• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So far day 1 Abigails aren't providing the same challenge as day 1 Kolins and Eds did for me.

It's gonna take some practice to get a sense of when a jump attack will cross up. I've already fallen victim to the self-mixup a few times.

LordKasual

Banned
People usually praise games for weird stuff like this, you know.

To be honest, if it wasn't SFV then I wouldn't even have an issue with it. Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Marvel, Smash, even Tekken in the right circumstances, this wouldn't be all that surprising to me.

but SFV....ugh. I already have too many issues with the way this game is designed and what it chooses to reward. It's like the game is conflicted on whether or not it wants to be solid or a hype comeback fiasco where some guy gets blocked once and dies for it.

but whatever, this game has always been silly

Wait, it's okay if other games do it? Situational shit almost never happens. And you could 100 percent people in most sf games. Fuck alpha games had infinites, in SF2 you could clean someone out with a nice jump in, and don't get me started on SFEX. SFV at least makes that shit so situational you won't ever see it in your lifetime.

Damn. Exposed 👌. Kasual living up to his name.

Sayad

Abigail's story was written for SFIV's Juri:
HMtYfhg.png

Scotia

Banned
So how did that work, did he get to come back after KO with some or full health or rejuvenate like the girl from Africa?

I didn't get to play much SF3.

If you KO Gill while he has a full bar of super he'll resurrect himself and fill his health back to full, but if you manage to hit him quickly enough during the resurrection animation it'll stop filling up.

Pompadour

To be honest, if it wasn't SFV then I wouldn't even have an issue with it. Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Marvel, Smash, even Tekken in the right circumstances, this wouldn't be all that surprising to me.

but SFV....ugh. I already have too many issues with the way this game is designed and what it chooses to reward. It's like the game is conflicted on whether or not it wants to be solid or a hype comeback fiasco where some guy gets blocked once and dies for it.

Man, Dhalsims don't just throw out CA like that. If this is a problem here it's a problem with Urien, too.

LordKasual

Banned
Wait, it's okay if other games do it? Situational shit almost never happens. And you could 100 percent people in most sf games. Fuck alpha games had infinites, in SF2 you could clean someone out with a nice jump in, and don't get me started on SFEX. SFV at least makes that shit so situational you won't ever see it in your lifetime.

SFV isn't like third strike or any of those games though, which is why when stuff like that happens it feels so stupid

but whatever, i'm not even going to hide my bias against SFV

I just do not like the game anymore

It's something that is never going to happen in a match. What are you even complaining about

Skilletor

SFV isn't like third strike or any of those games though, which is why when stuff like that happens it feels so stupid

So basically you don't like SF5, so you think things that happen in other SF games is stupid in SF5.

Makes sense.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

There are plenty of valid reasons not to like the game but citing this example as one of them is just transparently irrational stupidity.

MrCarter

Can you go hide your bias somewhere else then? It's one thing to be biased and have some sort of constructive criticism but you're being obtuse by whining about the most arbitrary thing possible. Everything that happens in these Desk-like combo videos doesn't actually occur in a real match.

Believe me you weren't hiding anything lol. That was pretty evident when you hand waved like every other game.

LordKasual

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;244562673 said:
It's something that is never going to happen in a match. What are you even complaining about
There are plenty of valid reasons not to like the game but citing this example as one of them is just transparently irrational stupidity.
Can you go hide your bias somewhere else then? It's one thing to be biased and have some sort of constructive criticism but you're being obtuse by whining about the most arbitrary thing possible. Everything that happens in these Desk-like combo videos doesn't actually occur in a real match.

did that post really read like i'm basing my opinion off a single situational training mode video

LordKasual

Banned

Mizerman

did that post really read like i'm basing my opinion off a single situational training mode video

Yet you started off with posting an video that was out of context just for some cheap "gotcha" points. You had an agenda from the start, so don't try to BS me. BS yourself all you want, but not to me.

LordKasual

Banned
Yet you started off with posting an video that was out of context just for some cheap "gotcha" points. You had an agenda from the start, so don't try to BS me. BS yourself all you want, but not to me.

an "agenda"? The fuck?

aight den

In the wise words of Infiltration: "Enjoy your game"

what he said, i'll leave you guys to it

i was serious doe, i have nothing to do at work, so fite me

Well, i wasn't, and anyone who plays the game should be aware of how much damage you take when over half the cast hits you with Vtrigger up.

Balrog does not have to charge turnpunch that long for his punishes to be stupid.

We all know. I mean it's v trigger and resources. Everyone knows how explosive this game gets and that there are dumb things. But what you posted was like whining about a thing that can happen in one in a million chances while ignoring other games. Abby might have some stupid shit but pretending like other games don't and hand waving them because of bias will probably land you some rebuttals.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You can really tell how tired people are of defending the game lol

I'm pretty much over it, just say whatever. Sometimes a post in General gets to me, though.

SFIV and SFV would both be so much fun if it didn't have stupid comeback mechanics.
You can really tell how tired people are of defending the game lol

I'm pretty much over it, just say whatever. Sometimes a post in General gets to me, though.
This!

Skilletor

Seems like I can't log into the CFN site with my PSN account because I've got two factor authentication turned on. Anybody else have a problem?

Like... I dunno. I've never understood the ire against any comeback mechanic. Like, there is this impression that if something can even remotely be misconstrued as a comeback mechanic, its awful/evil. The only case I ever really agreed with this is X-Factor, but when I look at several other games, I really don't find any comeback mechanics I find fault with, including SFV.

Top Bottom