• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

kikiribu

I'm sweating just from seeing what it's like to have him in the corner against someone. His front flip is so horrifying-looking and all of his animations are so good.

JusDoIt

Juri looking fresh
29c4a17eb5.jpg

Though her battle still looks the best imo

Juri looking like she's about to make the Putty Patrol fight the Power Rangers.

Edzi

^ I think it's time to learn Ibuki.

Seriously though, I've got the urge to buy a few premium costumes today for characters I don't normally use in an attempt to force me to learn them.

Zackat

he's pretty damn fun to play. I am messin around on him right now. Some of these combos where you need to charge the punch are kinda tricky to time, or is it just me?

Quick mirror match notes

-Nitro Grab can interrupt Abby Punch, HK Slam, and Nitro Flip if you armor the first hit.
-cr.MP or cr.Vroom is an easy way to piss off another Abby. Nothing can beat them at that range, and if he jumps, you get an extremely good setup with AA st.LP xx Nitro Grab.
-Nitro Flip is stupid punishable. Not sure if you can land a good Heavy attack, but you can punish with either of Abby's command grabs. Don't use this move unless you're fighting a zoner.

More general notes
-st.LP xx Nitro Grab is a busted AA. Nobody jumps from the grab. It's an easy 250dmg/330 stun.
-I think st.HP is safe at range. Couple that with the CC VT-cancel jump-in, and you have yourself some bait to go fishing with.
-If your opponent is high on stun or in the corner after a knockdown, just keep rushing them down with Nitro Charge and use the grab two or three times, followed by a Nitro Punch.
-cr.MK xx Nitro Charge is a really weird looking cancel that is sure to get some guaranteed Nitro Grabs for the first week or so.
-cr.HP xx Heavy or EX Abby Punch seems to be the best ender to EX command grab. Just note that you don't get an ender in the corner, and you have to delay the EX cancel to land it after crouch fierce.

Top Bottom