• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

FluxWaveZ

are you sure? we had words in the ed theme

I'm pretty sure the character theme we're hearing on Abigail's page isn't the same song as the one in his trailer, yes. The song that was used in Ed's trailer was actually his theme, but the one in Abigail's doesn't seem to be.

Trailer theme is probably the stage.

Unfortunately, that's probably the case. I'd rather it be the other way around.

Random question.

When Haggar eventually gets into SF, what should his theme be a remake of? I'm personally torn between his Muscle Bomber theme, the FF1 Subway, or the Industrial Area. I also like the Andore/Westside theme, but i can see why they wouldn't do that.

TheOGB

Banned
I like everything about Abigail except his default look. Motherfucker is grotesque, much moreso than the "lol fat" dudes. Battle costume's not bad though.

That theme is... uh... I kinda like it because of how unexpected it is lol, but I don't actually like it that much.

Yeah the thing that's really bothering me about Abigail is the way his arms are constricted by the tires around them which balloon up his shoulders to where they look like they're about to burst. By contrast they normalize his arms in the alt costumes -- well, as normalized as Abigail gets anyway.

Zackat

Going by the silhouettes, she's probably next.

Wait, Abigail is voiced by Akira/Joker & Menat is voiced by Futaba. Is Capcom trying to tell us to choose Futaba as our P5 waifu?
Who didn't choose Futaba?

That was the easiest persona choice ever for me.

Do any FF characters in SF use the Bay Area theme?

Because if not, Haggar should get that. The most iconic stage theme for the most iconic character.

Edit: Nvm, Rolento used it in A2.

I just realized that makes Rolento the first ever character to change "canon" themes in SF (characters always keep their themes from A2, 3S, or SFII in SFIV and on), since he got a new one in USFIV to match his boss theme from FF.

MCD250

I've been thinking about switching mains for a minute. I love Cammy for sure, but the thing about her is that she's super narrow and basically only does one thing. And it's kinda true that she's always been like that, but it's especially apparent in this game. Meanwhile you got new DLC guys coming out who have a bunch of special moves and gimmicks, and it's got me thinking about broadening my horizons. I'm not sure who I would switch to, though. I know it definitely can't be a charge character, since I'm terrible with those (especially in this game), and I find the shotos kinda dull (and can't deal with stubbiness). I thought, maybe Kolin, since I like her, or Rashid since I enjoy the fast pace style (though he might honestly be a little too fast for me). I think about going back to Charlie too sometimes, but I'm not sure I could deal with the lack defensive options. Juri, Karin and Ibuki are a little too weird for me.

I dunno.

Maybe one day, I'm curious to see if they'll do themed seasons. I think we'll get Gil and Sean in this game's like final season, maybe we'll get just 3s to lead in timeline wise.
I'd love a 3s season. It's the cast I grew up with, and Gill and Q are 2 of the 3 characters I desperately want for this game.

s3 wish list cause why not

Sagat, Sakura, Oro, Fei Long, Makoto, NEW.

Tell me that ain't good?
Oro is out because Flowtron deconfirmed everybody but Sag and Sak.
nSI2nROh.jpg

Mine:
Sagat, Sakura, Makoto, Blanka (feral like SFII pls), King Cobra, and a new female character that practices Hung Gar like Feng from Tekken.

Village

I saw your suggestion, I just need to check if there are any video game ones that might fit first.

Real boy songs might get ya twitch muted or your youtube claimed, ya feel me?

FluxWaveZ

It's an obnoxious and loud theme, so it does fit the character, at least.

Don't know how I feel about this dude being Canada's first playable SF rep., though.

Village

That isn't to say I don't have realboy songs in the game, I usually save that for a song I really want or find so fitting I cant get rid of it, or I can't at the moment find a more fitting song

Flowherts Nice try on the Night time shadowloo base moded to be this

Phil Tangent & Imagery : Waters Edge On Rashid's plane ( though I might be changing it soon because I may have found a fitting game song )

( I really like drum and base)

The Cut Chemist: The garden For nighttime water fall

However along with game songs, having less of a chance to trigger copyright stuff. Also It provides me a challenge to find songs from other games that fit the bill

I would have found Ridge Racer 2 (2006) OST - 15 - Mellow Curves To go over day time Kazuki Estate or Ridge Racers 2 Light Groove OSTTo go over the night time version

I would have used The lost world ruins( Tricky maze) from sonic adventure of all things as necalli's theme

I would have found this guys channel with so many dope remixs's of alpha ,and mvc songs to use. His concept remix of morrigans theme is what i'm using for the holloween stage

I would have found this dope ass remix of vega's alpha 3 theme, and I hate vega

So not only is it good for copyright, it lets me descover dope music

Village

Why is the first Canadian character hanging out in Metro city? Is Metro City actually in Canada?

I always imagined metro city as detroit, so In my mind yes.

but in reality he's problably just lives in the us, like a lot of canadians, and vice versa.

Also Metro city is either new york, or somewhere in florida because that place definitely has palm trees and a statue of liberty

LiquidM

Neo Member
One of my colleagues decided to buy the game on Steam and a new stick to play it, after watching the Evo SFV grand final. Let's hope he sticks with it so I can ̶d̶e̶s̶t̶r̶o̶y̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶m̶u̶h̶a̶h̶a̶h̶a̶h̶a̶ have someone to play with offline :)

Village

The only character that got hardcore " I don't think this is going to happen" was in this thread, and it was Dudley

Look at this highschool shit

If you look at it hard enough, you can pretend its a new weird rival schools game

MrCarter

Saw this post by Ninjimbo on EVO thread. Thought it deserved a place here.

Stream of consciousness...

I haven't commented yet because I'm still in a buzz from last night's result. I never thought I would see Punk drop 6 games in a set especially against an Akuma. I know Punk lost to SnakeEyez's Gief and Akuma, but that's cuz he was coming from losers and it wasn't his Karin that got beaten by Snake's Akuma. It was Nash.

That said, it didn't dawn on me on what this match was about until Tokido said that Mago was instrumental for his success here. Tokido plays Mago all the time, and Mago is like the 2nd Best Karin in the world. Of course he had matchup knowledge, and Akuma has distinct advantages over Karin. Tokido beyond just being a genius at fighting games, he has a community of masters to play and learn against. When he had to face FChamp at ELEAGUE, he trained with Mochi. When he had to face Du, he trained with Daigo. When he had to face Punk, he trained with Mago. Tokido put an insane amount of work and time into these matchups while also building up the best Akuma we've seen yet in SFV. Tokido cribbed some tech from Sako no doubt, but Tokido is doing stuff with the character that we just haven't seen anybody do: his pressure, his mixups, his approaches, his parries, his use of V-Meter, it's all been astutely developed over the course of seven months. I follow him on CFN and have watched his fights, and it's a night and day difference from where he started.

So a great Akuma, coupled with a quality community is the answer for how Punk got taken down, oh, and the fact that Punk was nervous? The last one, that's a funny thing to say if you ask me. Punk just won ELEAGUE and he had steamrolled his way to the GF. If Punk was nervous, he certainly didn't show it at any point during Top 8. But, I'm getting ahead of myself, nerves played a role in his defeat. However, I'd like to know the reason why seeing as how we had no prior sign to indicate that Punk was battling nerves. He looked like a player in full control.

As I saw the match unfold, I definitely started to pick up on what Tokido was doing. Now I don't fully understand what his game plan was, but Tokido was very aware of Punk's patterns and tendencies. He was baiting out the buttons and punishing accordingly. He would stop strings with jabs and went all in towards an aerial assault exploiting Karin's lack of reliable anti-air. More often than not he would trade hits and that was fine, because Tokido believes that an SFV match doesn't start until the V Trigger is activated. So you saw a tactical plan unfold and Punk, for the first time ever, I noticed that he didn't know how to respond. At one point in the match in the second set, Punk sits back at the corner not pressing a button, just blocking and it last for a second but it's a certified moment. It's a staredown. Why? Because a player of Punk's caliber is aware of all the options available to Akuma and Tokido had used them all flawlessly. Punk, in essence, had no idea which way Tokido wanted to go so he blocked. Block. Block. Block. It's what we all do when we don't have a read on someone and we know they have a read on us.

Punk had been downloaded. JWong told the story later on Twitter of Tokido blanking him in a casual FT10 set. Punk knew Tokido had a read on him, but what Punk didn't realize is that he had no read on Tokido. When he got a glimpse of the shiny new tech Tokido had developed, he had no answer. So he crumbled.

I don't believe Punk would have lost to Itazan or Kazunoko or even Du. It was only Tokido that had the keys to unlock Punk's Karin. To say this was about experience or composure is, I think, to reduce the kind of battle that is being played at this level. Tokido said himself in the post game interview, pressing buttons doesn't work. It isn't until you learn how to control a match and manipulate a player that you really start improving. SFV, probably more than any other SF, is all about how well you know your opponent. I bet Punk had no idea Tokido would be waking up with Ex-Demon Flips at that rate he was doing it and that kind of stuff kept piling on and on in his head. So much went in that it overwhelmed.

Wonderful stuff. SFV is one hell of a game at the highest levels. I wish the game didn't have the reputation it did because at the end of it all, SFV is a really solid fighting game. I've been thinking about this shit the whole day.

Sorry for the rambling, but man, what an awesome Top 8 and Tokido is a living legend that can stand next to Daigod.

Can't wait to see how the rest of this year unfolds. The person that fought Tokido the hardest at EVO was Haitani. Keep that in mind.

Top Bottom