• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

For all those wondering, Abigail is still a free agent.

He did not sign with the Muscle Cult, much to Gief's chagrin:
DFB_bRHVwAImTk6.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Oh, he's also an actual idiot with a Necalli-like speech impediment and he's not just a goof. Wonderful.

Edit: Actually, maybe not. A character voiced by Xander Mobus has to be kinda clever, right?

FluxWaveZ

That's not a speech impediment, it's just giving emphasis to each word as though he's talking down to Zangief.

What threw me for a loop is that there really should be an "It!" at the end there for it to sound right to me, but thinking about it in spoken word instead of written, I guess that would also sound weird when putting the emphasis on each word like that.

The idiot slot is already occupied by Necalli, so I would hope he's not another. It would have actually made for a cool subversion if this guy was one of the smartest ones in the cast, heh.

Pompadour

That has to be the worst animation in a CA since Gief's.

Man, it's one of the best in the game. He turns his opponent into a speed bag.

The idea behind Gief's CA is good (he's so strong he can flex you into the ground) it's just not obvious what is happening. I think they wanted to emphasize his raw strength which isn't really done through his old SPD supers. The weight of the characters do the damage in those whereas Zangief's CA damage comes entirely from his strength.

How do wake up shoryukens work in this game? Help

Regular ones don't have full invincibility.

Light DPs have throw invincibility on startup. Medium DPs have invincibilty against air attacks on startup. Hard DPs have hit and projectile invincibility, but NOT immediately...which means they can be hurt during the startup frames.

EX DP's have full invincibility on startup, so if you want to do a wake up shoryuken that blows through ALL attacks you need to spend a little meter.

Ryce

Man, it's one of the best in the game. He turns his opponent into a speed bag.

The idea behind Gief's CA is good (he's so strong he can flex you into the ground) it's just not obvious what is happening. I think they wanted to emphasize his raw strength which isn't really done through his old SPD supers. The weight of the characters do the damage in those whereas Zangief's CA damage comes entirely from his strength.
I also like to think of Zangief's CA as a reference to this.

Village

It'd be cool if they played up the mechanic role a little. Maybe he can fix Alex's car

True, though I feel like if this were back in the day, alex would be one of the ones going through the streets body slamming mad gear to get to the end of his own beat em up.

But its a different time. Alex is one of those characters that feel, final fight-ey

It look like Abigail's business is just in scrap metal, so maybe rather than fixing cars he just takes them apart. Probably by punching them. It's a favorite activity of all Street Fighter and Final Fight characters, after all.

Lulubop

True, though I feel like if this were back in the day, alex would be one of the ones going through the streets body slamming mad gear to get to the end of his own beat em up.

But its a different time. Alex is one of those characters that feel, final fight-ey

Yea, I really agree with this. I was actually going to mention how much he feels like a FF character. Doesn't hurt that he has the special intro with Hugo.

mbpm1

It look like Abigail's business is just in scrap metal, so maybe rather than fixing cars he just takes them apart. Probably by punching them. It's a favorite activity of all Street Fighter and Final Fight characters, after all.
It would be a good time to release a certain mode if that is the case

Village

Yea, I really agree with this. I was actually going to mention how much he feels like a FF character. Doesn't hurt that he has the special intro with Hugo.

There aren't a lot of characters, but a few characters from SF definitely come from the final fight school of design. Its why I like Ed's story mode outfit so much.

I would say Birdie too, but he would be madgear himself probably.

FluxWaveZ

Every single S2 newcomer has become a bad match-up for Mika (even Akuma has after the buffs; did you see Du's hesitation once he went back to character select against Tokido?), and Abigail is looking like another one. Lame.

I'm certain the new stage and Abigail's motif were only set up for the sole purpose of having assets for the car bonus round ready for whenever the dankest arcade mode of the decade drops. All according to Capcom's Master Plan™.

half /s

Anyway, SF5 GAF, I have some dissidia beta codes if anybody here wants one.

Would you happen to have anymore?

joe2187

Banned
Every single S2 newcomer has become a bad match-up for Mika (even Akuma has after the buffs; did you see Du's hesitation once he went back to character select against Tokido?), and Abigail is looking like another one. Lame.

I have indeed noticed this, Kolin especially....The only way for me to win against Kolin is command grab mixups.

But Ed and Kolin both have ways of backdashing, or shimmying away from them.

I'm now worried about Abigairu-kun.

1100 health, 1050 stun. Long range, 2 bad vtrigger, large size.

He's gotta have some shit. Either low damage, or slow normals or everything leaves him minus.

Lulubop

I'm now worried about Abigairu-kun.

1100 health, 1050 stun. Long range, 2 bad vtrigger, large size.

He's gotta have some shit. Either low damage, or slow normals or everything leaves him minus.

His run also has armor. Guess shit that leaves him negative. His damage is high tho, did you see the vid?

DunpealD

Random Eleague employee tourney:
https://www.twitch.tv/eleaguesocial

It's in the same areaa as the real Eleague and Richard Lewis is even MCing, so it seems like a big deal to them lol.
The crowd getting pretty dang hype, too.

Thanks for sharing. Seemed to be a Turner employee wide tournament.

That was unexpectedly good. While the level of play wasn't anything pro, it wasn't scrub level either. It had some hype moments and even a hype crowd.

It was actually awesome to see that they even got the actual Eleague studio/stage for it. Great casual tournament, seeing the hype and the winner tearing up shows that it was worth it, imo.

LakeEarth

I think I've made the decision to delete SF5 for a little while. I have such an insane backlog that I need to put a dent into, and I've been playing angry lately (switched to Alex) which I shouldn't put myself through. I'm still gonna follow the game, and I'm sure I'll downloaded it again in a few months.

I think I've made the decision to delete SF5 for a little while. I have such an insane backlog that I need to put a dent into, and I've been playing angry lately (switched to Alex) which I shouldn't put myself through. I'm still gonna follow the game, and I'm sure I'll downloaded it again in a few months.
Don't pull a lucebuce

DunpealD

But what about the weekly FM? The new stages aren't paying themselves!

JusDoIt

Don't get left behind.

Edzi

The weekly challenges, and getting that goddamn platinum (damn you Extreme survival!), are the only reasons why I hesitate to pull the delete trigger.

I'm a married home-owner who works full-time, I'm already wayyyy behind.

3rd Strike.

Yes, it will be nice to finally have a decent outfit for Alex. I might even start using him!

Please stop, I don't wanna compete with more Alex players here when it comes to complaining loudly about the character.

Top Bottom