• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

LakeEarth

Please stop, I don't wanna compete with more Alex players here when it comes to complaining loudly about the character.

But why remove the oki from his EX knee smash? Why does s.mp push back on block so much? Why did Necalli get to keep his anti-air jab? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!??!

LakeEarth

I'm going to start compiling ways for full timers and people with kids to maximize their time in fighting games.
Rule #1, don't start playing late at night unless you're wide awake. By 1am last night, I was basically playing asleep. There were times where I had the match won if I had just burned a meter and then just ... didn't.

So do we still think that NA has the best SFV top players now? Or have the Japanese regained their superiority again? Or is Tokido just a special case?

Edzi

So do we still think that NA has the best SFV top players now? Or have the Japanese regained their superiority again? Or is Tokido just a special case?

I think Tokido was spot on in his post Evo interview. Japan has more (consistent) high level players, but America has one or two guys like Punk who utterly dominate. Tokido was definitely better than Punk during Evo, but until he can prove that he can keep that kind of play up consistently I still think Punk is overall the best player.

LakeEarth

Because Alex is synonymous with struggle.

Last one, why do his stomps have such a tiny hitbox, and active for such a short amount of time, AND is punishable on block (non-EX)? Compare it to Bison's stomp where he's a hitbox his entire way down, and can re-direct himself to safety if needed (it is slower though).

What feels the most tiresome to me are the people constantly coming into any thread related to SFV and complaining about the way the female characters are depicted. Over and over and over and over and over again.
Haha way back when SFV first dropped I actually ate a ban because I lost my temper in one of those threads.
Oh, he's also an actual idiot with a Necalli-like speech impediment and he's not just a goof. Wonderful.

Edit: Actually, maybe not. A character voiced by Xander Mobus has to be kinda clever, right?
What threw me for a loop is that there really should be an "It!" at the end there for it to sound right to me, but thinking about it in spoken word instead of written, I guess that would also sound weird when putting the emphasis on each word like that.

The idiot slot is already occupied by Necalli, so I would hope he's not another. It would have actually made for a cool subversion if this guy was one of the smartest ones in the cast, heh.
All the wikis are updated to SFV canon now, but I recall reading before that Abigail had some mental illness beforehand, explaining his weirdness. He definitely had a scarred childhood, I remember that.
It would be a good time to release a certain mode if that is the case
How amazing would that be as an anniversary announcement
But why remove the oki from his EX knee smash? Why does s.mp push back on block so much? Why did Necalli get to keep his anti-air jab? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!??!
Give Alex his goddam Tornado DDT again plz

ElFly

Last one, why do his stomps have such a tiny hitbox, and active for such a short amount of time, AND is punishable on block (non-EX)? Compare it to Bison's stomp where he's a hitbox his entire way down, and can re-direct himself to safety if needed (it is slower though).

prolly cause Alex stays next to the opponent and Bison can get away; theoretically, Alex can stay pressuring, while Bison has to risk the devil reverse

dunno why Alex is _punishable_ on block. he should be minus at most

I still think Punk is #1 in the world despite the beating Tokido gave him. Du was #2, but his defeats by Kazunoko and Tokido stand out a lot more to me than Punk getting dismantled by Tokido. So he's still top 5 to me but not the definitive #2 anymore. I think the Japanese top players are even with American top players. It's just that Punk is still ahead of the pack by quite a bit and Tokido happens to be his demon.

Tokido was amazing over the weekend but I gotta see more consistency to say he's a top 2/3 guy in the world because his performance up to this point has been subpar. I said the same thing about Luffy when he won EVO. Really great player, but not a top 3 guy and he didn't continue showing dominance when internationals kept coming over to Europe.

Edzi

Yeah, it's pretty bad. What's worse is that people can consistently react to both the stomp and his headbutt due to the ridiculously long startup, so at higher levels they're pretty much useless unless you really condition the opponent to be scared. Plus, I'm still pretty shit at aiming the damn things.

Call for CFN help here

Somehow my profile reset (went through the entire reinstall tutorial thing), even tho no one deleted it. I brainfarted and put an underscore in my CFN name and now I can't seem to recover my old EtrianOddity profile (and all its DLC and points).

I deleted and reinstalled, but the underscore/incorrect CFN is still default.

What am I supposed to do here?

LakeEarth

Yeah, it's pretty bad. What's worse is that people can consistently react to both the stomp and his headbutt due to the ridiculously long startup, so at higher levels they're pretty much useless unless you really condition the opponent to be scared. Plus, I'm still pretty shit at aiming the damn things.

It's so easy to miss, you can just slip right behind your opponent with the stomps. Compare this to 3rd Strike, where there were positions where a light stomp AND a medium stomp could hit your opponent. And it could cross-up. And, to be fair, it could be parried.

Edzi

It's so easy to miss, you can just slip right behind your opponent with the stomps. Compare this to 3rd Strike, where there were positions where a light stomp AND a medium stomp could hit your opponent. And it could cross-up. And, to be fair, it could be parried.

I think it'd be fair if they made it -2, but what do I know.

jett

D-Member
Is this a joke? it's one of the best

Man, it's one of the best in the game. He turns his opponent into a speed bag.

The idea is good, I find the quality of the animation lacking. It changes between different scenes that completely disregard the Abigail's' last frame of animation. There's no flow at all. My issue with Gief's CA is that there's no animation, lol.

In general though I don't like how Abigail animates, it just doesn't look up to par with the rest of the cast.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I think I've made the decision to delete SF5 for a little while. I have such an insane backlog that I need to put a dent into, and I've been playing angry lately (switched to Alex) which I shouldn't put myself through. I'm still gonna follow the game, and I'm sure I'll downloaded it again in a few months.

Just saw this. I actually took a forced sabbatical despite being off all summer as a teacher. I haven't played for about a month or slightly more. I didn't delete though, I never do. I did end up finishing Resident Evil 7 and am almost done with Nier and The Surge. But it's back to SF5 this weekend as I'm going over my friends house and we are going to have a session plus Abigail Next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK_Zfc1w3IE&feature=youtu.be

Says his parry can lead to a heavily scaled combo, but he still did a grip on 1025 Alex.
Finally got to watch this.

My reaction is...

uobghGX.gif
uobghGX.gif
uobghGX.gif

I'm calling it right now, this guy is gonna be my new main if it turns out he doesn't suck.

MCD250

I still think Punk is #1 in the world despite the beating Tokido gave him. Du was #2, but his defeats by Kazunoko and Tokido stand out a lot more to me than Punk getting dismantled by Tokido. So he's still top 5 to me but not the definitive #2 anymore. I think the Japanese top players are even with American top players. It's just that Punk is still ahead of the pack by quite a bit and Tokido happens to be his demon.
Nuckledu is obviously amazing, but I feel like he's never really had an extended period of truly unstoppable domination like Punk and Infiltration have had, not even after Capcom Cup. His level of skill is such that he can feasibly defeat some of the best fighting game players in history, sometimes quite convincingly, but he's never been able to maintain that aura of invincibility that I think is associated with the folks who've been considered the best for an extended period of time. I remember seeing him get bopped by MenaRD's Birdie shortly after Capcom Cup (we're talking just a few days later, here) and also losing to Kazunoko and Fuudo in Japan early this year (Du has since been able to defeat Fuudo convincingly). And of course, other talented players like Snake and Xiao Hai have beaten him (sometimes crushingly) in recent months too. Punk has had a few falters too (he also lost to Snake recently, and I don't think he's ever been able to defeat FChamp), but I think he and Infiltration (last year) can lay claim to being "the best" on the scene more credibly than Du has ever been able to tbh.

Disktrasa

Banned
Do you think there will be some edition or gamepack that will include all stages, colors/outfits?

I want to dive in now, but i really want all of those things and it will be expensive to buy all of that ingame so i want to hold on for some sort of edt that includes all, also very very eager to play now :/

Do you think there will be some edition or gamepack that will include all stages, colors/outfits?

I want to dive in now, but i really want all of those things and it will be expensive to buy all of that ingame so i want to hold on for some sort of edt that includes all, also very very eager to play now :/
I'm thinking Super (rumored to be coming early 2018) will include every character and stage up to S3 (and possibly even including S3 characters), but I doubt it'll include anything more than battle outfits, if even those, for $60.

Top Bottom