• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

mbpm1

I hate RAAM too.

Up until I land an 80% damage combo with his instinct + poison then he's the best character ever.
I wouldn't blame you for it either.
I'm with you on raam often. And Camus sfiv theme >>>>>> campus sfv theme. Sakuras wasn't that bad neither. Gen theme was cool too

MrCarter

Just heard the full theme from Ryu stage

https://youtu.be/Zo8MDPCnL2E

Why is the soundtrack in this game so good

aQPc6bo.gif

Edit: and omg at the Ring of Pride theme

https://youtu.be/BIqbkwZc9Ew

giphy.gif

OMGGGG both of these tracks shits over anything Injustice tried to do for their game. The composers on this OST are amazing!

joe2187

Banned
I'm glad that I never went into that thread.

"USFIV was better looking than SFV"

"USFIV was better balanced than SFV"

"USFIV had a better netcode than SFV"

"USFIV was like 3rd Strike"

"Ultras and Focus Attacks were better"

"Ken looked good"

"SFxT and SFIV had a better soundtrack"

You'll probably see the same shit if you watch any new episodes of Excellent adventures too.

vulva

I was just kidding anyways. I can't imagine people actually listening to video game music when you can just use spotify on the ps4 and whatever you want on PC

"Ken looked good"

You'll probably see the same shit if you watch any new episodes of Excellent adventures too.
You're giving me PTSD here from all the reminders of that thread.

JusDoIt

"Ken looked good"

The Cult of Miek Russ.

I was just kidding anyways. I can't imagine people actually listening to video game music when you can just use spotify on the ps4 and whatever you want on PC
Do you mean just for fighting games or games in general?

I can understand that for fighting games, you just want to zone out and perhaps the in-game music isn't the best for that. Weird thing for me is that SF is the only fighting game series where I'd want to do that. Tekken, KI, Mahvel, and a few others I just want to listen to the in-game soundtrack because it has that motivating factor that just makes me wanna keep playing.

I can't imagine wanting to do that for games in GENERAL though.

Mizerman

"Ken looked good"

Ha!

Marvel

could never
Yeah I use spotify a lot.

I turn game music off when I make a video.

mbpm1

I can understand that for fighting games, you just want to zone out and perhaps the in-game music isn't the best for that. Weird thing for me is that SF is the only fighting game series where I'd want to do that. Tekken, KI, Mahvel, and a few others I just want to listen to the in-game soundtrack because it has that motivating factor that just makes me wanna keep playing.

To vulva all video game stories are equally bad, let that tell you all

Bob White

SF4 music is why I now play with the sound off. Not even kidding. And now that I'm use to it I haven't looked back for years.

That's how crazy Batman's made Goth--I mean, that's how shitty SF4's music was!

Again.

giphy.gif

That electric guitar 🎸

This game possibly has the best OST of a SF game to date. I'd say it's on par with SF3, if not even better due to the variety of stage and character themes.
I saw your previous post, I just didn't respond because of the unnecessary injustice dig.

MechaX

I know this is beyond soundtrack talk (although, Rashido and wubwubwub Akuma are god tier), but I tried playing with Kolin.

I... honestly kind of like her. I like her play style in the sense that she can set up ice balls so I have some time to think/make the opponent block or take some actions I can expect. Too bad she seems pretty technical for me. At the core, I am comfortable playing at range and typically want players to come to me to get in, not me trying to get in, and I feel Kolin has some tools to kinda play her in that fashion.

I keep 99% of all game music on, heck I even turn it up if I can.

I have a friend who will mute all game music even if it's the first time playing it, and play his own stuff in the bg; it pisses me off.

I played Gears 1-3 and at no point do I remember Raam poisoning anybody.
His poison is krylls eating at you.

His instinct is Krylls covering the background and chipping away at your health (which was a thing in GoW1 during nighttime, don't know about the rest).

His "focus attack" is him using Kryll to gain a hit of amour and then sending forth the kryll.

His command grab is a thing from the games.

All in all, he's fairly loyal. Though I'd say Arbiter is even moreso.

Zackat

idk Valerian was really fun and felt like an 80s sci fi adventure movie, cheesy but with a cast of side character who exude personality.

Baby Driver felt like a movie that thought it was way cooler than it was with not much else to fall back on.

edit: for some reason I thought this was posted in the fghq thread, not trying to talk about the movie twice in a row for no good reason.
I loved all of the side characters. The little vulture/pterodactyl dudes were funny. Ethan Hawke and Clive Owen were hammy goodness. The world was beautiful, you could see where all the budget went. I even liked Cara's character.

It was basically Dane that ruined it for me. I was not sold at all.

vulva

I only really play fighting games, so I guess the answer is still yes. Well I also play puzzle games and shmups, but the answer is still yes.

To vulva all video game stories are equally bad, let that tell you all

Quite a bold claim, let's see what vulva has to say.

Yeah video game stories have all been awful from what I've seen so far. I'm open that something could be good but I haven't seen any yet.

edit: @zackat yeah he wasn't great and rihanna was obviously awful in it too but I can forgive those when the rest was pretty much a joy. I'm used to sterile, bland worlds in things like guardians or modern star wars, so this was a genuine pleasure in comparison

Yeah video game stories have all been awful from what I've seen so far. I'm open that something could be good but I haven't seen any yet.
Yakuza 0 is a game that's had everybody I know flabbergasted at the incredibly good storytelling, plot and voice acting in the game. It's also one of the most "cinematic" options out there so that's cool too. It's also a beat-em-up so fighting game fans should feel somewhat at home.

While I wouldn't say that there aren't any games with good plots, standout games generally have good storytelling rather than good plot, I must say.

I like the comics, they're just all around campy fun really.

But that's the thing, that's all fine and good in one shots that don't mean anything other than a quick ounce of fun, but I wouldn't want something like that in a full fledged fighter. They did that and dialed it to 11 in SFxT, and it ended up being cringy instead of funny.

XenoRaven

His poison is krylls eating at you.

His instinct is Krylls covering the background and chipping away at your health (which was a thing in GoW1 during nighttime, don't know about the rest).

His "focus attack" is him using Kryll to gain a hit of amour and then sending forth the kryll.

His command grab is a thing from the games.

All in all, he's fairly loyal. Though I'd say Arbiter is even moreso.
I thought the poison might be a kryll thing. That actually all checks out.

kikiribu

Which 30th anniversary announcements are we talking about?

You already got USF2
August 30th is the SF 30th Anniversary.

My hope that is they reveal both Menat and Zeku, and tease Season 3 with Sagat as the face of it.

I will be severely let down though for sure.

Top Bottom