• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

What is a knockdown good for if you don't get anything from it? V-skill? Negative as hell. Dash in? Still negative. If he had a setup afterwards sure but nope.
Well a KD resets neutral
Birdie has good defense and does high damage, it isn't like he needs to rush down most of the cast. And he has a command grab, which can be all types of scary..

Btw @ Luce that google doc says lk & mk Tatsu is +9 on block with trigger no?

If I get A2 on a modern console with GGPO, I will pretty much not need SF5 ever again.
This.

Unless they make FANG good.

Btw @ Luce that google doc says lk & mk Tatsu is +9 on block with trigger no?
I believe both lk tatsu and mk tatsu cancel into V-Trigger were +9 oB during Season 1.

But in Season 2, they only nerfed lk tatsu which is now +2 oB. While mk tatsu cancel is still +9.

SmokeMaxX

Though tbh, a truly honest character with 0 bullshit or derp sounds like it could get frustrating and old real fast. The only exception to this if it was in a game where EVERY character is like that.

It's part of what makes a character feel fun, doing moves where there's less risk than with other characters, doing moves that no other character has access to etc. It's when you don't balance the bullshit with the honesty properly that it starts to become a problem (Necalli).

A much better solution IMO would be to just give it frame 4 or 5 armour instead of frame 1 which makes absolutely no sense still when you consider Bullhorn in V-Trigger has frame 1 armour, and EX Bullhorn has TWO hits of armour for almost the entirety of the move from frame 1. You have no freaking reason to do bullhorn (Unless to get through a meaty projectile?) and absolutely no reason to do EX bullhorn when you can just EX bullhead instead.

EDIT: FUCK, every single time I talk about the balancing in this game I get so frustrated because there is so much stuff that makes 0 sense. This game really was balanced by school children like Bonchan said.
There are plenty of reasons to pick one option over the other. What option do you pick if you and Guile are on a pixel of health and you see that he's throwing a projectile? Not all options are used equally but that doesn't mean there's no reason to do certain options.

Shadoken

Guy's walkspeed not being ass ��
Bushin corner combos ��

Alpha 3 Guy tho....da gawd. Corner to corner baybee.

giphy.gif

Fuk man , Just give me Guy and let me do this combo in V. Let everyone do the fun shit like this.

there was a day in the land of street fighter

lucebuce said something mean about my favorite fighter

so i took a cigarette, lit it up with a lighter

i contemplated crying , but then i bursted up in laughter

because alex is the masterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr of me

alex is the master of the fight world

alex is my spirtal animal

SPIRITAL ANIMAL

latest

Edzi

Alpha 3 Guy tho....da gawd. Corner to corner baybee.

giphy.gif

Fuk man , Just give me Guy and let me do this combo in V. Let everyone do the fun shit like this.

I guarantee you'd be crying if you were the one on the receiving end of this, especially in SFV.

Shadoken

This is wrong. Street Fighter shouldn't have 100-0% combos. Capcom messed up with this game.

The funny part? Guy wasn't even the best character in that game. But as much as I see shit like this in combo vids. The actual matches at the time were hype. ike the one Skilletor posted.

It was a different time , when tech didnt travel as fast as it did nowdays. And there was no training mode.

I guarantee you'd be crying if you were the one on the receiving end of this, especially in SFV.

i already cri erritiem ;_;

might as well dish out some punishment.

But its not about the damage. Just how cool the combo looks. I wouldnt mind that shit doing 60-70%. Since thats what most chars get out of V-trig + Super.

Numb

The funny part? Guy wasn't even the best character in that game. But as much as I see shit like this in combo vids. The actual matches at the time were hype. ike the one Skilletor posted.

It was a different time , when tech didnt travel as fast as it did nowdays. And there was no training mode.

In our arcade people had to walk to a different arcade a town away to see new tech
I almost miss it

JusDoIt

Push some buttons cole.... lmao.

Fk looking at that Air Grab-> Bushin Grab was so sick too. SSFIV Guy was such a fkin disappointment.

I think Zeku will end up like Abigail to Hugo or Charlie to Guile.

Very similar looking moves with a completely different purpose.

Guy is the only character I would drop Laura for. He was my main in the Alphas and 4 from Super on. If Zeku is Guyish I might have me a sub for real.

I thought "today's the day Owl, when you make it to the esteemed land of ULTRA BRONZE"

After putting a good amount of time in today I've deranked and ranked back up multiple times and are now ultimately left 200 points lower than where I started, the scrub purgatory is real.
Yet I don't really mind, the game finds matches fast enough, only thing that really bugs me is the further you slip back down the more Ryu and Kens you keep facing.

I like using Kolin but boy I can't do toffee when my opponent starts playing the runaway game, how dare they not keep bumbling into my counters, it's so fun!

Top Bottom