• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Wish capcom would put more of there other franchises characters like and Darkstalkers into Street fighter

No thanks.

There's a reason Darkstalkers and Street Fighter could exist simultaneously despite being functionally similar. They are completely different universes and aesthetics that clash horribly with one another.

Like seeing some of the SFvDS comics has only reaffirmed to me that even that crossover is a bad idea.

Zackat

What a coincidence, I saw both today.

It was such a weird feeling. Seeing such an amazing movie and then seeing a shitshow.
And I love Sci-Fi.

So do I. What a let-down that thing was. The actors had no chemistry together whatsoever. Facepalmed several times.

kikiribu

Just heard the full theme from Ryu stage

https://youtu.be/Zo8MDPCnL2E

Why is the soundtrack in this game so good

aQPc6bo.gif

Edit: and omg at the Ring of Pride theme

https://youtu.be/BIqbkwZc9Ew

MCD250

I think I saw a trailer for Valerian when I went to see Spider-Man a couple weeks ago. It looked waaaaaay too creepily CGI'd for me.

Spidey was pretty good tho.

kikiribu

Holy shit. Lmao @ sf4 having better stage music
Who the fuck said this? SF4 had one of the shittiest soundtracks. It's one of the many reasons I hated that game. SF5's soundtrack is so good I wish Capcom would release it officially when the game is finally done adding content. I think they have to at this point, and add an in-game jukebox. I don't like the way it works currently, having to add it to a list and exit out into main menu. It's inconvenient.

yeah Valerian was super fun
I actually agree with this. I can't help but picture Armond White wearing a monocle and sipping tea whenever I see overly critical posts about something that is just meant to be simple fun.

vulva

Baby Driver was a good movie

Valerian was a shitty movie

idk Valerian was really fun and felt like an 80s sci fi adventure movie, cheesy but with a cast of side character who exude personality.

Baby Driver felt like a movie that thought it was way cooler than it was with not much else to fall back on.

edit: for some reason I thought this was posted in the fghq thread, not trying to talk about the movie twice in a row for no good reason.

Whaat the only themes I don't like are Juri, Laura (and her stupid stage), and like that's it. Maybe Kolin's because it doesn't necessarily sound like a fighting game song to me. Abby's isn't my grab but I wouldn't say it's bad though.

Everything else is either good or amazing.

SF4's is fucking god awful. Like trash. Guy, Rog, Cody, and like Ryu and a few others had decent ones. The rest were mediocre to trash. And I barely remember them. Can't say the same for other SF titles.

idk Valerian was really fun and felt like an 80s sci fi adventure movie, cheesy but with a cast of side character who exude personality.

Baby Driver felt like a movie that thought it was way cooler than it was with not much else to fall back on.

edit: for some reason I thought this was posted in the fghq thread, not trying to talk about the movie twice in a row for no good reason.
I learned a while ago that I like the movies you don't like.

So thanks for the recommendations!

Ken's theme was fucking atrocious in SFIV. Not as bad as SFV Juri, but it was really close.

Sakura's never had a better theme, though. I'm a little worried about how it'll be in SFV.

JusDoIt

SF4 has the worst Street Fighter soundtrack overall. Free. Unless we're counting The Movie: The Game.

Ed's and Abigail's themes are trash, but everything else in SFV ranges from listenable to amazing.

I wish Capcom would make a Jukebox/Capcom Tunes mode or something with music from all the other games.

haunts I know you're reading this, pls forget everything I said about crush counters being retarded in neutral (actually keep that in too) and tell them the people want a jukebox option

Ed's themes is trash
You are no longer my friend.

fwiw best movie to come out in the past couple weeks was either the beguiled or girls trip.
I now know to stay clear of those movies, thanks.

I wish Capcom would make a Jukebox/Capcom Tunes mode or something with music from all the other games.

haunts I know you're reading this, pls forget everything I said about crush counters being retarded in neutral (actually keep that in too) and tell them the people want a jukebox option
As I said in another thread, this needs to be a feature for EVERY fighting game franchise.

mbpm1

I really want this too. Email Hauntsrada

joe2187

Banned
No thanks.

There's a reason Darkstalkers and Street Fighter could exist simultaneously despite being functionally similar. They are completely different universes and aesthetics that clash horribly with one another.

Like seeing some of the SFvDS comics has only reaffirmed to me that even that crossover is a bad idea.

I like the comics, they're just all around campy fun really.

Who the fuck said this? SF4 had one of the shittiest soundtracks. It's one of the many reasons I hated that game. SF5's soundtrack is so good I wish Capcom would release it officially when the game is finally done adding content. I think they have to at this point, and add an in-game jukebox. I don't like the way it works currently, having to add it to a list and exit out into main menu. It's inconvenient.

That USFIV was better than SFV thread was some shit bro.

vulva

You are no longer my friend.

I now know to stay clear of those movies, thanks.

As I said in another thread, this needs to be a feature for EVERY fighting game franchise.

Lol, I get it. You have garbage taste in everything (games like killer instinct, chars like fang, music like sf4 stage music and movies in general). Pretty good schtick imo

MrCarter

Can somebody remind Capcom that Darkstalkers exists and I want a new game?

Or at least port Resurrection to PC. It would make these maintenance waits that much easier to deal with.

That's certainly the only revival I want to see from past games (i.e not SFIV) however we are simply getting Jedah in MvCi and have to deal with it :(

Lol, I get it. You have garbage taste in everything (games like killer instinct, chars like fang, music like sf4 stage music and movies in general). Pretty good schtick imo
Ehh it works for me.

But I never said I like sf4 stage music, that's too shit even by my standards. I only like (some) of the character themes.

joe2187

Banned

Killer Instinct is not garbage....only his decision to like General RAAM is garbage about that game....otherwise carry on.

Couldn't stand SF4's music, but it was also in part due to how the game handled it and most of the round just had some alternate form of the track due to ultras being available or someone being low health.

Like, the drive-in at night stage has some pretty good music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-VPGPVUuM8

It's just that the only thing I remember about it is the repetitive diarrhea they turn it into because the theme isn't given enough play in match to get to that good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-VPGPVUuM8#t=2m50s

Top Bottom