• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Quick reminder that SFIV is graphically and aesthetically better looking than SFV.

Damn it's FUGY...

rashidoizsoe.png

Pompadour

Do people want Abigail to be shit? lol

Would not being able to low profile normals that everyone could duck under be such a detriment? I honestly don't care either way and I guess it made sense they patched in Hugo's head being able to duck (or rather phase through) high tiger shots since those actually move across the screen. But SF isn't Tekken where ducking normals up close is a huge thing, right?

Would not being able to low profile normals that everyone could duck under be such a detriment? I honestly don't care either way and I guess it made sense they patched in Hugo's head being able to duck (or rather phase through) high tiger shots since those actually move across the screen. But SF isn't Tekken where ducking normals up close is a huge thing, right?

Moves designed to hit high do so for a reason.

Imagine not being able to duck under Ken's kick, kick target combo.

Or Gief st.hk.

I hope Sony add the option to lock a game out on Ps4.

Now that I just deleted it again, I really don't want to reinstall until the next balance patch but I just know I'm gonna go through the same thing when Menat and Zeku release.

Honestly, this is something that I have issues with after I get rusty, and i'm still getting a stronger grasp on it (although i think I made a breakthough in the last 24h), but this comes down to fundamentals.

I'll start with this RE: how do you help your friends get better - the way i've gone about it is I try & point out what they could've done to beat me. I talk over what could've worked where. I've even taken them right into the training room and had them help me with figuring out the optimal choice in certain situations & such. If you're just easily beating them & hoping they start to figure out, there is no telling how long that'll take if it ever happens. Pointing out holes in their game or things they may start doing to play better will help them in the long run.

Now, let's talk about how you yourself can become better in the neutral space. Honestly, without match footage of yours to see where you face off against an online player, its hard to point out where you're falling short. The most important thing is figuring out either the ranges that you're having trouble mounting an offense from, or what situations you find particularly disabling for yourself as a player.

Heres a personal example - I have a friend who is fantastic at locking a player down in the corner. And a big hole in my game has always been trying to maintain my footing while in the corner. Now, me & this player played some long, longgggg sets, and I started stopping between matches & thinking back on just what I was trying to do while I was in there. I realized that once I was in the corner, i'd start panicking on making the right decision, and once I realized I could just calmly stay there & wait for my opponent to make a mistake, I learned how to effectively block in that situation without pressing a button cause I got nervous.

There are going to be several situations you're going to have to both identify & then figure out ways to overcome as a player. Its kinda cool cause fighting games are one of the few genres where this sort of 'shadow boxing' occurs all the time and is the best way to improve. I'd say go ahead and throw us a clip so we can see what you're doing & tell us what situations give you the most trouble in mounting an offense.

Thanks for taking the time to put all that out.

I'm going to take your advice and start looking more at what I'm doing and pointing it out to my friends so they can start to get a better understanding of what's happening.

I think you're right, I do press the panic button during some matches, but some matches are done before they even start.
I'm going to watch some of my old footage and see where I'm getting so locked down.

Often times I'm realizing I'm blocking wrong or not controlling the air properly. I should be Anti-Airing but instead I'm in the wrong position and usually eat a jump in. I think this is one of the first things for me to work on. I tend to be in a down/back position very often for one reason or another and this may be my biggest problem.

Rymuth

The creeping despair that I'm never gonna be able to finish Survival Mode Hard for that trophy is slowly overtaking my mind...fuck the CPU past stage 30. Cheating *******

I hope Sony add the option to lock a game out on Ps4.

Now that I just deleted it again, I really don't want to reinstall until the next balance patch but I just know I'm gonna go through the same thing when Menat and Zeku release.

At some point you are going to have to admit defeat and leave the game installed.

The creeping despair that I'm never gonna be able to finish Survival Mode Hard for that trophy is slowly overtaking my mind...fuck the CPU past stage 30. Cheating *******
Pick Ken or Ryu, spam medium DP.

Pick FANG, spam heavy upballs.

Pick Rashid, spam heavy eagle kick.

Pick bison, spam headstomp then move forward while in the air for the follow up then move back at the last second and do the punch button follow up into st.mp into cr.mp into medium inferno. At the higher difficulties, the AI tries to AA but you switch sides so you often get a counter hit.

Xeteh

Pick bison, spam headstomp then move forward while in the air for the follow up then move back at the last second and do the punch button follow up into st.mp into cr.mp into medium inferno. At the higher difficulties, the AI tries to AA but you switch sides so you often get a counter hit.

None of these ever worked for me. I actually though Rashid's would considering how I completed normal with him easily doing it but Hard it just got blocked constantly and punished.

You have to believe in the mp srk, truly believe.
Even if you get hit just keep doing it, don't even walk, just srk for lyfe.

One thing though, it's most consistent in the corner, so once you get him once or twice, immediately dash them to the corner.
Ken also works better cause he has no overlap with the super command.

Believe.

Rymuth

Seems they've been nerfed. I checked around and some folks on other boards are porting the same thing (the Ken/Ryu/Akuma DP thing)

Only one I found effective so far was Urien's drop kick from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dzjrltvlEo - but I always wind up making a mistake around Stage +40

MCD250

Akuma's nostalgia costume in SFV is easily the best-looking version of old school Akuma. I only wish he still had the rope belt from IV, since I think it's a nice alteration on the design.

stn

Akuma's nostalgia look is awesome, also very cool that you can remove the top-half to give him a Shin Akuma look. If I could change any one skin, I'd remove the twig from Ryu's mouth in his school skin. Just looks weird.

kunonabi

Ucchedavāda;244841469 said:
The vanilla stages all look nice, IMO. What detracts from them is the stupid looking NPCs.

Seriously. I've been playing the last few nights and they're even worse than i remembered.

Quick reminder that SFIV is graphically and aesthetically better looking than SFV.
Quick reminder to schedule an appointment to your nearest optometrist next week.

Also the only reason chun looks as good as she does because they changed her face literally every month. Initial SFV reveal chun li stlll looks miles better than mvc:i tho.

Top Bottom