• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Btw I just set up fightcade on my PC too (after weeks of putting it off) so if anyone from the EU wants to play some classic games sometime, feel free to hit me up!

Gaf removes the transparency when I upload the Juri av for whatever reason so you chumps gotta deal with some purple for a while. Nvm, I'll stick it out with Christard for now. Can somebody please avatar-ify the Nostalgia Juri?

Anyway, the Psycho Pass update to the CRI is a great update. But you know when we really needed this update? Back when the game was suffering sales-wise and people were clamoring for a CFN app. Either way, I do really appreciate things like this, and I hope we see more awesome updates in the near-future.

MrCarter

Guess I'll be adding profiles again to the OP list.

Lies
CMY_00.png

Ucchedavāda;244526961 said:

YAAS QUEEEN

CNL_04.png

RMK_05.png

She looks so good here, I think it's the mask + hair combination; prolly the colours too.

This game really is one of the best looking fighters of this generation. Beautiful stuff here. If anyone says that it's ugly just link them this so they can see how wrong they are.

Guys... guys I finally did it. I hit Gold for the first time ever!
6ki8rsvu

So happy right now.

Well done!

So I bought the Capcom Pro Tour DLC, and I guess since I didn't buy it when it first released I can't complete any of the "Win ___ Ranked matches" challenges? Or is there something I'm missing.

Holy FUCK Abby is fun.

Motherfucker could be a demon in the right hands. He's still based on reads I think, and getting used to comboing anything is kinda hard , but damn if this dude ain't the one for me.

I think that parry is going to be real useful when the week 1 gimmicks run out. But I'm having a blast playing with him, even if I've only won a single game (to be fair, I know like three combos and I still can't use his v-trigger stuff correctly).

Holy FUCK Abby is fun.

Motherfucker could be a demon in the right hands. He's still based on reads I think, and getting used to comboing anything is kinda hard , but damn if this dude ain't the one for me.

I think that parry is going to be real useful when the week 1 gimmicks run out. But I'm having a blast playing with him, even if I've only won a single game (to be fair, I know like three combos and I still can't use his v-trigger stuff correctly).
I wanna see him on WNF for sure

It's a turn based system. Laura had her turn just like Ryu. Season 3 belongs to Gunfight, Infiltration and Xian. They're gonna rest in pieces come season 4, though. Better believe it.

She only got like a few months vs Ryu getting a whole year to eat.

Alex is already a great character too tbh

mbpm1

For all the hate he gets, Abby's the one newcomer I appreciate the most.

When the dude whiffs a CA he fucking comments on it, I love him.
I don't think he gets hate like that anymore

He's just too much fun. I think they actually knocked it outside of the park personality wise. If only he was a little less dumb.
He still made the best impression of the newcomers imo when I got a chance to sit with him. Ed was a total miss though

For all the hate he gets, Abby's the one newcomer I appreciate the most.

When the dude whiffs a CA he fucking comments on it, I love him.

Sort of fourth wall breaking (also literally) goof who looks like he's on the mother of all juice and acts like a car whilst carrying over a design so early nineties it hurts.
Somehow turns out far more likeable than this sentence should indicate, goes to show just how much well presented mannerisms can work.

Lulubop

The problem is less with his model and more with the lighting and poses they choose for the char select and some camera angles.

I think something is up with his textures on the character select screen like they don't load properly, his hair and clothes are noticeable worse than any other character on the select screen as well. IDK what's up, Capcom should have fixed whatever the issue was ages ago but his ingame is fine as we can see.

mbpm1

I think it's interesting cos he really doesn't seem that dumb or car obsessed in his win quotes. It's there but he actually feels cool from what he says at the end. He compliments Alex's car but tells him to fix his engine before they talk. He tells Balrog to try dodging more and not run into his fist. Like, Abigail doesn't even box. He swings himself around like a goon and he's giving boxing advice to Balrog. Such disrespect, I love it.
But the other half of the time he's shrieking car noises. Idk

JusDoIt

It's really smart that Capcom put all this work in tweaking the lighting and poses to make SFV look absolutely gorgeous on a website that they apparently don't want anybody to know about instead of wasting time tweaking the lighting and poses to make SFV look absolutely gorgeous in the game.

mbpm1

It's really smart that Capcom put all this work in tweaking the lighting and poses to make SFV look absolutely gorgeous on a website that they apparently don't want anybody to know about instead of wasting time tweaking the lighting and poses to make SFV look absolutely gorgeous in the game.
I...true

Marvel

could never
t0j391um

y02h40ls

lol, gimmicks from the other day.

The Gold players I was winning against but the Silvers and Super Silvers I couldn't beat aha.

ElFly

I think it's interesting cos he really doesn't seem that dumb or car obsessed in his win quotes. It's there but he actually feels cool from what he says at the end. He compliments Alex's car but tells him to fix his engine before they talk. He tells Balrog to try dodging more and not run into his fist. Like, Abigail doesn't even box. He swings himself around like a goon and he's giving boxing advice to Balrog. Such disrespect, I love it.
But the other half of the time he's shrieking car noises. Idk

dunno, his super looks like boxing pear practice

also one of his fixed win quotes is something along the lines of "sorry, I got to go to balance some books", cause he is a responsible business owner when not being a wacky guy

Zackat

lol, gimmicks from the other day.

The Gold players I was winning against but the Silvers and Super Silvers I couldn't beat aha.

they play so strange sometimes. especially characters with wakeup reversals. I am so free to that shit it is crazy

also, I need to find the source of this image for luce's beautiful avatar that I am making. It is the perfect angle, face, everything. She just got the top of her head cut off
character_header_chun-li_alt.jpg

if anyone knows where that is from I'd appreciate it.

mbpm1

dunno, his super looks like boxing pear practice

also one of his fixed win quotes is something along the lines of "sorry, I got to go to balance some books", cause he is a responsible business owner when not being a wacky guy
Anyone can hit a bag. He doesn't show much sign of it when actually fighting so it's still pretty funny.

I didn't know that quote, but that just solidifies Chill Abigail is definitely cooler than car weeb Abigail.

myco666

All trials done for Abigail. The 9th was surprisingly hard.

I plan to lol!

Nah I'll go back eventually but for now I need to keep up the learning and improving, then I'll head back in when I feel more solid and confident.

You say that but you will end up like me and won't touch ranked for a year lol.

TFW you see your opponent has 2999 points and you want to shut down his promotion and you do perfectly until your opponent has 200 health on the second round and you hit Abby Punch but for some reason the game doesn't read your CA input so he survives and ends up getting a Guile theme comeback for two straight rounds.

Marvel

could never
The one with the three charge punches in a row is easy enough, but the one where you do it after the EX flip is baffling me.

Yes! this one was really hard. Took me a while.

Basically, don't hold the backswing to full charge, there seems to be an awfully strict slight charge to get the proper launch without going for the full charge that simply cannot work.

Blueblur1

they play so strange sometimes. especially characters with wakeup reversals. I am so free to that shit it is crazy

also, I need to find the source of this image for luce's beautiful avatar that I am making. It is the perfect angle, face, everything. She just got the top of her head cut off
character_header_chun-li_alt.jpg

if anyone knows where that is from I'd appreciate it.

Here ya go:

mbpm1

TFW you see your opponent has 2999 points and you want to shut down his promotion and you do perfectly until your opponent has 200 health on the second round and you hit Abby Punch but for some reason the game doesn't read your CA input so he survives and ends up getting a Guile theme comeback for two straight rounds.
That's a very specific feeling

TronWayne

Eating a wakeup dragon punch with Abigail's V-Trigger is the best. Especially when it woulda killed you. He's a really fun character, but if someone gets rolling on you it can be tough to get back on offense.

I don't think that it is the same people working on the website and the actual game.

I would imagine that it is quite a different task to pose a static model, set up fixed light sources, take a screenshot, and then tweak it in Photoshop (see Laura's hand), compared to producing something that works for animated models with dynamic lighting in-engine.

Top Bottom