• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So where do you start with learning all the systems in this game? I'm installing now and want to learn what's going on and start picking a main.

JusDoIt

Probably late to the discussion but Street Fighter as a whole is anime as fuck and I wouldn't have it any other way tbh

You ain't late and it ain't much of a discussion. It's just Gr1mLock saying Street Fighter ain't anime and the rest of us being like, "Boy, stop."

Scotia

Banned
You ain't late and it ain't much of a discussion. It's just Gr1mLock saying Street Fighter ain't anime and the rest of us being like, "Boy, stop."

Yeah, I've been reading through the last few pages and didn't know if people had moved on.

And yeah, Street Fighter is anime.

Village

Probably late to the discussion but Street Fighter as a whole is anime as fuck and I wouldn't have it any other way tbh

Pretty much

Some of my favorite SF designs are anime as hell.

On the flip side a lot of my favorite ones tend to be based on real humans, or are more comic bookey or western. Its kind of why I like final fight characters in SF so much, and its kind of why Abigail lookig like some gigantic 90's comic book character works for me.

Street Fighter is anime is hell
Street fighter is also Comic bookey as hell
And Street fighter steals real people on the reg

But that's what makes street fighter street fighter visually at least

So whens the " creed" character going to happen in fighting games, and who's making it first

mbpm1

In the game's storyline, Shaquille O'Neal walks into a dojo while heading to a charity basketball game in Tokyo, Japan. After speaking with Leotsu, a martial arts master, Shaq goes to another dimension, the Second World, where he must rescue a young boy named Nezu from the evil mummy Sett Ra.

classic anime storyline 29

MCD250

I think maybe some of those MK clones you'd see in the '90s weren't all that anime. I'm talking shit like Clayfighters and Primal Rage.

EDIT: ^

Skab

834a0dc03f78a353ab34b5d8b9a60c05.jpg

I'll use this

Shadoken

Street Fighter is like an Anime based on 80s Tournament style martial art movies.

Its not 100% Anime like say GG , since it definitely shares influences from the west too. Its a nice mix of both that slightly changes depending on which game you play.

I'm not playing anymore but bar_bar012 is my permanent CFN ID now.
Ok...I gotcha...I started over on another account after a long break. Coming back and fighting diamond boys is no fun lol...after some back and forth I decided I'm gonna make a run for Master...just need some matchup help against Karin, Cammy, Fang, Kolin, and Akuma.

CFN eatdamuffins

MCD250

Is it me or does it feel like Kolin's air normals run out of active frames like super fast? I think I caught that back when she came out but I wasn't sure.

MCD250

I was thinking of her jHK and jMK, especially the former. The site says they have 5f, but a lot of the time I try to use them they seem to whiff. I guess I dunno if it's a case of few active frames or maybe they just have small/weird hitboxes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Every few weeks you can get the Deluxe Edition for $40.

Even if you already own the game, you still get $10 off buying them separately.

Hm...OK

I may just shell out the money for them since I really want to play with Juri, but we'll see.

Also, is match making not good right now? I sat looking for a match for over 90 seconds before saying fuck it.

Top Bottom