• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Zackat

zXrWpXS.png

for lulubop

but seriously

if i remember right, Alex is the chosen one/messiah figure of the Street Fighter universe, and Gill finds extreme interest in him

hell, the whole SF 3 tournament was pretty much about testing Alex

that has to be the next storyline

Scotia

Banned
but seriously

if i remember right, Alex is the chosen one/messiah figure of the Street Fighter universe, and Gill finds extreme interest in him

lol this came out of nowhere

But i agree though

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, they did that because they wanted to make Alex the poster boy for SF3. But we all now know that Alex sucks. So that won't happen.

Edzi

but seriously

It'd be cool, but I get the impression that they're setting up to retcon SF3 entirely.

Scotia

Banned
i mentioned it last night as well, but i hope Alex is the central figure of the next story mode

Sim even hints at it in the storymode

Ah, I missed that lol.

And yeah, I really hope SF6 moves past SF3. Alex needs to be in the starting roster for that game as well.

Mizerman

but seriously

Well yeah, Alex was hinted at having something special to have Gill's interest. But it's up to Capcom to want to advance the story post-Third Strike.

JusDoIt

Ucchedavāda;244551132 said:
I don't think that it is the same people working on the website and the actual game.

I would imagine that it is quite a different task to pose a static model, set up fixed light sources, take a screenshot, and then tweak it in Photoshop (see Laura's hand), compared to producing something that works for animated models with dynamic lighting in-engine.

I know it's different teams, but this stuff just shows how a little more polish could do wonders for the game. SFV should be looking as good during the character select and win screens as it does during rounds.

Scotia

Banned
My money is on Alex having some blood connection with Gill and Urien

If you're interested in Alex and his connections to the Secret Society, I highly recommend UDON's Street Fighter Unlimited series. Alex is a major character in it and his backstory with Gill and Urien is essentially whaT I want from Alex post-SF3.

MCD250

I'd be cool with SFVI focusing more on Alex and having Ryu ascend to a kind of "elder statesman of Street Fighter" role. No longer the apprentice but the master, that sort of thing. I feel like V and III already kinda set that up with him mastering the Satsui No Hado, beating Necalli and Bison decisively (well, everybody beats Necalli, but you know) and then becoming Alex's demon.

I know it's different teams, but this stuff just shows how a little more polish could do wonders for the game. SFV should be looking as good during the character select and win screens as it does during rounds.

I can't argue with that.
SFV could definitely use some more polish!

Ryce

If I had my way, season three would include Sagat, Sakura, the three new characters from Ed's story, and Tom.

There'd be a second General Story that takes place immediately before the events of III, dealing with the rise of Ed's Neo-Shadaloo as a peacekeeping militia that Gill wants to wipe out (and he succeeds), with Alex and Tom appearing in the epilogue.

I imagine the mystery girl in Ed's story to be his twin separated at birth and the character Menat alludes to (or some other convoluted anime nonsense), the old man to be a former associate of Bison's, and the gorilla to be a Shadaloo test subject. They band together to form Neo-Shadaloo as a reminder of Shadaloo's evil and to prevent an organization like it from ever gaining power again, which Gill perceives as a threat.

Dartastic

So, that Ryu costume DLC where he's got bamboo in his mouth is Capcom Cup 2017 DLC right? That costume is AWESOME. Played someone with it last night and was shocked at how good it was.

Mizerman

I'd be cool with SFVI focusing more on Alex and having Ryu ascend to a kind of "elder statesman of Street Fighter" role. No longer the apprentice but the master, that sort of thing. I feel like V and III already kinda set that up with him mastering the Satsui No Hado, beating Necalli and Bison decisively (well, everybody beats Necalli, but you know) and then becoming Alex's demon.

Plus with him receiving training of sorts from Oro, Ryu would probably end up being a stronger version of Gouken. Awaiting that one challenge...

My money is on Alex having some blood connection with Gill and Urien

Eh, probably just have some weird innate ability that'll manifest.

Marvel

could never
So, that Ryu costume DLC where he's got bamboo in his mouth is Capcom Cup 2017 DLC right? That costume is AWESOME. Played someone with it last night and was shocked at how good it was.
Nope, School uniform :) and yes it is SO good. I use it when I play Ryu. (Rare but yeah)

MCD250

I think the one with the stick in his mouth is his school costume, actually.

Edit: ^

Top Bottom