• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Shadoken

So for all the people saying "this isnt Street Fighter" , watch this. Look at the neutral game and compare to SFV with ppl randomly whiffing shit with their stubby normals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZjI0MfBDA4

People regularly are.

The character's called Balrog. And it's more frustrating because it requires considerably less effort than the Guy combo.

Yup The combo was also known day 1 , instead of like 3 years later or w/e.

Numb

Better UI than MvCI!

Also sick as fuck

Nothing wrong with Marvel I

20150709043433a0e567fj9k171m80.jpg

So for all the people saying "this isnt Street Fighter" , watch this. Look at the neutral game and compare to SFV with ppl randomly whiffing shit with their stubby normals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZjI0MfBDA4
GOD, I miss the days when the reward of hitting a button in neutral.... was just landing that button!

The risk/reward is so heavily skewed in favour of CC buttons that just pressing medium buttons feels pointless in SFV.

People are complaining about trial 2 stuff. The playerbase isn't ready for how difficult Alpha combos would be.
Unrelated but I just booted up USF4 recently and decided to do the trials/challenges for Poison.

I gave the fuck up when the game asked me to do this:

st.hk xx EX fireball xx FADC forward xx qcb,qcb ppp (land it before the hitstun from the fireball wears off).

Shadoken

GOD, I miss the days when the reward of hitting a button in neutral.... was just landing that button!

The risk/reward is so heavily skewed in favour of CC buttons that just pressing medium buttons feels pointless in SFV..

"Alpha 3 is just combos , theres no neutral"
Hmmmmm
giphy.gif

Also they got a 3S cab at my office recently , felt so good playing a shoto with good reach. missed that.

Also they got a 3S cab at my office recently , felt so good playing a shoto with good reach. missed that.
I know what you mean.

Played Jago in KI and then Ryu in USF4 got me in a real shoto mood so I decided to play Ryu in SF5 and it just soured me on the game even further. This character has NOTHING good about him.

mbpm1

I thought "today's the day Owl, when you make it to the esteemed land of ULTRA BRONZE"

After putting a good amount of time in today I've deranked and ranked back up multiple times and are now ultimately left 200 points lower than where I started, the scrub purgatory is real.
Yet I don't really mind, the game finds matches fast enough, only thing that really bugs me is the further you slip back down the more Ryu and Kens you keep facing.

I like using Kolin but boy I can't do toffee when my opponent starts playing the runaway game, how dare they not keep bumbling into my counters, it's so fun!
Walk em down b, and just cr mk them :D

Then mix in the dashes or jumps

Kolin is a gift

XenoRaven

I thought "today's the day Owl, when you make it to the esteemed land of ULTRA BRONZE"

After putting a good amount of time in today I've deranked and ranked back up multiple times and are now ultimately left 200 points lower than where I started, the scrub purgatory is real.
Yet I don't really mind, the game finds matches fast enough, only thing that really bugs me is the further you slip back down the more Ryu and Kens you keep facing.

I like using Kolin but boy I can't do toffee when my opponent starts playing the runaway game, how dare they not keep bumbling into my counters, it's so fun!
Toffee?

Shadoken

Mine was a joke post. I think you might've missed the post about Abigail's %100-0 combo on Dhalsim.

oh lol my bad.

I'd rather be the Ryu in that Guy gif left with 5% HP , at least theres defensive options and even Ryu can do a high damage combo with Vism.Better than taking an unreactable mixup in V and dying.

Shadoken

I only like Ryu's parry in V, even that aint great.

They should make it harder to use , instant startup,less active frames and make it more punishable. So its more skill based.

but then scrubs cant use it and Pros can actually do sick stuff with it. Cant have that now can we? Nope gotta balance the game across all skill levels.

Skilletor

I got to platinum and I haven't done ranked since.

Then Capcom gave me LP that their shit servers cheated me out of, so I'm several matches away from losing it if I wanted to play ranked again (I don't).

I think about getting to platinum on PC as well just for matchmaking, since that's where I play the most, and...nah.

Top Bottom