• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Exactly, there's no demand for her so they can still sell the good characters as DLC!

VuUMAux.gif

FluxWaveZ

Need to hear the full version of that Abigail theme. Might turn out to be one of my favorites.

Anyways, I gotta figure out what kind of deal Punk made with the devil to get to where he is. I'll sell my soul or whatever.

It's not a bad idea, but I think some folks might like to see some FF reps before 2019. Cody, Guy, Poison, Hugo, etc.
I legit doubt we'd get any FF character next year. There's a slight chance for Cody, but knowing how ballsy Capcom has gotten, I almost think Kyle has a better chance.

Anybody else notice that we haven't seen Abby kick once in the trailer? He also doesn't have a single kick special outside of his VR. Does he even have kicks?

MCD250

I legit doubt we'd get any FF character next year. There's a slight chance for Cody, but knowing how ballsy Capcom has gotten, I almost think Kyle has a better chance.
I've pretty much given up on predicting what Capcom is going to do at any given time, but I could see next year being the year of the "fan favorites", to contrast with the fact that they had only new guys this year. So I wouldn't be surprised to see characters like Sagat, Sakura and at least one of the FF folks like Cody or Guy. But I dunno, I'm just spitballing tbh.

I like how Abigail has a move called Abigail Smash. Hulk indeed. 1,100 health doesn't sound TOO bad, but I hope he's at least slow as shit to balance it out. Slower than Birdie or Gief, I mean.

What sets Abigail apart from the other characters is that he has the longest reach and the most power. Use his long reach to keep your opponents away, and use Hungabee High/Low to repel their attacks.

he has the longest reach and the most power. Use his long reach to keep your opponents away

Yup, fuck off Birdie there's a new gigantor in town.

Bob White

Need to hear the full version of that Abigail theme. Might turn out to be one of my favorites.

Anyways, I gotta figure out what kind of deal Punk made with the devil to get to where he is. I'll sell my soul or whatever.

There's this compilation of some of Punk's whiff punishes and it's literally my fucking Bible. I've gone through it countless times trying to get a feel for where he stands. How he stands. What he does before hand.

Dartastic

Guys. I gotta say, after Evo I've been feeling way more into playing more SF, and I decided to FINALLY boot up the PC version (via Steam share from my cousin's account) and uh, I think I'm finally realizing how important response time can be in a game. I play on an Acer with a 1ms response time on my PC, as opposed to... something on my Vizio.

I hover around 3000 BP and play Ibuki on my PS4. On my PC, I didn't have the fight money and didn't want to buy Ibuki with real money, so I've been playing Chun, someone who I don't really know how to play well. I don't know her frame traps, I don't really know her combos, I don't really know much except her anti-airs, and a couple small hit confirms. Somehow I'm on a 16 win streak and I'm around 2200 BP. Things I couldn't do before on my PS4 like anti-air consistently, hit confirm, etc. are ALL happening easier than on console. I really didn't expect to be playing this well, especially with a character I don't even really know.

mbpm1

Guys. I gotta say, after Evo I've been feeling way more into playing more SF, and I decided to FINALLY boot up the PC version (via Steam share from my cousin's account) and uh, I think I'm finally realizing how important response time can be in a game. I play on an Acer with a 1ms response time on my PC, as opposed to... something on my Vizio.

I hover around 3000 BP and play Ibuki on my PS4. On my PC, I didn't have the fight money and didn't want to buy Ibuki with real money, so I've been playing Chun, someone who I don't really know how to play well. I don't know her frame traps, I don't really know her combos, I don't really know much except her anti-airs, and a couple small hit confirms. Somehow I'm on a 16 win streak and I'm around 2200 BP. Things I couldn't do before on my PS4 like anti-air consistently, hit confirm, etc. are ALL happening easier than on console. I really didn't expect to be playing this well, especially with a character I don't even really know.

"Response Time Matters"

*kendo ad*

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Good thing FANG is dead and will never appear after SFV.

I know you are baiting for Luce but he's not dead in the story mode. He's basically a cockroach and survive everything that came to him. I think he ran away and save himself at the end, did he? I have a good hutch that he's going to be back in future sequel, and he's basically one of some best newcomers that got included in SFV.

Yep, he's a real American

Eh, you meant Canadian?

JusDoIt

Isn't the difference pretty miniscule now? At most, one frame.

Wasn't it always the same with v-sync enabled? I thought disabling v-sync was what made PC more responsive. Either way, I know many pros mostly play SFV on PC so the difference between the two platforms can't be that big. And it's not like when I play against PC players they're footsie gods compared to console.

Edzi

Wasn't it always the same with v-sync enabled? I thought disabling v-sync was what made PC more responsive. Either way, I know many pros mostly play SFV on PC so the difference between the two platforms can't be that big. And it's not like when I play against PC players they're footsie gods compared to console.

Not always, but that's what I'm getting at. Trying to figure out if he's still going off old info or if there's something else.

A small adaptation can make all the difference.

https://twitter.com/tomsonian/status/886921426271313920

As soon as I saw that I immediately thought back to how Punk punished Tokido's neutral jump air fireball at the end of there previous match in winners semi's. He definitely remembered that and was baiting Punk to react to the jump and situation instead of actually reacting to air fireballs.

I think he tried it at least one other time during the set. I can't remember for sure but if that was the only time then it happened at such a crucial time because it helped Tokido win the match to go up 2-0 and probably left Punk completely demoralized at that point.

I oddly remember an older character having two button dashes.

Didn't Maki have 2K for her spin-kick?

Edit: She had 3K. I was close.

Also I forgot Gief's lariats, one of the clearest examples.

Top Bottom