves (which doesn't matter but things like his fireball feel like QCFs). Juggling seems pretty easy with him in that there's a lot of leeway. His V-Trigger seems like it would be great for it.

Haven't found a use for his KK special, though.

vulva

Matchmaking and load times seem greatly improved. Netcode feels the same but it always runs pretty well for me. My first match was slightly laggy but completely smooth since then.

Ed is a lot of fun but I can't stop doing motions for his moves (which doesn't matter but things like his fireball feel like QCFs). Juggling seems pretty easy with him in that there's a lot of leeway. His V-Trigger seems like it would be great for it.

Haven't found a use for his KK special, though.
I've been doing st mp cr hp kk special. Also anti airing with kk.

MCD250

Seen a few folks say that Ed "feels like an Infiltration character". Hope Infil takes a liking to him (I know he was really excited to try him when the trailer came out). Boy's been caught in a character crisis for months now.

Takuan

Is anyone having issues with their MadCatz sticks and the beta client? For some reason it won't recognize my TES+. Vanilla client works fine with the MadCataz drivers.

FluxWaveZ

Yep, Ed is not straightforward. The normals are weirdly unorthodox, and his overall game plan is as well. I feel like I literally only know two actual combos with him, and one hit confirm.

I like playing him. He'll take some getting used to.

I'm mad people already know Ed combos and it hasn't even been out that long. Who are these people.

sMP, cMK xx upkicks xx EX dive, EX Psycho Upper is the juggle combo
you can also combo cMK into regular Psycho Upper into super.

the rough part is that his confirms don't work at farther than point blank so his combos will whiff and you get destroyed for it.

his sRH is super good and his psycho upper goes through fireballs so you can slap people at close range on reaction since there's no motion.

The thing is, let's say you do st.MP > st.MP and the second one hits. What do? cr.HP is too far to reach at that point.

You shouldn't do that in the first place. It's not a blockstring and sMP isn't cancelable so you won't get a good combo. sMP is only +1 on block I think so you have to do short to get a counterhit.

edit: wait I guess sMP is +3 on block? hmm.

Edzi

Ed's fun, but his range is really odd. It's difficult to get successful confirms since his specials have no range and whiff often unless you're super close, and flicker punch is weird since you can't seem to use piano inputs for it.

jeez I really need some framedata because I dunno how to deal with ed as cammy.
He has more reach than her, everything he does seems safe, he has an aa jab, aa mp, aa lk, aa crHP, aa special punches, aa special kicks....you can never jump at this guy.

I have played more matches (40) in 1hr than I have the past 6 months and besides one user with mobile data wifi, each match has been flawless. I guess Capcom did good this time.

FluxWaveZ

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";236559336]You shouldn't do that in the first place. It's not a blockstring and sMP isn't cancelable so you won't get a good combo. sMP is only +1 on block I think so you have to do short to get a counterhit.

edit: wait I guess sMP is +3 on block? hmm.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna say, there's no way st.MP is only +1 on block. st.MP > st.MP would be a valid block string, it's just I don't yet know what his real routes are to convert into a KD or damage unless you're up close to them and you landed a jump-in or something.

Top Bottom