• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Marvel

could never
Most patient Ken I ever faced, but he forgot about my V-Skill and V-Trigger lol
h4p64smj

So Casual really is just full of a bunch of smurfs who teabag and taunt nonstop, isn't it
Yup lol

DunpealD

Slightly off topic. Gundam Versus is getting 7 DLC units from now till next month. 1 came free with the premium edition, 1 is preorder bonus and the rest are 602 yen + tax(that's like 6 bucks per unit).
That's some heavy duty DLC strats. Especially when the output stays like that.

Obviously can't earn units like in SFV. I think GVS would be that one game, which would gain a ton from the FM system.

Slightly off topic. Gundam Versus is getting 7 DLC units from now till next month. 1 came free with the premium edition, 1 is preorder bonus and the rest are 602 yen + tax(that's like 6 bucks per unit).

Obviously can't earn units like in SFV. I think GVS would be that one game, which would gain a ton from the FM system.

That game could have been great as a service. That shit is going to have a crazy amount of DLC. I would have killed for a fm system. Ugh.

Still dumb to have Laura that low.

Tier lists are getting stupid for many games. Every tournament result skews opinions, bias of the player happens,and shit gets shifted around too often. GP02A was supposed to be good with his buffs and the Striker system but that suit is straight ASS in Gundam Versus but people thought his additions would save him. Nope.

SFV has a different tier list every damn week, or day depending on who you follow. I think maybe Tekken is the only one to have a standardized tier list but fuck me if I don't see people debating Jack 7 as high tier.

nah Laura is definitely a solid C tier tbh.

Yea tier lists are mostly biased. I do prefer it this way when it's multiple people making one list instead of just their personal list.

Most patient Ken I ever faced, but he forgot about my V-Skill and V-Trigger lol
h4p64smj

Yup lol

Would this combo drop if they quick rise? Or is it guaranteed from full screen?

nvm lol

Marvel

could never
I didnt know the stomp OTGd, that looked really cool.
Yeah typically for the most part EX V-Trigger groundstomp is rare, as after an EX Inferno (during V-trig) you can only combo into it if they don't quickrise.

But a parry reflect into Trigger, stomp is a true and guaranteed OTG combo.

Would this combo drop if they quick rise? Or is it guaranteed from full screen?
100% OTG combo success anywhere on screen, with this method.

Edit:np count lol

MCD250

When S2 dropped, I used to think the top tier folks were Urien, Guile, Laura and Balrog, and then a little further behind you had a small section for folks like Cammy and Necalli, and then there was a big gap after which came the rest of the cast, which was mostly balanced except for outliers like Ryu and Alex.

These days though, I'm not so sure. I still think Guile and Urien are the best in the game, but other than that I don't think I can make pronouncements about where anyone else places (beyond obvious stuff like the fact that Cammy and Necalli are still high tier, and Alex is still low tier). Halfway through the year, the tier list seems pretty mutable.

Thankfully the NA version gets some reprieve with HS/Virtue/Lupus as pre-order bonuses, but yeah I think Bamco knows its base well enough to get with these prices. Sorta the same deal with the Premium G version this time around too.

Hopefully down the line they add older DLC to the roster of things able to be purchased with the in-game points (is it still GP?), but at most I see them putting them in packs ala full boost. As long as Mbon keeps adding suits this Arcade/Console model will probably be pretty sustainable for quite a while.

Bob White

So I fought a Juri today who kept doing LP pinwheel. I look it up and see, oh, it's -3 and it leaves her pretty close. Free punish.

Then I'm like, "oh shit, I remember this move constantly shitting on my scrubby ass in SF4."

So I boot up Ultra to test out some punishes. Holy SHIT I was bad at 4. I'm no beast now but fucking hell...I didn't even know the importance of 3 frame moves back then. I let SO much shit go unchecked.

I'd so give SF4 a chance again if they released it with roll back netcode.

mbpm1

So I fought a Juri today who kept doing LP pinwheel. I look it up and see, oh, it's -3 and it leaves her pretty close. Free punish.

Then I'm like, "oh shit, I remember this move constantly shitting on my scrubby ass in SF4."

So I boot up Ultra to test out some punishes. Holy SHIT I was bad at 4. I'm no beast now but fucking hell...I didn't even know the importance of 3 frame moves back then. I let SO much shit go unchecked.

I'd so give SF4 a chance again if they released it with roll back netcode.
Pretty sure it's -8 on crouchers. Duck and hit a button everytime

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if this update will have some software improvements. The bigger ones like this one usually had some.

Thankfully the NA version gets some reprieve with HS/Virtue/Lupus as pre-order bonuses, but yeah I think Bamco knows its base well enough to get with these prices. Sorta the same deal with the Premium G version this time around too.

Hopefully down the line they add older DLC to the roster of things able to be purchased with the in-game points (is it still GP?), but at most I see them putting them in packs ala full boost. As long as Mbon keeps adding suits this Arcade/Console model will probably be pretty sustainable for quite a while.

Like damn gimme a season pass. Someone said sfv is the worst and when shit like Gundam exists I have to disagree.

Abby when I get off work let's gooooo

I wonder if this update will have some software improvements. The bigger ones like this one usually had some.

We might be getting that. The Japanese CFN maintenance entry seemingly mentions changes to functions, but that's by way of google translate, so that it for what you will.

Ucchedavāda;244449051 said:
We might be getting that. The Japanese CFN maintenance entry seemingly mentions changes to functions, but that's by way of google translate, so that it for what you will.

so they're rebalancing characters?

MCD250

Have you guys ever seen a player with a reaper icon yet?
I haven't seen one. Though in theory, you *shouldn't* see them, at least not in ranked or casual, because the idea is supposed to be that they mostly or exclusively get matched with each other.

I also haven't had anyone quit on me in a hot minute.

Marvel

could never
No but I don't think I've been RQed on since CFN 2.0.
I haven't seen one. Though in theory, you *shouldn't* see them, at least not in ranked or casual, because the idea is supposed to be that they mostly or exclusively get matched with each other.

I also haven't had anyone quit on me in a hot minute.
Ahhh, gotcha.

Yeah must admit I haven't seen many myself. Just two in battle lounge the last couple days.

Which character has the most plus on block moves? I remember launch Nash was pretty much safe off everything on block, but Rashid really feels like he can throw out a ton of light specials without any fear.

Have you guys ever seen a player with a reaper icon yet?
No, like where the honor badge should be??

If you judge it for its esportsiness, then maybe that's justified?! It's on TV regularly now, Capcom Pro Tour is pretty well done and the fulltime pro scene is very solid now.

If you look at the game itself, though...

I do think it deserves to be nominated based on it's eSports performance.
That is, IMO, one thing that Capcom has done right.

Whether or not it deserves to win is another question.

Ucchedavāda;244451634 said:
I do think it deserves to be nominated based on it's eSports performance.
That is, IMO, one thing that Capcom has done right.

Whether or not it deserves to win is another question.
This.

Top Bottom