• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Sayad

A small adaptation can make all the difference.

https://twitter.com/tomsonian/status/886921426271313920
Noticed this during the game, Tokida fell for it again in grand final, and then he went on to try and bait it, it got so obvious that Punk stopped trying to dash under for a while, but he fell for it eventually. If you re-watch the set, Tokida did a lot of empty jumps from that distance while cornering Punk.

So we went from having no Canadian fighters in SF to having two in like two months!

I'm up for characters having 2 V-Reversals. One that side switch to get out of the corner and be throw invincible tied with 3 Kicks and the other being an Alpha Counter that is vulnerable to throws tied to 3 punches.

What worries me if there will be another Cammy Air Throw Incident.

LakeEarth

I noticed that Punk kept eating the fireball from a 'c.mk xx fireball' string. I think he was trying to stuff out 'c.mk xx red fireball' (as it has better frames on block), but Tokido rarely did that.

Been a long time since a post on gaf has actually irritated me
That top 8 was fun to watch due to the players, not the game. As it stood at top 8, Tokido's victory was pretty much written. Good for him. Wish he'd gotten that Evo "W" at a better game.
Look at this unbelievable shitpost.
Tokido loves sf5, this "W" obviously meant a lot to him, and now this ass is gonna decide it's not good enough because he hates the game?

Hold me back gaf..

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That thread actually made me send me a new GAF password, because I wasn't logged in here. There are some insane posts in that one.

joe2187

Banned
Does anyone have a high quality picture of Tokido doing the after-demon taunt on stage at Evo?

I only know of these

oT2uB49fUWS9bdHXubLWUK-650-80.jpg

622_21fcfc34-f600-40ab-aac8-3fe7b79dd812.jpg

Skilletor

Been a long time since a post on gaf has actually irritated me

Look at this unbelievable shitpost.
Tokido loves sf5, this "W" obviously meant a lot to him, and now this ass is gonna decide it's not good enough because he hates the game?

Hold me back gaf..

This poster compared liking sf5 to having stockholme syndrome and Hitler's family tolerating him.

Was quickly added to my ignore list soon after.

I really don't understand why people say "this game doesn't deserve this player". These dudes play what they like for the most part. Sure, some do it for the cash, but if they weren't playing SF, they wouldn't be playing most other games. Shit, Tokido LOVES SFV. Homeboy ain't oppressed.

That topic was going to go to shit no matter what. I don't know why people bother lol.

Skilletor

I really don't understand why people say "this game doesn't deserve this player". These dudes play what they like for the most part. Sure, some do it for the cash, but if they weren't playing SF, they wouldn't be playing most other games. Shit, Tokido LOVES SFV. Homeboy ain't oppressed.

That topic was going to go to shit no matter what. I don't know why people bother lol.

Yeah, I´m pretty much done with Capcom threads on the internet outside of OTs.

We´ve gone far past the point where most people are posting anything constructive.

Anyway, SF5 GAF, I have some dissidia beta codes if anybody here wants one.

Skab

We´ve gone far past the point where most people are posting anything constructive.

I'm pretty much at the same point myself. I did the same thing with Diablo threads on gaf, never looked back.[/QUOTE]

Yo I would love one

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

What feels the most tiresome to me are the people constantly coming into any thread related to SFV and complaining about the way the female characters are depicted. Over and over and over and over and over again.

Lots of shitting on Abigail's design, too. Yeah, he's goofy...but at least wait until he's released and see how he plays. I'm eager to try him out.

joe2187

Banned

Have you seen the Cross Tag battle thread?

We're getting an amazing crossover anime game....and the only thing people care about is shitting on the inclusion of RWBY.

Can I get a code for Dissidia?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Those threads made me realise that probably nothing could change their opinion of the game, no matter how good a SSFV or whatever would be.
There was someone in there straight up saying that changes and updates don't matter, because the first impression was bad and that's it for him.

I've not been very active recently but I'd love one.

mbpm1

Lots of shitting on Abigail's design, too. Yeah, he's goofy...but at least wait until he's released and see how he plays. I'm eager to try him out.
Most people don't follow the tournament scene that strongly I think. If they don't like a design they're not going to play him. If they're not going to play him and the character has no appeal then it doesn't matter how he plays.

Lyte Edge

We're getting an amazing crossover anime game....and the only thing people care about is shitting on the inclusion of RWBY.

...Why? I don't know anything about RWBY and I was just excited to see something new like this coming out. The only complaint I had was the that RWBY character's voice, lol.

mbpm1

Can I get a code for Dissidia?
That's funny, I heard some rwby fans were disappointed bc it wasn't an rwby fighting game by itself.

Skilletor

Everybody I sent codes to, I have an issue telling Ohs and Zeroes apart, so if your code doesn't work, I probably flipped them.

I can take a pic of the code if you need me to and resend.

Everybody I sent codes to, I have an issue telling Ohs and Zeroes apart, so if your code doesn't work, I probably flipped them.

I can take a pic of the code if you need me to and resend.
I think the code goes numbers - letters - numbers - letters. They don't mix the two in each section.

vg260

What feels the most tiresome to me are the people constantly coming into any thread related to SFV and complaining about the way the female characters are depicted. Over and over and over and over and over again.

As long as it is a male dominated hobby and moreso genre, and women seek more inclusion it will be a valid point of discussion. People should be able to handle this critique.

Lyte Edge

As long as it is a male dominated hobby and moreso genre, and women seek more inclusion it will be a valid point of discussion. People should be able to handle this critique.

I can handle the critique just fine and have participated in discussions about it. That's not what I'm talking about here- it's some of the same people going into any thread about the game and posting about this over and over and over again.

LakeEarth

I really need to see him on the recieving end of throws and grabs, how can they manage it without totally breaking the animations? Hooooooooow?

I can't wait to see Cammy and Nash's "neck break" throws on that tiny head of his. Cammy's air throw may be equally as hilarious.

joe2187

Banned
...Why? I don't know anything about RWBY and I was just excited to see something new like this coming out. The only complaint I had was the that RWBY character's voice, lol.

That's funny, I heard some rwby fans were disappointed bc it wasn't an rwby fighting game by itself.

Half of it is that as well, but then you get these purists. I've never seen the show, but I love Acsys fighters and couldnt be more excited for MVC2 Asset reuse anime fighter.

Blazblue: YES
Under Night: YEAH
Persona: fuck yeah
Rwby: fuck outta here

will there be an option to make sure i never see any of the rwby characters

This.

No fake anime in my crossover please thank you

RWBY is such clown show trash that putting it next to the other 3 properties is a fuckin joke at best

Hopefully they're all garbage characters nobody plays.

Too bad there are no good characters in RWBY.

Just cause it's popular doesn't mean it's good.

Why they gotta add RWBY :(

I would actually pay them to leave that trash out of the game.

Couldn't get past episode 2. That whatever unnecessary armor (or lack thereof) the protagonist wore told me that was a show I didn't need to watch.

Good, make a fighting game out of it then, I will not touch it.

Mike M

Nick N
Already his grotesquery is losing its edge on me. I'll probably just downright like him when I see that battle for costume in action.

Lyte Edge

Re: RWBY

Who cares? It could be Barney and the Teletubbies in there, and if they played well, I'd still use them. :p Don't like them? OK...here's your chance to beat them up! XD

Top Bottom