• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Quick reminder to schedule an appointment to your nearest optometrist next week.

Also the only reason chun looks as good as she does because they changed her face literally every month. Initial SFV reveal chun li stlll looks miles better than mvc:i tho.

Quick reminder to read the full thread before replying.

Abigail's jab, jesus dude.

Is Abigail's overhead jump move plus or something?

The arm flip is at least 0 oB.

Light is 0 (but he doesn't move), Medium is +1, and Heavy is +2.

If you're talking about the flip kick from Nitro Charge, then that's disgustingly negative at -12.

JusDoIt

Has anybody noticed how rematches sometimes disconnect after the New CFN update?

Like both players will select the rematch, both names will light up green, then there's a long pause and then the box prompting you to go back to the previous mode pops up instead of the match happening. No error message pops up.

This has happened to me a grip lately, and I don't know what it is. The first few times I chalked it up as salt because I'm a scrubby Laura.

mbpm1

Has anybody noticed how rematches sometimes disconnect after the New CFN update?

Like both players will select the rematch, both names will light up green, then there's a long pause and then the box prompting you to go back to the previous mode pops up instead of the match happening. No error message pops up.

This has happened to me a grip lately, and I don't know what it is. The first few times I chalked it up as salt because I'm a scrubby Laura.

It did happen once, which was weird bc it's never happened for months, but otherwise nothing

mbpm1

Kolin player RQ on me

You disgrace Kolin mains smh. Maybe try something else aside from spamming v-skill into my armor run

LakeEarth

The arm flip is at least 0 oB.

Light is 0 (but he doesn't move), Medium is +1, and Heavy is +2.

If you're talking about the flip kick from Nitro Charge, then that's disgustingly negative at -12.
Thanks, I'm having real trouble against Abby's. Even when they're disgustingly negative, he's often too far to punish.

LakeEarth

you can always punish the flip kick i think.
Yeah that and his sweep are pretty good to punish, but missed rapid punches is super negative but often I can't even get a sweep with Alex. I might have to resort to EX elbow rush as a punish for that (unless it's obvious I'm close enough for something better).

mbpm1

Yeah that and his sweep are pretty good to punish, but missed rapid punches is super negative but often I can't even get a sweep with Alex. I might have to resort to EX elbow rush as a punish for that (unless it's obvious I'm close enough for something better).

You can't use regular elbow or st. rh?

Same here, I often found myself out of range to punish it on block even with my longest range normal. But seeing that it's -16 on block at minimum for any of the normal Abigail punch's I see that I can punish with HK tatsu since it has huge range. Maybe even MK tatsu will work if I want something that'll come out a little faster. Good info to know against Abigail players who want to keep throwing it out at max range.

Edzi

What do you mean by "can't even get a sweep"? Sweeps are slow.

Ucchedavāda;244860783 said:
USFIV on TeamSp00ky:
https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Haha, that's great.

The voice-actors strike strikes again?
CountBlack must be having a field day!

And yeah, the strike certainly must have affected the game. That and the voice direction is absolutely freaking horrible. Everyone just sounds bored in MvC:I with the exception of maybe Nova and Spider-Man(who just sounds cocky).

I haven't watched a lot of footage, but I immediately noticed Nova not sounding as good as he does in umvc3.
I think this is more of a direction thing, since the very same voice actor was hired for Nova in Marvel heroes, and he doesn't sound nearly as buff there either.

What? The nostalgia costume for Akuma in SFV is one of the most fantastic art assets in this entire game - and I consider this game to be a visual feast.

I'm sorry, but SF4 looks grotesque. It did not age well.

I'm just not a fan of the in game model for the nostalgia costume (or regular). He looks a bit better on the character select screen though.

Nova sounds like he should be in the 90sans I kinda love that. He's so extreme.

Also I just deflected a sim Super and won the match. Fear me.

I had the worst day I've ever had in SFV yesterday. Got teabagged by a Guile after perfecting him the first round. He proceeded to win the set. It messed me up so bad I couldn't even throw booms anymore. I continued to lose for two hours straight after that. Each loss set me deeper into the salt mines and I even lost to Giefs. I can't remember the last time I lost to Gief.

When you're angry it shuts down your thinking and all strategy goes out the window. You become basic and I was actively seeing that happen but couldn't stop it.

I was about to take a break or quit for the day but I wanted to see if I could come back from it, calm down and start winning again. Deep breathing with my eyes closed helped a little and I eventually started doing better.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
~super helpful breakdown of each input~

So Skel1ngton , just keep practicing. I was where you just a couple years ago but eventually I got the timing down.

Thank you - everyone- who is helping me in this very early growing pains - really appreciate all the insight.

Pachinko... I worked through your breakdown step-by-step. Literally spent 15 minutes on each piece... and then slowly working it together. Timing is tricky, and I have a long way to go before I could repeat the process even a third of the time. That said, I passed the trail and, more importantly, I can definitely "feel" myself starting to "get it" more. Early. But a small win. Thank you.

I'm sure you'll all have to deal with a whole lot more questions in the near future! Thank you!

What do you mean by "can't even get a sweep"? Sweeps are slow.

Alex's sweep is very slow, but definitely fast enough punish Abigail's rapid punch move, if he were in range that is. The Abigail punch is -16 on block at minimum. But he can throw it out on block from a really far range. So far that a lot of characters furthest reaching normals won't reach. So we have to resort to special moves or a command normal.

I had the worst day I've ever had in SFV yesterday. Got teabagged by a Guile after perfecting him the first round. He proceeded to win the set. It messed me up so bad I couldn't even throw booms anymore. I continued to lose for two hours straight after that. Each loss set me deeper into the salt mines and I even lost to Giefs. I can't remember the last time I lost to Gief.

I've been teabagged many times. Some times I really believe they're doing it because they can't stand my lame Ryu play. But nope, I'll just keep chucking fireballs from mid screen instead of going balls in like what I think they're trying to get me to do. It's not like I have a choice. I may want to play hyper aggressive sometimes. But you really can't do that with Ryu.

Now losing over and over, and to people who I think I shouldn't have lost to is a different story. That will send me spiraling downhill lol. Not that it affects my actual play, just make me more upset and unwilling to stop playing until I feel like I've made up for my past losses(which never happens).

Marvel

could never
enr0gzm0

Need this for V.

So yesterday wasn't the day where I'd reach Ultra Bronze.
But today? today was that day, after the Kolin experiment went awry I went back to my man Vega and the handsome psychopath led me on a merry streak to my current high, maybe I can actually escape bronze purgatory after all.

I was fortunate to encounter an Alex player at one stage, I've dabbled with him online myself but only when facing him did I realise just how bad a hand the poor bastard has been dealt, something about countering his anti-air grab with my light aerial prod seems woefully unjust.

Easily the best cammy has ever looked.

I gave up my preorder cammy battle costume code to my friend who mains her, despite never using her myself I sometimes feel regret over that choice.

DunpealD

how does abigails parry work again? am I not doing the correct one for jump ins?

Abigails parry is kinda weird. Standing for jumps and standing attacks and low for crouching attacks. Which means you cannot parry Kens cr.mp with a standing parry, instead you need to do the low one.

Top Bottom