• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
When was the last maintenance by the way? They have gotten way better about it, but maybe it's just because of the lower online activity.

joe2187

Banned
Man I completely forgot Sony Rewards was a thing, I have just enough points to get a $50 gift card.

Season 2 pass get!

Edit:
Please note: Digital code orders can take up to 5 business days to process and will be shipped via email.

FUCKING WHY!?

I'm gonna spend a whole week in training mode just staring at my dude.

Scotia if it makes you feel better I have to work the next day so I only get to dick around with him for a little

tfw everyone is excited for Abigail but the Alex army is ready to get warmed up

colorswap.php

Being long winded hasn't honestly worked for them in the past. Not to say they shouldn't be more open than they currently are, especially when they have such neat treats coming in the not-too-far future, but this is a community and game that is really torn between having to focus on what is here & now, whilst also keeping them enticed in whats coming next.

Capcom's Community efforts obviously need an overhaul, to be clear, but their CMs have a very tough balancing act, much hard than most give them credit for anyway.
Is this S3 basically or can we expect major changes happening this calendar year?

I think with the hype of Evo and people seeing underneath the derp there is a great fighter here, Capcom should really push the balance update ASAP. It's really love/hate with the competitive scene right now and it would be smart for Capcom to get more of that love to grow.

Did you read the James Chen interview on the stage of SFV? How do you think the team is going to do in answering his concerns about SFV being overshadowed by other hyped games like DBFZ?

Is this S3 basically or can we expect major changes happening this calendar year?

I think with the hype of Evo and people seeing underneath the derp there is a great fighter here, Capcom should really push the balance update ASAP. It's really love/hate with the competitive scene right now and it would be smart for Capcom to get more of that love to grow.

Did you read the James Chen interview on the stage of SFV? How do you think the team is going to do in answering his concerns about SFV being overshadowed by other hyped games like DBFZ?

They just need to address the issues people have with the game. Rework the CC system, buff the low-tier, work on some hitbox/hurtbox issues, and add in some more flavor to the game like more v-triggers/CA and more combo potential.

Why does it matter if its over-shadowed by DBZ? SF has been on top for the longest time, I think it'll be ok if we have the second highest entrants at EVO 2018 for once.

Capcom's server maintenance needs to be better.

East Coast and Europe won't have the chance playing the new dlc.

Closing shifts are the worst.

I mean, hype fighters have always come out while SF has been 'current' in the competitive FGC and its persisted through it. DBFZ is a new & exciting thing and has the potential to reach a very large audience. Outside of that, a lot has to be seen on just what kind of audience it will wind up pulling in & what sort of competitive scene does grow around it - there is a lot of hype & excitement there but I wouldn't really buy into the idea that its some runaway freight train looking to completely upend the hierarchy of the FGC.

As for launching things now & building on the good will of the FGC - I think a part of what Capcom has been building up is a 'platform' of a fighter, so to speak, so its important that they let this season of CPT/SFV play out before they start introducing these radical changes. Like, we just got another balance update, and outside of a few characters needing to get slight buffs (FANG, Juri, Alex), I think the balance of the roster is in a solid spot (with the exception of Balrog damage output), and EVO honestly did a great job at showing the FGC just what is what in terms of balance when it comes to SFV.

I think the community is slowly coming around to SFV, just like the community did with SF4. Its all a similar timeline here from my perspective.

Yeah I'm in Scotland so the Abigail release is Wednesday morning for me too. I'm considering a nap so I can just wake up and play through his solo stuff before work then a whole load of fights as him tomorrow night.

I think he looks like great fun.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, for a year all their weekly maintenances happened during prime European gaming time. Nothing new here.

Zackat

I hope Capcom buffs Juri, Fang, and Alex. Not seeing those three at tournaments, especially Juri which I never see, stinks.

MCD250

I know she hasn't been around that long, but I kinda have a hard time thinking Kolin could be that low.

EDIT: and oh yeah, no way I buy that Bupson is better than Urien (unless the order isn't meant to be anything).

MCD250

Checking my CFN I realized Alex was my 2nd most used character lol. I've used him less than 10 times in S2 though.

That nostalgia costume might bring me back but the struggle of using two low tier characters (laura and alex) might not be worth it..
Time to get a pocket Necalli to balance it out.

So Casual really is just full of a bunch of smurfs who teabag and taunt nonstop, isn't it

Really trying to figure out a pocket character but no one is gelling with me other than Gief. Save me Abigail lol

Not sure if it's in order per tier tbh

Still dumb to have Laura that low.

Tier lists are getting stupid for many games. Every tournament result skews opinions, bias of the player happens,and shit gets shifted around too often. GP02A was supposed to be good with his buffs and the Striker system but that suit is straight ASS in Gundam Versus but people thought his additions would save him. Nope.

SFV has a different tier list every damn week, or day depending on who you follow. I think maybe Tekken is the only one to have a standardized tier list but fuck me if I don't see people debating Jack 7 as high tier.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Win percentages are tough when barely anyone plays that character on a top level. Or even then...like is Punk's Karin the benchmark when he's the only one winning majors with her?

But it's funny how different the tier lists are. It's almost like you can pick one that suits you.

Top Bottom