• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

mbpm1

So now that we've gotten 4 characters for S2, have there been any new trends?

Like with the S1 cast we saw that they all had reversals which were NOT invincible for the meterless versions, only on the metered. Has a similar trend been discovered?

The only one that I can think of is that Kolin is the only character who can't cancel her sweep into V-Trigger if it's blocked.
Congrats!
Hmmm s2 character trends

They all have weaker defense on wake up I think. Eds dp is slow enough to be baited with a jab. Kolin and Abigail can be thrown out of theirs. Alums has a dp but his can net additional damage for the defender bc of how it works

They don't have as straightforward derp as some s1 characters.

They all have decent AA jabs

So does Alex being a messiah/chosen one figure, has that always been what Capcom has been aiming for with him since SF 3

seeing as the UDON comic continues with that....im trying to remember much of SF 3

gill4.gif

lk tatsu v trigger cancel tho

Oh fuck, I'd forgotten about that. Fucking +9 oB.

chun is honest. Only dirty thing she has is air stomps thats only a factor when your about to die / be stunned
Comparatively yes. Chun is pretty honest.
He was the main character for SF3 so yeah probably

Everyone keeps alluding to something special about Alex in SFV
It's where he gets removed from the SF series FOREVER. Finally.
Hmmm s2 character trends

They all have weaker defense on wake up I think. Eds dp is slow enough to be baited with a jab. Kolin and Abigail can be thrown out of theirs. Alums has a dp but his can net additional damage for the defender bc of how it works

They don't have as straightforward derp as some s1 characters.

They all have decent AA jabs
Goddamn AA jabs.

I just want SFV to sell like 3 million and Capcom to say we make good money off people who actually bought the game so every1 can just STFU already.

Nobody wants Necro, Sean, Remy, yun, yang or twelve.
I want Sean. A shoto that's actually fun? Sign me tf up. His DP that smacks you back to the ground? His tatsu that's not a tatsu but a crescent kick or something? They can make his V-Skill a basketball toss because he doesn't chuck plasma.

Sean is straight up the only interesting shoto in the series.

And Necro is like a swag Dhalsim. Look, all Dhalsim mains are scumbags, this is a fact. Necro mains are cool.

Skilletor

So now that we've gotten 4 characters for S2, have there been any new trends?

Like with the S1 cast we saw that they all had reversals which were NOT invincible for the meterless versions, only on the metered. Has a similar trend been discovered?

The only one that I can think of is that Kolin is the only character who can't cancel her sweep into V-Trigger if it's blocked.
Congrats!

Ed, Akuma, and Abby both have a really dangerous AA game. They get more damage off AAs /with specials and normals than a lot of people do. The playstyles of every S2 character is pretty diverse with lots of tools to play with (though the effectiveness of those tools can be fickle).

Got into a set with a pretty wild Ken, and then in the third match the connection just turns to complete shit. We were both just standing full screen and pressing buttons ... so I killed the game. Boot up again, and I have lost 128 LP. Worth it.

lk tatsu v trigger cancel tho
Ken also has no 3 frame normal.

Come on, you guys are reaching here. Lk Tatsu gets stuff by a meaty.

@Cammy being honest, I would say if all she has was the crazy buttons and fast speed, sure. But the air cannon drill stuff, nah...she's too crazy to react to IMO, and it's hard to stop the Cammy from going on autopilot.

Ed, Akuma, and Abby both have a really dangerous AA game. They get more damage off AAs /with specials and normals than a lot of people do. The playstyles of every S2 character is pretty diverse with lots of tools to play with (though the effectiveness of those tools can be fickle).
I also noticed that Ed and Abby both have very effective air-to-air. Kolin too with her VERY damaging airthrow.

Ken also has no 3 frame normal.

Come on, you guys are reaching here. Lk Tatsu gets stuff by a meaty.

It is +9 oB.
+9

+9

+9

3 frames

+9

mbpm1

Kolin's ex counter also is more than some people get as far as aa goes

She can also AA at half screen with.vskill and gets oki after

I also noticed that Ed and Abby both have very effective air-to-air. Kolin too with her VERY damaging airthrow.

It is +9 oB.
+9

+9

+9

3 frames

+9
yeah but what's the real life difference is something being +3 or +9? Genuine question. For me all that means is its not my turn yet. He can only attack you or throw afterwards, why does it being more plus than average make it better?

yeah but what's the real life difference is something being +3 or +9? Genuine question. For me all that means is its not my turn yet. He can only attack you or throw afterwards, why does it being more plus than average make it better?
Well shit turns out that in S2 it's +2 oB, and that mk tatsu is +9 oB.

Here's a video showing it off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fhA-mFDlVw

Basically you can meaty with very heavy buttons like st.hp and st.hk and cancel that into run too for extra pressure. You can delay buttons. You can shimmy which is real scary when you have so much frame advantage. jump to throw bait or just pressure further.

myco666

the range on his jab is ridiculous and it's crazy safe. And you get a KD from deep lol, that's pretty good for basically a safe move, what are you even defending here mate lol. I didn't say he's a dumb character that requires no skill to play, just that even he has derp.

What is a knockdown good for if you don't get anything from it? V-skill? Negative as hell. Dash in? Still negative. If he had a setup afterwards sure but nope.

MrCarter

Real talk: If the SSFV update doesn't happen the community is going to be real salty about it. We might never hear the end of it on reddit.

It would be stupid for Capcom to not throw something together to update SFV at this point. SSFV is slowly becoming this big monolithic expectation, IMO.

I'm not expecting anything (as it's Capcom after all) but if it happens it happens, I don't care either way as I will continue playing, however if it doesn't happen, community will be salty for sure but will carry on as normal when they get over it.

Another thing Blizzard does that Capcpom doesn't have the resources to do.

Crossover costumes with other games. If you bought MvC:I, you get a few colours or a specific costume unlocked in your CFN.

If you buy that anniversary collection that's coming up, you get Alex's nostalgia costume for free (cause nobody plays Alex anyway and everyone who wanted one bought it already).
Be A Star, Luce.
giphy.gif

joe2187

Banned
Another thing Blizzard does that Capcpom doesn't have the resources to do.

Crossover costumes with other games. If you bought MvC:I, you get a few colours or a specific costume unlocked in your CFN.

If you buy that anniversary collection that's coming up, you get Alex's nostalgia costume for free (cause nobody plays Alex anyway and everyone who wanted one bought it already).
latest

Monster Hunter and Dragons Dogma online have multiple crossovers that are crazy and insane...but I mean...those games generate money.

Skilletor

Kolin's ex counter also is more than some people get as far as aa goes

She can also AA at half screen with.vskill and gets oki after

Nice. I haven't seen/played much of Kolin, so couldn't comment. So, on the whole, it seems like AAs for S2 are much stronger.

Even some of the S1 characters got S2 buffs that made AA game better, even though I don't see much of it being used. Juri and Ryu b+hk come to mind (added juggle points).

Well shit turns out that in S2 it's +2 oB, and that mk tatsu is +9 oB.

Here's a video showing it off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fhA-mFDlVw

Basically you can meaty with very heavy buttons like st.hp and st.hk and cancel that into run too for extra pressure. You can delay buttons. You can shimmy which is real scary when you have so much frame advantage. jump to throw bait or just pressure further.
Oh cool, maybe I'll use some of that. Medium Tatsu is harder to get trigger with of course. But it could be used as a pressure tool instead of always doing low forwards or MP into triggers

Real talk: If the SSFV update doesn't happen the community is going to be real salty about it. We might never hear the end of it on reddit.

It would be stupid for Capcom to not throw something together to update SFV at this point. SSFV is slowly becoming this big monolithic expectation, IMO.

Building up expectations when this Super upgrade is still just rumors at this point is a dumb thing. This is why unsourced rumors are the worst for communities, they build up fake hype for something that may or may not exist.

But two years is the current standard for street fighter where a big update is released.

Top Bottom