• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Sayad

Lol yea Abigails is very impractical. But stuff like other characters Vtrigger -> One mixup ->Death is real. And feels worse because there are multiple ways to land the Vtrigger and some chars do it off a Jab.
Well, yea, good thing that video was posted in response to Abigail's video, not the comeback mechanics shit which I my self not a fan of!

ElFly

Isnt MvC3 standard 3/5 tho? Also its not like you dont get Vtrigger again the next round.

3/5 matches

each match is a single round

in SFV, at EVO, I think pools was 2/3 matches? and after that it was 3/5 matches. but each match was 2/3 rounds

yeah you get V-trigger the next match, but you will have to actually "comeback" twice to win. not once like in marvel

so who is the next character released after Abi

Menat:
gm8nhmlbfp0z.jpg

MCD250

Sooa (Korean Juri player) says Juri is the Dan of SFV.

https://youtu.be/RhvoSU-RzIo

She also complains that Juri's anti-air jab got nerfed while other folks got to keep theirs and also says that Balrog will never be nerfed.

I like how Capcom just threw that up on their YouTube, heh.

You gain meter by getting hit in any game. But the amount matters , Doubt Makoto is gonna be able to use her Super. Since by then the opponent would have built enough meter to finish her off.
If SFV needed at least some VSkill usage to get full V trigger in a reasonable time it would be ok. But right now a 1000HP char gets a 3Bar Vtrigger after losing roughly 60-65% of HP.

Lol yea Abigails is very impractical. But stuff like other characters Vtrigger -> One mixup ->Death is real. And feels worse because there are multiple ways to land the Vtrigger and some chars do it off a Jab.

Depends on what you are hitting the opponent with. If you are striking them with normals, you aren't going to get as much bar as the other person getting hit. That other person can get at least up to 2 bars and some spare change from just getting hit. Guess how much bar that Makoto used in that video? 2 bars (or maybe a little under?) So unless you are going in hard and doing combos, specials, and the like, you probably aren't gaining more meter than the other person. Which isn't really a big deal, but that person is for sure getting enough meter to do the stupid shit that is in that video.

Watch the bars at the bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY34_8fD8mE

I mean, I'm going off of memory and a few youtube videos so I could be wrong, but regardless of the rate, if you are getting decked, you at least get a full 2 bars to work with on top of whiiffing/landing moves. So while the rate DOES matter, for this conversation, the ending point is the same = the attackee gets enough bar to do dumb shit.

Edit: I see your additional point about "the opponent finishing them off", but that's not really being fair to the comparison. The other person has a chance, just like the other person has a chance to do so in SFV. You cannot suddenly separate the two for the discussion of SFV and SF3. V-Trigger combos might be easier, but they aren't automatic entries. They can fail, they can whiff, and they can be dropped. The same can be said of any special.

Edzi

Abigail is free once you knock him down, same as Alex. The only thing that makes me sad is that he's so much better than Alex in every other way, and can even cancel out of his long range pokes.

sephi22

Abigail's trigger is 2 bars so that he can spam his v-reversals that he so desperately needs and also have enough juice to get that one trigger activation when needed.

Because this character is free to throws and on wakeup. Also his v-skill is not nearly as good as you think it is.

The most surprising thing about Abigail to me is how he doesn't care for most zoners. You can parry fireballs or swat them for free v-guage or CA-guage. Only characters who can follow up on their slow fireballs can give him trouble (Guile and Nash). Oh, and Fang. But let's be real. No one plays Fang

Edzi

Abigail's trigger is 2 bars so that he can spam his v-reversals that he so desperately needs and also have enough juice to get that one trigger activation when needed.

Because this character is free to throws and on wakeup. Also his v-skill is not nearly as good as you think it is.

The most surprising thing about Abigail to me is how he doesn't care for most zoners. You can parry fireballs or swat them for free v-guage or CA-guage. Only characters who can follow up on their slow fireballs can give him trouble (Guile and Nash). Oh, and Fang. But let's be real. No one plays Fang

I thought his parry didn't work on fireballs?

JusDoIt

Laura. Slow fireball she can follow. Also three hits, so he can't nullify all three.

His v-trigger swat takes so long she can bait it out and EX command throw through her own clap if Abby swats it back at her.

I didn't lose a game to any Abbys last night. Still can't tell who wins that match tho.

His parry works on fireballs. They just can't be multi hitting (unless you have an armor move to back it up). I think the parry recovers a slight bit faster than just swatting it but I'm not sure.

Wake up is bad but god his jabs have stupid range and AA ability.

He needs good AAs because his shit is so slow people could jump on him for free. I mean, he's basically made to be a reads based character that can play defensively or go YOLO. What's funny is that I think his V-Skill is good but will take a ton of investment to use properly but without major drawbacks if you miss.

Top Bottom